Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Vs FC Dallas

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats the thoughts on the game this saturday? any word on whether Dunfield or Demerit will play? Hopefully we can keep Dallas out of the W and keep our streak at home alive! on another note, I was planning to take in oscars before the caps game and was wondering what time one has to get there to get a seat? GO CAPS!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard Dunfield will play even though he's still listed as questionable, haven't heard anything about Demerit. As for Oscar's, by 11:30 last time I was there the pub was fulll, but it seems a little less crazy since the home opener.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anything short of a dub will not be good enough. And it won't be easy as Dallas is coming off a loss at Portland. Hopefully the following are NOT in the lineup....

Wagner
Knight
Khalfan
Harmse (hopefully he's back to POCO)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I"m taking my daughter tomorrow after watching a few races at Hastings Park. :) Should be a great day if the forecast holds true.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
just saw highlites from yesterdays game but could either of the goals have been saved?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought his positioning on both goals was bad. Other than that, I thought they played alright.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunfield can only be defended in that he's pretty much one dimensional, and useless if he's left to do all the work himself... He needs someone to play with and off of, he has been pretty good when paired with Koffie, but average to subpar when paired with Khalfan, Brovsky, or Harmse.

Again, Wagner and Knight are fairly gifted athletes when it comes to pace and such, but their vision and technical quality-when it comes to passes, decision making, crosses etc really lets them and the team down. Wagner was shocking again. I really can't see him getting a game once Salinas is fit to play. Really exposed at this level and now I see why he has failed in his MLS attempts in years gone by prior to him coming to the Caps.

This is life as an MLS expansion team imho...when injuries and intl duty calls the teams with depth will carry on and teams like WFC will struggle.

I'm not going to hang both goals on Nolly 100% but he sure coulda done better on both of them.

Still loving watching Rochat, Chiumiento and Hassli. These three ooze that technical ability, touch, patience and vision that the rest of the team just don't have.

And Camilo HAS to cut out the fcuking diving. :mad:

And for our resident zebras: What's your take on the Hassli yellow? Should that not have been just fair do's and perhaps an indirect fk in the box for a passback? I thought Hassli was giving as good as he was getting, and it surely wasn't ever a yellow card... The other guy had a step on Hassli, but he was flat footed and Hassli was running and if that guy hadn't grabbed a fist full of his top he would have had to REALLY foul him to stop him.

It will be interesting to see how they line up against Montreal in the upcoming NCC games. At least Hassli's not suspended for those! :p

my $0.02

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll go ahead and say it - Dunfield is not the quality we would like him to be. The local hometown boy leniency has wore thin. He's not good enough

Agreed. I heard Chumiento comment after the game that "he does not get the ball enough when he plays in a wide position", which seemed to indicate that he wants to play in the middle. Is he a natural centre mid? He is our best player so I say give him a shot in the middle of the park along side a ball winner. If that does not work the Caps need to make their next designated player a midfielder that can run the show and influence the game much more than the current options. They have capable defenders and forwards for this league but there's something missing in the middle of the field.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Reedie.
Chiumento should play as the high centre mid role.
Maybe In a 4-3-1-2. And out a ball winner in behind him.
He does great on the wing but would be much more dangerous with hassli holding it up and laying it back to him.

Salgado needs to come in earlier, perhaps the 60th for camillo.
And... We are really missing our captain.

I'm not liking their stagnant 4-4-2 play right now.

Demerit, chumiento and hasli all down the middle. Build around them.

Go Capucks

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody in the midfield got enough of the ball, the fullbacks were either turning it over or punting it 60 yards up to the forwards or other teams fullbacks.

Chiumiento is a normally central player, I think they line him up out wide so he can freelance behind the wingers, he does tend to roam into the middle a lot. Ideally he'd prolly line up behind one striker or in partnership with a rock of a holding midfielder, something we lack. Putting him beside Dunfield would expose our midfield defensively imho

edit: Lion beat me to it :p

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They line up Chiumiento out wide because TT isn't as smart as some think he is. Nolly is stil in the pipes???? No idea when to come off his line and way out of position on the second goal. His distribution is also shite. Don't get me started on Knight. Holy fcuk. When he actually contols the ball out wide, he goes back with it. When he doesn't have the ball, he points to the corner asking for a through ball. When he finally gets a ball near the 18, he can't knock it because he's shite. Wagner gets shittier every game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rochat is the only real quality on the team to be honest. The big Frenchman is drastically out of shape hence the 42 fouls he commits every game. He is only effective if someone with speed is playing around him......doesn't appear to be happening.

Chiumento looks slower now than he did the first game........possibly still suffering but he did take a knock from the keeper early on.

Dunfield simply is not good enough. Sorry, Terry, if you're reading this but you're too slow, a below average passer, and lack creativity. This is not what a team needs in the middle of the park but then again this is likely why the defenders have been told to bypass the midfield........or it's just Tater Tot's 'style' of play. Go Iceland. When is the last time Iceland made a World Cup? :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0