Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense here.....but Hassli scored one cracking goal. Is our National program that bad that we are now looking for a 30 year-old who can't make it in Europe anymore as the type of player to 'save' our National Team? FFS, we REALLY are in trouble if this is what we need. There is a reason he has never played for the French National team........he's not THAT good. Sorry to burst a few bubbles here, gentlemen, but let's be realistic.
The MNT is so close to needing a telethon for jerry's kids just to get a win. We had a one man advantage for 75 minutes over a team I've never heard of and only won 1-nil because of a PK. "allay JerBAH" as the annoucners say, just doesn't cut it, with his donkey kong frame and lack of finish and our team is just weak overall. Id love to see our team make it more than anything, but we don't have it in us with the players we have. Id love to see the day when the MNT is on the same level as the hockey program, but I don't have a genie in a lamp.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascadesoccer. How the heck can youp lay if one does not attack. They pass four passes in the back two in the midle one forward and turn the ball over. I never even heard about that team they played. We have miles to go. Our pace is like a slong crossing the road. I wish Steven the best. He must be going mad with the play of some guys. I am sixty I bet you I score goal before they do.

We have tonns of kids but somthing goes wrong from U 20 on. I just can not understand why they do not put a team in USL and play them in the World games. It just does not work as is.
Panama is a strong side. I hope for Stevens sake that guys step up and show what we are made of. Tomorrow is the day. Steven should have called few more guys from Caps.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense here.....but Hassli scored one cracking goal. Is our National program that bad that we are now looking for a 30 year-old who can't make it in Europe anymore as the type of player to 'save' our National Team? FFS, we REALLY are in trouble if this is what we need. There is a reason he has never played for the French National team........he's not THAT good. Sorry to burst a few bubbles here, gentlemen, but let's be realistic.

Read your question w/ unbiased eyes and answer it yourself.

Yes, it is that bad.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our pace is like a slong crossing the road.

I know it's not popular to pick on Base anymore, but Regs, WTF is a slong? I just need to know so I can follow the bouncing ball.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude slog is two slogs on top of each other. Does that make it bit more clear. I bet you you could do better. No slugs on Balkan.Tigers yes. Snipers yes.
Partick from Victoria Highlanders PDL side woud do way better job than the two guys we have playing upfront for our NMT.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, you make the comment that Steven should have brought more players from the Caps. Can you enlighten me as to exactly who? You criticize the Caps management for only having 2 Canadian players, and then say that Hart should have called more than Dunfield?

Have you forgotten to take your meds today, or did you take them twice...or thrice?

Just Sayin...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert has been a shade better than average in light duty tasks for the worst team in MLS... that sounds like exactly what Mr. Base was referring to!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Tiebert should have been there. Bit more pace would have helped. I was trying to point out the youngster that went to FC Edmonton from Caps. Edmonton has two Canadian kids playing well. Plus the youngster from the Residancy side. We lack in forward speed and Attack. To late now. Roster was given. Todays game we needed a win. Dunfield was making thirty yard passes most of the time. Good to see Hughtons son tring out with Caps. We need more goals.
Dezza your guys are off to Vegas. Nice to see.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see young Houghten did not make it as a deffender here wit Caps. Best of luck to him where ever he goes.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mouloud Akloul was released, so if my math is correct with Harmse and Akloul off, the Caps have 2 open spots, and the transfer window opens July 15th,

last night TFShitty announced 2 additional DPs in Danny Koevermans and Torsten Frings. I don't know much about Koevermans, but Frings is a very good Central Midfielder and that's a good signing for TFC. It would be excellent to see the Caps get a guy of that quality and calibre to play in the middle. I was impressed last night with Vagenas, he is SO much more patient with the ball at his feet than either Koffie, Brovsky or dunfield, and I thought he was a major reason for the Caps domination of the possession stats last night.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait a minute we have a guy with the name "Vagenas" on the caps? Sounds like it's one letter away from probably what it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0