Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Cup run a stop

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, how long can we be in the "building" stage?

We've been in the building stage since 19 effing 80 when my 1st grade class w/ Mrs Hilton used to sing "White is the Color" for music class.

Freebase...you make the odd good point, but the rest...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We need to build slow. Forget distruction, that it takes you ten years to get back to same level. One thing only. Add a club in A league soley for National program and we will move on next time.
1. You need to learn how to walk before you run...We look like we have had our feet amputated and are trying to jog on stumps FFS. It can't possibly take ten years with what talent we currently have and what is coming up, it can't get any worse...Losing to Honduras FFS.
2. The A League is in Australia. I hardly see what having a pro team solely for our national team in Australia will do. If you are referring to the USL you are an idiot. Fact is that the players that play for Canada's national team play in the MLS or in Europe, all of them. The only reason Gbeke was called was because of injuries to regulars, and he was the only non Europe or MLS player in the last call IIRC. If you were to make your national team out of players strictly from TFC, The Whitecaps, and Montreal we would get humped and repeatedly. Give Me Strength.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk I'd be willing to bet that if we as a country focussed on a sport such as ping pong for 5 years only we'd be better against the rest of the world than we are in soccer. Leadership!!!! Money!!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
some one lock this thread. :rolleyes:
Would you like that?

I'm getting sick and tired of people popping off in here like that w/o getting involved in any discussion.

Why don't I just close the forums then you don't have to read anyone's opinion on anything.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree with Molinaro...The whole "We don't have the skill" debate is utter bollox.

It is lack of quality organisation, monetary support, and leadership. End Of.

We get these odd results here and there, a narrow loss to Brazil at a neutral site, a draw vs Mexico, and the rare good appearance at a Gold Cup, just enough to give the CSA a stay of execution.

We are just as good skill wise at Costa Rica, Honduras, et al. Probably a step behind the Yanks and if we were to play the Mexicans we would lose outright 70 times, draw 20 times and win 10 times, as they are the class of CONCACAF.

Since 3 CONCACAF teams draw into the World Cup it is clearly up to Canada to do what we can to overtake any of the following
Honduras, Costa Rica, Jamaica, and Trinidad & Tobago

We are ahead of all those nations is wealth and facilities, and Population. There is no good reason that all the funds that the govt gives the CSA can't be used to improve things...Like hire a fcuking Manager with a clue.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johny I do agree with you on the players they have now in Toronto FC and Montreal and Vancouver. Except Kindel. Kindel can run with any country in the world. What i pointed out was for Dale and Nick to salect the players. You know that Dale would take the players with pace stregth and defensive skill. Nick the same. A league players lots of them have very good skill but their mobility in the upper team woud heart us. This is why Dale only takes one or two. He knows that some of the guys do not have the pace.
As I pointed out before, there is a young guy that could easaly step up and play in the midle of the park. And that is Michael Devico from Burnaby BC. And few other young guys. The problem is for trhese kids to be exposed. There is two more boys in Burnaby of the same potential. These are kids that have blasting speed and do have the skill to hold on to the ball. There is a young guy in Killarney soccer club that woud be tromendus sweeper if some one was looking.Last name Laponte. These are young guys that in two three years could help grate deal. But you know what happens if these kids do not play at higher levels. Select players are not the best players we have in BC. There is otheres. Free hands to Dale and NIck and a club to develop these kids and others we would do mutch better.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN, we don't have the 'skill' of the Costa Ricans/Hondurans........they basically take the piss out of us every game in that department. Skill can't be the only component but to be honest, all these teams look 'better' than us....just doing the simple things, they look better. We lack general 'class' all over the pitch. The bottom line is we have NO league in this country at the moment, which will help breed good players for our National team. Look at Russia at the moment. Every player from their team(bar 1) plays in their domestic league. Something(probably money has a lot to do with it) is going right there but we have nothing here. I'm sorry, and I know it might hurt to say this, but the Whitecaps league is not a Pro league. Nor was the 86ers. The NASL was a pro league. When was the last time Canada made the World Cup? 1986, which just happened to be after the NASL folded in 1984.........

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with my Irish friend here. Canada is not capable of doing the little things properly enough of the time to compete with the Hondurans or the Costa Ricans, and to a large degree the Jamaicans as well.

JBN, while your patriotism is noble (if not for your blinders) the fact that Canada's population and financial well being:rolleyes: is miles ahead of these other countries, matters not when there is no soccer pedigree or lineage present in this country.

Canada = hockey
Rest of the world = soccer

As much as you want it to happen, Canada will never, I repeat NEVER shake the "supprting the motherland" phenomenon save for as Regs said WC appearances by Canada. So in short NEVER!!! :D

:bronco:

PS. Go Croatia!!!! :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is all too easy to just sit there and admit that, wave the white towel and forfeit ourselves to just allowing status quo.

It can be reformed. It needs to be reformed.

I also don't buy the notion that we absolutely need our own 100% Domestic Canadian league...As it sits now only 1 player (Charles Gbeke) was called from what our Dear Captain referred to as not "Pro"

There are two USL teams taking the piss out of Honduran, Costa Rican, and Mexican "Pro" Teams in the Concacaf Champions League. I don't buy for 1 minute that the USL is not "Professional" They may not be professional in how the league handles items such as locations of finals :rolleyes: etc that being said the calibre of Football is not to be easily disregarded as second rate. The Whitecaps largely outplayed TFC over two legs, winning once and drawing once...And TFC Competes in the MLS.

The "Little Things" are things managers have you do. It is what systems that a manager instills prevents against. Instead of winning a 50-50 ball in the air and spraying up the park blindly you take a touch, and go with a nice outlet pass. That is an example of something that systems encourage.

We get a bad run of results and everyone just gives up, resigns themselves to "Canada is shite, so I am XXXX heritage, so I will support them"

I say fcuk that. If enough people cared about it, and let the powers that be know, things could change.

This passive shite has to stop.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jonhy you are trying to make some sence. With my bad grammar or not I can see you are bandable with posative input.You had grate skill but the little Handurians are to dam fast for us. We need to add two more guys like them and then things will even up.
Alves from BC and Vulama from Ontario would fit just nicley. Maybe Nick will get his sences ad call these two boys. for U20 squad. Boys we have jams, we just need few guys to help thes boys out. MR Reed needs a secret crew to find these boys. And then send them too upper camps. He knows ho I am. The trick is to develop forget their rigged up winms. Johny if you are a big soccer man this shoud bring back few memories. I am sure you went to Victoria and you shook you head a bit. Small problems with posative hart can lead to bigger and better things. I have to run have to buy onother set of sun glasses ED is around.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I've finally figured it out: Mr Base is not really a functional illiterate. He's actually using a Secret Code...

have to buy onother set of sun glasses ED is around.
This must mean that something big and important is going to happen!:eek:

the little Handurians are to dam fast for us
"The Owl Flies At Midnight..."

forget their rigged up winms
"Take Last Hastings Bus To Main Street..."

Boys we have jams
"Follow A Man With A Red Hat..."

Can the rest of us have some of your drags so we can talk in the Secret Code too?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace you disapoint me. You sound the best when you have few beer. Three Canadian Clubs have put the aplication for MLS club. Montreal,Ottawa and Vancouver.
Maybe something will come up. I think Montreal and St Luis will be the two clubs in next.
We just have to see.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
few beer and Canadian Clubs?

Sorry, I don't mix my drinks, especially when I'm still at work...

Montreal has the best chance of the Canadian applicants of getting accepted into the MLS. Having a stadium really helps, even if your pitch is shite...:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0