Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's not going to make the Playoffs in the West???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He sure did

John, It was in the province today and i heard them talking about it on Sporstnet. Burke is just doing his job, making sure that the injured players are reported to the NHL. And we all know that next week the Wings will have all their guys back ready to take a run at the cup.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burke wasn't the only one

It also said that Kevin Lowe also phoned the Wings as I'm sure reps from all the playoff hunt teams did!They said something about a rule(with the players association) stating that any team must dress their healthy players on their roster,a list of injuries must also be submitted to the league to verify the validity of them!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3/4 games left

Too bad Captain isn't a Canuck fan (knowing he is a betting man) the odds he could have recieved 2 months ago that the Boys from the Garage would be in the post season would've been massive... however he is a fcuking Philly supporter and has been (along with muppet girl Apprentice) the biggest Canuck Slagger!!! You both had your chance to join the bandwagon, but now it's too late and our beloved Canucks are in prime position to gain the 8th and final playoff birth in the Western Conference...:D
There is still lots of work to do, but after last nights loss to LA, the Dallas Stars have sealed their fate and now it's down to (realistically) 3 teams battling for 2 spots... Phoenix, Edmonton and Vancouver... The Coyotes with the best chance and the Oilers with the least... Here are they're schedules down the stretch...
Vancouver = Avs, Flames & LA.
Phoenix = Oilers, Flames, Wild & Preds.
Edmonton = Coyotes, Flames & Wild.

The winner of the Yotes/Oil game should determine between the two... like I stated last Saturday the Wild will pull off some upsets down the stretch (ie) last night vs San Jose!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Guinness

Asmuch as I WANT the nucks to make it....
I dont see them winning their remaining three games.

The Oil will win there last three.

The Yotes will go 3 for 4 (losing to the Oil)

And the nucks will go 2 for three.

Still not a believer, but just a hoper....????

:confused:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horseman MacZaur

WTF???:confused:
I'm not understanding your negative attitude and where the logic is coming from... yes the Canucks have an unpleasant history of folding the tent, but this years version of "he artists formally known as the boys on Renfrew" are hungry!!! As for Phoenix losing 1 to the Oil and the Oilers finishing off with 3 wins??? (that's plain crazy thinking)!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For all the Canuck teams I've loved before.....

Guinness,
I am a broken soul.
My heart broken too many times....
:(

Vancouver has failed to win in Colorado in the last five tries....
The only beat Colorado twice in 10 tries...both at Home.

Colorado needs to win to stay ahead of San Jose.

Not an easy game

Aebicher played the last game, so look for a rested Roy to play tonight....not good.
We all know how Roy gets motivated, and him knowing the Hottest line in the NHL is coming to town, look for Roy to be ready...

I like Edmonton's schedule down the stretch.
Three games, with the two 'hard' games against Calgary and Phoenix at Home....with Minnesota on the road.
I do not like the OILERS.
I do think they have the best chance at winning their next three. Giving them 94 points.

Phoenix
With Minny and Nashville at home, give them the 4 points....93 points with two games left against Edmonton(they lose this game) and they will beat Calgary getting them into the playoffs.
95 points.

Chicago has four games left, but more importantly they play columbus at HOME...the hawks are deadly at home. Give them two points and 95 total.

LA has three games left and with a win against Anaheim at home, they get 95 points.

St Louis.
They need 5 points in their remaining 4 games.
They DO have three at home, so I like their chances.

dallas is done.
Not mathematically yet, but either the Nucks or Oil will be ahead of them for sure.

where was I going with this???:confused:

Avs win tonight, Nucks win their next two.
92 points total.
No playoffs.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"This is a complex set of variables, Doctor."
- Datawho'dliketoseephoenixbowoutandletbothVancouverandEdmontonin

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
St. Louis may play 3 at home (one is a gimme vs. Nashville), but they still have the toughest schedule.

I figure come Sunday, they still may be on the outside looking in.:eek:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For once Fil makes a bit of sense...........but the one variable that I might disagree with is the Phoenix one. I think they might be in tough to get 2 points out of Alberta, and thus still in striking range for both VCR and EDM.

Tonights game, for all its billing, is VCR's playoffs........win and we can move on, lose and it might be over........that said I can see a tie tonight happening. That might be enough as long as we get the other 4 points available.

I think Edmonton will struggle against Minnesota in there last game........that is a tough team to play against, factor in that it is at home and there last game of the year and you might have some sad Oilers fans come the first round of the playoffs. Same goes for our game vs the Flames, but I am glad that Iginla has his 50, that will take some of the incentive out of the game for them........but look for Vernon play in the nets in his LAST NHL game of his elustrious career!

Cheers,

johnwhoispredictingatietonight

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well after wining tonights game (vs. Col) I personally think the Canucks are going to make it (knock on wood). Chances are though they're going to face Detroit in the 1st round of the playoffs. Is there any reason to worry about that? Naturally yes, but if you go through each of the line ups, the Canucks can def. hold their own, look for them to pull a massive upset in six.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fil

Any arithmatic stratagies showing how the Canucks will not make the playoffs???:rolleyes:

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Change their name....

Vancouver Cloutiers

He was amazing last night....specifically in the first.

Both goalies were good, but Cloutier was better.

I am morphing into a believer...
Although,
they best not shite the bed against LA.

LA is not a bad team...and will prove to be a tough opponent.
The nucks have done the hard part (beating colorado) and now are deserving of the title....

YES! The Canucks hold their own destiny.

Still not 100% on board...I will believe when I see an * next to their name in the Province....like the Habs have!!!

How 'bout them HABS

Go Canucks/Habs Go!:D :D :D

handcannon

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magic Numbers

It's hard to calculate this magic number stuff with the OT wins/ties thing. Does anyone understand how to follow the W,L,T,OT table anymore. It used to be so easy.

Anyways, here's my thoughts:

Canucks magic number to get rid of Dallas is 2 points. Two Canucks ties, one win, a Dallas loss, or any combination therein and it’s goodnight Dallas.

Edmonton is a bit trickier. Magic number is 4 points. An Edmonton loss, coupled with a Canucks win, and it’s lights out.

If the Canucks win their last 2 games, they have 42 wins. The most wins phoenix can get is 41, but if they do that, they have 97 points. Saint Louis only needs 3 points to keep the Canucks out of 6th or 7th depending on what Phoenix does.

Here’s a Scenario:

Phoenix beats Edmonton tonight, giving them 93 points, Edmonton 88, and the Canucks just have to win 1 of 2. If Edmonton wins, Canucks improve their chances of moving up above Phoenix, but will have to keep an eye on Edmonton.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No such luck.:(

Only 24 hours ago, it seemed we could breath just a little bit easier, then Edmonton goes out and gets the 2 points to make the race tighter than a nun's cnut.

I still think the 'Nucks have to win the last two games of the season to get in. The bright spot here: whoever gets the last playoff spot should be considered a legit contender in the West! This year's playoffs is shaping up to be the best since, well, 1994...

GO CANUCKS GO!

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still say St. Louis are the worst off.

Tonight vs. a very good San Jose team. Back to back against a Detroit team that's trying to turn it back up for the playoffs. No-one will be "rested" in these games. I would think Detroit would like to polish off the Blues in the event that they may face them in the first round anyway. On paper, St. Louis is probably the toughest team in this race.

I believe the Blues may not get more than 1 point from their last three games, opening up the door for Edmonton, Phoenix, and Vancouver to all make it.

Tkachuk and Modano can start reserving tee times come Sunday.:D

handcannon

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
feeling blue?

I'd be inclined to agree. All the nucks can do is win tonight, and the plot will thicken. This is one unbelievable race.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy shite...

This is unbeleivable!!! Even Missus Guinness (I shall call her Mini Pint) is getting nervous the last game she almost threw beer tins at the TV!!! and we're winning right now!!!:eek: A must win tonight four the lads... Bye bye Dallas and tomorow night will be just as exciting with Phoenix and Edmonton both in action!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob hasn't been this nervous about a Canuck game in a very long time. :(

This game is HUGE!

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The race is getting simpler

Its Dallas, Edmonton or the nucks for the last spot and thats about it. Nucks have it toughest with tonights tilt with LA. For some reason I still don't fanct their chances.

I'll stick with my pessimistic ways cos it seems to be working for 'em and I have a bet with Brian Murray from the Ducks that they won't make it...

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think there has been this much anticipation about a hockey game since 94! I mean the superstitions are back for me about where we sit at home to watch etc...........fcuk it is great to be supporting a winner!

As for who doesn't make it, I give up...............the first team to lose out of VCR, EDM, ST. Loius, and Pheonix, should be out, but who knows if any of them will........

isit7:30yet?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0