Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's not going to make the Playoffs in the West???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The questions are being raised as the playoff stretch is upon us... so out of the teams on the fringe, which two will be on the outside looking in when it comes playoff time???

Teams and tough games left:

Chicago - 85pts.(10); St.L, Wash, Det, Dal.
LA - 85 pts.(9); Van (2), Edm(2), SJ, Det, Dal.
St.Louis - 82 pts.(10); Det(2), Dal, Pho, Chi, Col, SJ, Buf.
Phoenix - 82 pts.(10); St.L, Van, Edm, Col, SJ.
Edmonton - 82 pts.(8); LA (2), Pho, Dal.
Dallas - 80 pts.(10); Col(2), Van, Edm, Chi, St.L.
Vacouver - 79pts.(8); LA(2), Pho, Col.

Hmmmm... anything is possible.;)

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

I have no idea why but this post was waiting to be validated and I just noticed it.

Dallas will not make the playoffs.

Neither will the Rangers :rolleyes:

~TB.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness

I thought the Canucks held their own fate????

I dont think they have lost since that post, yet they are still not in a spot.

If the Canucks made it, they would be dangerous.
I dont think any of the top four team wants to play the Nucks right now...they could easily upset a Detroit or Colorado.
it is rather unfortunate that the Nucks waited until the second half of the season to start playing.

:(

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair assesment

BUT stranger things have happened (that's my call and I'm sticking to it)...
Standings update:
TM. GR. PTS.
5) Pho 6 89
6) LA 6 87
7) Edm 5 87
8) St.L 7 86
9) Van 5 84
10) Dal 7 83

Big game tonight St.L @ Dal... I don't even know who we should cheer for!?!?:eek:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would think Dallas is the team to 'cheer' for tonite. The Nucks still play them I think... Maybe a tie?

~TB.

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheer for Dallas

The Stars aren't playing well enough to make it. If they can knock off St. Louis tonight, the Canucks will have their only realistic chance to make it. So here goes:

If Dallas wins tonight:

3. San Jose
4. Chicago
5. Phoenix
6. Edmonton
7. Los Angeles
8. Vancouver
9. Dallas
10. St. Louis

If St. Louis wins tonight:

3. San Jose
4. Chicago
5. Phoenix
6. St. Louis
7. Edmonton
8. Los Angeles
9. Vancouver
10. Dallas

Two things to remember. St. Louis has a murderous schedule down the stretch. They end the season with a back to back against Detroit. Felix Potvin has reverted to the form he demonstrated when he was in Vancouver. If things continue, Maybe LA and St. Louis will be out.:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pppppperfect???

St.Louis 2 Dallas 1 (OT) I guess all teams will be winning OT games from here on!!!:rolleyes: Canucks have no chance if this keeps up!!!:mad:

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hence

Hence Zaurrini's point about the Canucks not controlling their own destiny...:eek:

Go Oil!:D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank You Kurgan

Bless you Kurgan for seeing my point.
Now only if Guinness would come to the realization....:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zzzzzzzz... (putting me to sleep)

Wake up and realize I don't care for your point!!! (although I know it is probably true:mad: )

Guinnessknowsthechancesareslim!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh-Oh

St. Blues' Chris Pronger
suspended for two games
Apr 4, 2002

NEW YORK - St. Louis Blues defenseman Chris
Pronger has been suspended for two games, without
pay, as a result of a crosschecking incident against
Dallas Stars forward Brenden Morrow in NHL Game
#1145, Apr. 3, the National Hockey League announced
today.

The incident occurred at 19:14 of the second period and
Pronger was assessed a minor penalty.

Pronger, who was suspended for one game in 2000-01,
now is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining
Agreement. Accordingly, Pronger forfeits $231,707.32 in salary based on the number of
games (82) in a season, rather than the number of days (194). The money goes to the
Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

Pronger will miss St. Louis games vs. Chicago on Apr. 5 and vs. Colorado on Apr. 7.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad news for the Blues is good news for everyone else I guess! But I think they (the Blues) might be out of reach now........

The next 72 hours will decide whether the Nucks still have anything worth playing for.........Kings are home to (the half ass) Wings and Oilers on Saturday, a loss to either one and we won't look too bad if we win our games.

Anyone know who the Oilers play tonight?

John

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John

I dont think the Oil play tonight...

I honestly think the Blues will make it despite being without Pronger for two games.

They have 88 points with 6 games left...
5 of which are at HOME!

They play Chicago at Home. The hawks are a different team on the road, and I see the Blues being able to win this one.
Nashville, they will beat.

This leaves some tough games against good teams.
Detroit twice (they will win one of them)
Colorado...and Sanjose.

Dont count the Blues OUT!
A very dangerous team with lots of experience...

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teams I think will make it

1 Detroit
2 Colorado 100 points
3 San Jose 98
4 Phoenix 97
5 Chicago 97
6 St Louis 96
7 Los Angeles 93
8 Edmonton 93

dallas and Van 92 points

Re: The Province Dude
he has the St Louis Blues losing 3 out of five at home...crazy.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Kings will not make it! The CAT is back to his old ways.......the coach has had at least one meeting with him to see how how he feels (sounds familiar)!

The Blues are in trouble.........taking Pronger out is like any other team losing there top 2 DMEN, due to the fact he plays more than 30 minutes a game..........And with them playing the Wings in the final two games of the year the Wings will have all there players in the lineup and be looking to head into the playoffs on a good note.

Remember, the Oilers will start to slip!

John

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ben Kuzma

Zaurrini

Thats the guy from the province who thinks St Louis will only win 2 out of thier last 6.Pronger is suspended for 2 games,and with Weight still out his prediction may actually come to light!

Maybe some wishful thinking on my part but one team has to take a dump

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LA Kings

Originally posted by john
The Kings will not make it! The CAT is back to his old ways.......the coach has had at least one meeting with him to see how how he feels (sounds familiar)!

The Blues are in trouble.........taking Pronger out is like any other team losing there top 2 DMEN, due to the fact he plays more than 30 minutes a game..........And with them playing the Wings in the final two games of the year the Wings will have all there players in the lineup and be looking to head into the playoffs on a good note.

Remember, the Oilers will start to slip!

John

Sorry John...
The gets the shut-out...so whatever the coach said, worked.
The Kings just shut-out the league leaders in goals for....and climbed two points further away from the nucks.
:mad:
If the Wings are resting players now...imagine the last two games of the year against St Louis!
Yzerman will be out with a Pinkie sprain...
Fedorov with hang-nail...get my drift?
The Wings earned the right to rest their players, and I feel the Blues will benefit from this and get into the playoffs, along with the Kings.
:rolleyes:
Go Canucks/Habs GO!:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Felix Potvin played amazing last night against Detroit and his team responded with a much needed win. Re. Detroit resting its big name players, alot of GM'S in the West including Brian Burle have called the NHL and the wings to make sure that they are resting "injured" players and not just resting them up for the play offs.

I agree Zaurrini, they have earned the right to rest their stars.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a Canucks supporter I am disappointed in Burke (if he has done that). Every team has the right to do whatever they like in a game.......If Detroit want to rest there best players and not win another game before the playoffs start that is there right......but the longer they struggle to win the quicker Scotty will get everyone back in the lineup to get some momentum going heading into the first round.

Didn't see the game last night or even highlights........so can't really comment. But that was a huge win for L.A. The playoff teams could and most likely will be determined after all the games Sunday........If teams like LA, Oilers, Phoenix and the Blues don't drop points or the Canucks don't get all 4, we will be done:(

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0