Of the major fast food outlets, who's got the best fries?
- Dave's got a good shot at being the best. Great taste, good mix of textures (crunchy and soft), and possibly the thickest cuts available. Unfortunately, it's high factor for heat loss results in fast cooling and could count against it.
- Again, good texture -- it's almost as if they dip their fries in batter before cooking them. They've got excellent flavour, but may be a bit greasy for some. Definitely an underrated fry -- likely due to the fact that they're over-shadowed by the chicken.
- The dark horse. Access to Harvey remains limited to Home Depot shoppers, or so it seems. I've got no idea how they'll fair in this poll.
- I wouldn't be surprised to discover that BK and KFC buy their fries from the same distributor. I don't know if this is, in fact, the case, but it's likely that their flavour is distinguished merely by the main course accompanying them (beef vs. chicken).
- The Granddaddy of them all. If you're lucky and get a fresh batch, it's like winning on a scratch & win. They don't have the "girth" of a Wendy's fry, but they're given just the right amount of TLC and salt. Aside from the knock against their size, they did suffer from that bit on Supersize This, where they were found to be mold-less even after 10 weeks. Scary (but tasty) stuff.
- These could be good, but I couldn't tell you. After you buy a burger from this place, you won't have any money left to afford the fries to go with it.
- They have fries? From my wife's behaviour, I figured they've only got Blizzards.