Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Why Poco is a short term embarrassment to the FVSL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve played in the FVSL for 5 years now. I wasn’t good enough for the mighty VMSL and somehow worked my way into the Peace Arch team. I wear number 15 and I have a bad touch and offer little going forward. Sometimes I do ok, sometimes I **** up. I train twice a week, mostly. I hang out and have a pint or two. Sometimes I have three.

I love soccer. I don’t even call it soccer. To me it’s football. Regardless, it’s November. It’s 8.30pm and 3 degrees outside and raining sideways. There’s 3:25 to go in the second period. Henrik has a pair of assists. My wife is looking hot on the couch. I’m a lock if I sack it off and stay home. However, I drag myself off the couch and drive to soccer. I’m not the top scorer in the FVSL and I’m miserable, it’s a fcuking Tuesday. And then I walk into the changeroom. And there it is. Twenty five other guys missing their couches, wives, X-Boxes, cocks or blow up sheep. Twenty five tired, miserable cold dudes bound by nothing other than their love of some misshaped piece of sponsored plastic peddled by their adoring coach. Nobody is getting paid. Not even the fluffer. Our top scorer doesn’t have the initials KT and doesn’t get paid seven thousand dollars a year. Our top scorer doesn’t owe anyone anything. Ethically we’re in the clear. Sort of.

For me this is amateur soccer. It’s hours of commitment for nothing in return other than the joy of winning and losing as a team. I’m not paid. If my team mate was paid it would ruin it for me. He’s paid to be cold. Paid to be away from his X-Box on a Tuesday. Paid to be uncomfortably fat. Paid to take a shot on the inside of the thigh from thee yards and listen to the laughs from his team mates. Paid to listen to the top scorer talk him through his last goal over and over. Paid to not show up. Paid to laugh at my jokes. What’s the point?

There’s guys on my team who I’d tackle a guy with my teeth for. I’d do that because they’d do that for me, I think. There’s no question about motive. They were there on that cold Tuesday for no other reason than they chose to be there. And they wanted to see me take a ball in the nuts.

And then there is Poco.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve played in the FVSL for 5 years now. I wasn’t good enough for the mighty VMSL and somehow worked my way into the Peace Arch team. I wear number 15 and I have a bad touch and offer little going forward. Sometimes I do ok, sometimes I **** up. I train twice a week, mostly. I hang out and have a pint or two. Sometimes I have three.

I love soccer. I don’t even call it soccer. To me it’s football. Regardless, it’s November. It’s 8.30pm and 3 degrees outside and raining sideways. There’s 3:25 to go in the second period. Henrik has a pair of assists. My wife is looking hot on the couch. I’m a lock if I sack it off and stay home. However, I drag myself off the couch and drive to soccer. I’m not the top scorer in the FVSL and I’m miserable, it’s a fcuking Tuesday. And then I walk into the changeroom. And there it is. Twenty five other guys missing their couches, wives, X-Boxes, cocks or blow up sheep. Twenty five tired, miserable cold dudes bound by nothing other than their love of some misshaped piece of sponsored plastic peddled by their adoring coach. Nobody is getting paid. Not even the fluffer. Our top scorer doesn’t have the initials KT and doesn’t get paid seven thousand dollars a year. Our top scorer doesn’t owe anyone anything. Ethically we’re in the clear. Sort of.

For me this is amateur soccer. It’s hours of commitment for nothing in return other than the joy of winning and losing as a team. I’m not paid. If my team mate was paid it would ruin it for me. He’s paid to be cold. Paid to be away from his X-Box on a Tuesday. Paid to be uncomfortably fat. Paid to take a shot on the inside of the thigh from thee yards and listen to the laughs from his team mates. Paid to listen to the top scorer talk him through his last goal over and over. Paid to not show up. Paid to laugh at my jokes. What’s the point?

There’s guys on my team who I’d tackle a guy with my teeth for. I’d do that because they’d do that for me, I think. There’s no question about motive. They were there on that cold Tuesday for no other reason than they chose to be there. And they wanted to see me take a ball in the nuts.

And then there is Poco.

Well written

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
My wife is looking hot on the couch. However, I drag myself off the couch and drive Twenty five other guys Twenty five tired, miserable cold dudes bound by nothing other than their sponsored plastic peddled by their adoring coach. Nobody is getting paid. Not even the fluffer. Ethically we’re in the clear. Sort of.

I’m not paid. If my team mate was paid it would ruin it for me. He’s paid to be cold.I’d do that because they’d do that for me, I think. There’s no question about motive. They were there on that cold Tuesday for no other reason than they chose to be there.

And then there is Poco.

I'd rather play for POCO

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, the league wouldn't be better off w/ more teams like Poco, that strive to be the best?

Smells like sour grapes. It's about time some VMSL mentality made it's way into the FVSL.

Yes, agreed.....because the current VMSL mentality stops them winning Provincial Championships and Nationals.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, the league wouldn't be better off w/ more teams like Poco, that strive to be the best?

Smells like sour grapes. It's about time some VMSL mentality made it's way into the FVSL.

Actually North Delta has the same mentality but not the funding to buy cups(other then the Pak). Next Movember we will be giving mustache rides to opposing teams wives and girlfriends to raise money to purchase top local players. Please donate.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve played in the FVSL for 5 years now. I wasn’t good enough for the mighty VMSL and somehow worked my way into the Peace Arch team. I wear number 15 and I have a bad touch and offer little going forward. Sometimes I do ok, sometimes I **** up. I train twice a week, mostly. I hang out and have a pint or two. Sometimes I have three.P

And then there is Poco.

Touching. If we win yesterday do you still start this thread? You were working on that post since September and knvb finally gave you the green light. Your about a year and a half behind with your material....I don't care if you love soccer so much you call it football or if you have to practice 2 times a week in the cold. Good for you. It's one thing to have a go at our club it's another to talk about players like you know what's going on. Guys like you can't have a go at someone like King Tiarnan.....he's one of the most respected guys around and i can assure you he doesn't owe us anything. Go play your xbox.

TA

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does everyone hate them so much? I've played them 3 times this year and not once were they cocky, arrogant, or gloating about anything. They just did what they were supposed to do and beat us badly. One loss and they're an embarrassment, yet if they win Provincials i bet you hope they do well in Nationals so you can say BC has the best team.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tend to agree with TA on this one, Kick & Run has no idea what the Poco changeroom is like. No doubt PAU has one of the tightest groups in the league and its always a pleasure playing at SSA, and pints are always shared ect ect. However the only thing that is embarassing is how the rest of us in the league let them go 17-1-0 86GF 11GA.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's be honest here Poco is the team to beat in this League. Everyone here would love to beat them and gloat about it! It just so happens that they finally lost, which all very good team do! Unfortunatley for them it happened in the Pak Cup final. If teams in this league asides from the teams who qualified aren't rooting for Poco in the BC's you guys are nuts!! Don't get me wrong as there are lot's of reasons for players to dislike Poco but at the end of the day this was brought together by TA and through friends. I suspect more people or envious of what he has brought to the FVSL and if this team leaves to the VMSL at years end it will be the leagues loss!!!!:p

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does everyone hate them so much? I've played them 3 times this year and not once were they cocky, arrogant, or gloating about anything. They just did what they were supposed to do and beat us badly. One loss and they're an embarrassment, yet if they win Provincials i bet you hope they do well in Nationals so you can say BC has the best team.
Because they're good.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its lonely at the top innit? Just think, two years ago no one was even talking about Poco. Even Poco.

Or 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0