Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs TFC - Nutrilite Final

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team 1410 and Tweets say match may be replayed at 7am PST if it's called off. Stay tuned.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stupid considering the Caps were 30 minutes away from winning the cup, and now are essentially behind again since their goal is erased. Typical CSA bull, and of course it happens to favour a team from TO.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Latest tweet says lights at BMO must be turned of by 11:30pm... just like William Griffin ;).

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey IS -

first off - love your avatar - but it should say four to go!
But not sure what else the CSA can do about this? Not sure I see a TO conspiracy either.

what I'm really wondering is whether Canadian soccer is totally cursed? A national final with two tier one clubs and it turns into a joke... honestly I don't know anymore - or probably never did.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like the replay call. Start the game with same players on the pitch from the time it was called. Seems quite simple really and the ONLY fair way to do this.

On a side note, what in the world was Nolly doing on that cross he was forced to save off the line on the other side. Brutal. He was scary tonight.

Dobson is on saying it's off. Being a huge Toronto Homer, he's probably pretty happy about that.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like the replay call. Start the game with same players on the pitch from the time it was called. Seems quite simple really and the ONLY fair way to do this.

On a side note, what in the world was Nolly doing on that cross he was forced to save off the line on the other side. Brutal. He was scary tonight.

Dobson is on saying it's off. Being a huge Toronto Homer, he's probably pretty happy about that.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
This rule is total BS... ONLY IN CANADA the game is abandoned. If Toronto or Vancouver have to play in Honduras or Guatemala in the same conditions, they would play the game no matter what (they will wait for a period of time of course), and if the rain does not stop they will continue the game. Ohhh yeah if the home team (Honduras or Guatemala) is winning, they will NEVER ACCEPT to erase a goal.

No wonder Concacaf wants NOTHING with the CSA.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey IS -

first off - love your avatar - but it should say four to go!
But not sure what else the CSA can do about this? Not sure I see a TO conspiracy either.

what I'm really wondering is whether Canadian soccer is totally cursed? A national final with two tier one clubs and it turns into a joke... honestly I don't know anymore - or probably never did.

It would say 4 but I've had a nice bout of food poisoning so I haven't been to keen to change it. Definitely no TO conspiracy, it was in the rules of how the game would be replayed and the field is most definitely unplayable. I was just pissed that it favours TO as opposed to Vancouver.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it Nash won't be at the game and may not even watch it as he has to wash his car and cut his lawn at that time.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just read that the match will not be on the telly. Apparently there is a Poker After Dark In The Morning episode that must air on all 18 SN channels.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game has been rescheduled for June 2nd @ BMO - I think this is 3 days after the Caps play TFC in a league game... and 1 day after Canada plays there as a warm-up for the Gold Cup.

So no Dunfield or Deguzman in the replay.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game has been rescheduled for June 2nd @ BMO - I think this is 3 days after the Caps play TFC in a league game... and 1 day after Canada plays there as a warm-up for the Gold Cup.

So no Dunfield or Deguzman in the replay.
Nix that - game is July 2nd, not June 2nd...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Diabolical.

Rules are rules and I get that, and I do know there was a lot of grandstanding by both managers.

WFC have been VERY unlcuky in this tournament, with this, and Limpact essentially giving the Title to Twat FC a year ago...

what a farce.

funny tweets going around though:
#NCCconspiracies is the hashtag you'll want to search... here's a few gems:
D6MERIT: Confused as tears, rain brings emotional ref to cancel the match due to the "Fair Play Act"
WesleyTKnight: Toronto pleads for July 2nd reschedule date in hopes of increasing franchise low fan support...#emptystands
evilbert86: winters plan for July 2. Pull team in 85th minute for fear of spontaneous combustion
D6MERIT: Nervousness ensues from TFC as @D6MERIT offers to soak up the field with his beard
RudiSchuller: Aron Winter hid the BMO Field shopvac and didn't "attack the rain" (that is still falling in Toronto)
the11ca: On July 2nd, there is no TV conflict with any curling or U-12 hockey championships!
cjmuzyka: @D6MERIT had Maicon Santos in his pocket all game, clearly unfair
krisverri: Plata had a show at the ventriloquists club downtown that he couldn't be late for
TFCPics: Whitecaps at Pearson right now: CSA and TFC demanding a rain delay
mikepower83: CSA and TFC Officials concerned that Plata may drown at midfield, while standing
RudiSchuller: CSA Appalled at lack of Canadians on Vancouver's Canadian Championship roster, reschedules to Canada Day wknd for balance

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some are suggesting TFC score an own goal at the start of the replay. Classy if they did that, but we are talking about TFC here.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0