Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs TFC - Nutrilite Final

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First leg goes tomorrow night (Wednesday) @ Empire Field - 7PM KO.

Unfortunately Game 2 of the Canucks/Sharks Western Conference Final is also tomorrow night with the opening faceoff slated for 6PM @ Rogers Arena.

Will the Caps draw more than 10,000 for this game?

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
random, and possibly stupid question: The tickets to tomorrow nights game, in the season ticket package, are the second set of Nutrilite tickets, with the Impact named as the opponent and the TBA date?

I've just assumed so, and if it were myself going to the game, i really wouldn't be worried about it, but i've given my pair away, and just don't want a hassle at the gate.

if the nucks were still playing the preds, i think you could expect a 12,000+ crowd... but versus the sharks, i think i would definitely take the under on +/- 10,000

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tickets do not say Impact on them as far as I know. Says opponent A or something like that

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got "replacement" season tickets because I moved my seats and yes they printed "vs. Montreal Impact" on them with the Date/Time listed as TBA.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got "replacement" season tickets because I moved my seats and yes they printed "vs. Montreal Impact" on them with the Date/Time listed as TBA.

cheers Dezza... they originially had us in the no-alcohol seats, so we got those moved, and also have "replacement" tickets

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve Nash....thumbs DOWN!

Whitecap fans and players must be really happy that co-owner, Steve Nash was at the hockey game drinking beer and jumping up and down like a 20 year-old while the Caps were playing the most important game of the year right across town.

What message does that send to everyone involved - players, management, hardcore fans, casual fans, and sponsors?

Basically, Nash is saying he acknowledges that soccer is 2nd tier and really not that important. Just something to do if there is nothing else to do.

Pretty insulting to everyone who cares remotely about soccer in BC.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon WAB,it's a no-brainer.Co-owner or not.............Go Canucks Go!!!! Whitecraps can wait for their turn.....lol

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve Nash....thumbs DOWN!

Whitecap fans and players must be really happy that co-owner, Steve Nash was at the hockey game drinking beer and jumping up and down like a 20 year-old while the Caps were playing the most important game of the year right across town.

What message does that send to everyone involved - players, management, hardcore fans, casual fans, and sponsors?

Basically, Nash is saying he acknowledges that soccer is 2nd tier and really not that important. Just something to do if there is nothing else to do.

Pretty insulting to everyone who cares remotely about soccer in BC.

No offense, WAB, but it is 2nd tier and ALWAYS will be as long as hockey is in town.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB funny you bring this up as I was thinking earlier in the day what people would think if Lenarduzzi was at the canucks game.

IMO, I don't think it is that bad about Nash as he still helps pay the bills. How often was John McCaw ever seen at a Canucks game? Nash has been for the most part very supportive of the whitecaps even going out of his way to be here for the home opener while his basketball season was still on!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 Final.

Caps have their work cut out for them in the return leg next week.

As for Nash, the thought that it was odd crossed my mind when they showed him in the crowd... why was he having a pint in a coffee cup? :)

Deutschland

Jan 15, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skipped back and forth between the hockey game and the Caps. From what I saw the Caps were all over TFC and deserved a way better outcome. Should have been at least 5 or 6 buzz. And what's up with the non penalty call, that was brutal. Attendance was announced as over 15,000, not too bad considering.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps were the best team on the pitch last night and were unlucky with the tie. Salinas was a ripping down the wing but really needs to start knocking balls in and stop trying to beat guys everytime. Not sure what happened in the center of the park but Terry should be Donefield was none exisitant again. Hassli with a cracker finally brought the caps to life. Then TO scores a shitter and we can't find the back of the net after a plethera of chances. TT needs to stop by Rona and pick these boys up some finish if they wanna win the nutrilite.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had to laugh at Dunfield giving Salgado an earful when he subbed on and missed the net on a shot. Dunfield has been subpar for the last few games. Watched him give the ball away repeatedly 2 games ago. Coulnd't hit one of his own players with a pass to save his life.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any predictions for tonight?

I think that Demerit will have a huge night, being pissed off he was left off of the US Gold Cup squad.

Caps 2-0 on goals by Big Eric and Demerit.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like that very much Regs.

I'll predict that Teitur will go out with the same old bored tactics and play some guys that have no business being on the park as they need "to rest" ahead of the very important upcoming clash with NYRB, and with 10 minutes + stoppage remaining he will tweak it and the Caps will score to take the game and the V's Cup 1-0.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First year team needs all the support from its fans along with management and its owners. I thinks it was brutal that Nash chose the Canucks game insted of the whitecaps. This is an example of why soccer will never be that big of a deal here if even the owner won't show up for there biggest game thus far!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it funny Nash has taken abuse over his attending a Nucks game over the Caps game.
1. The Nucks game is a playoff game, deep in the Playoffs, The Caps will be playing NCC games every year.
2. His brother in law is a Canuck (Manny Malhotra) and IIRC Marty Nash has been tweeting pictures from games also, obviously when he isn't puking into a mic on RSN Caps broadcasts ever so well.

If you were given prime seats to a Caps game and a Nucks Conf finals game which would you go to?

and he's not THE owner, he's one of the owners... Were Luczo, Mallet & Kerfoot all at the Nucks game too? or were they at Tempire?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0