Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Vs FC Dallas

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what we can really say or do about any of this. Knight needs shooting and crossing classes, not sure how many attempts he can get and botch, but the stats are mind boggling. Hassli is a handful and a few of his cards are warranted due to stupid decisions. The diving HAS to stop and is getting ridiculous for Camilo. The Beer lines are to long, So are the line ups for the Bathrooms. The suns to bright in the North End. But holy fack I LOVE IT ALL. And if you haven't done it, Do the march with the southsiders, its a great time! On a final note maybe TT needs to get the boys back to basics. :wa:

Attachments

• Brad Higgs.jpg
    Brad Higgs.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 44

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Captain. Rochat is a stud. Get Demerit back and throw Rochat in the middle. His passing is deadly, he's a great ball winner and has good springs. Coupled with the swiss timing he is better than anyone in mid right now. Can Wes Knight follow Darren Gibsons lead and open a Twitter account please.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't mean to sound like I'm defending Teitur... but I don't think his "style" is punt and hope... i think the team breaks away from tactics, and this is still a coaching error as he seems to leave struggling guys out too long, I feel like his starting XI and subs have been poorly managed.

I really saw a lack of trust out there between teammates, when the going seems to get tough they just start humping it long, and perhaps that has to do with players of varying degrees of skill not being sure they can play the same ball to two different players... Hassli seems to be able to take any ball down and control it, Wagner seems to struggle with the a simple 5 yard sqaure ball at times. Obviously having Rochat in the central d position instead of left back kills any sense of creativity up the left flank and the right is only as good as Salinas or Leathers are, and that seems distinctly average.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Captain. Rochat is a stud. Get Demerit back and throw Rochat in the middle. His passing is deadly, he's a great ball winner and has good springs. Coupled with the swiss timing he is better than anyone in mid right now. Can Wes Knight follow Darren Gibsons lead and open a Twitter account please.

@WesleyTKnight
http://twitter.com/#!/WesleyTKnight

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hassli really impresses me. He seems to have superglue all over his boots. With a few exceptions throughout the season like you said he can take any ball down and usually runs straight at defenders and creates something. Can't say the same for the little Dunfield that could along with his band of plugs (See Harmse, Knight et al). I do believe these are first year lessons and that WFC is moving in the right direction. Rochat, Chiumiento, Hassli and Demerit are all SOLID when healthy and not peeling off jerseys lol.

All in all I am enjoying the season and hope to see the 'Caps continue to progress and move forward.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has Salinas seen a minute of action? :confused:

Not sure how you can call an injured guy average!

He was the Whitecaps best player in pre-season, and injured himself. Been recovering since. Tough when your projected starter injures himself right before the season starts, and the lack of depth on a expansion franchise has to be tested immediately.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has Salinas seen a minute of action? :confused:

Not sure how you can call an injured guy average!

A) I've seen him play before
B) I watched him play in preseason.

He's better than Leathers but not even close to as good as rochat. Think Wes Knight with a better final pass/ball/decision

remember he was let go in the expansion draft, so he's no world beater, but he was one of the better Caps in pre season, and is better than Jonny Leathers for sure.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0