Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Worst Xmas gift you had to open or assemble

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, everyone has a story of this thing you had to put together for your wife, kids, mom, dad, or dog.

This year, ours was a new Ikea bed for the daughter with a Hide-a-bed underneath, including 3 drawers.
3 boxes, 34 page manual, 36 steps, and 288 misc nuts, screws etc.

Up 'til 2am for this one.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got off pretty good this year, the only thing that took some time was some sort of HotWheels contraption - 2 hours to get set-up completely and 20 seconds for the youngest to trip over it and knock it apart :rolleyes:

Time to let all the relatives know to stick to Tonka trucks.

:D

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, everyone has a story of this thing you had to put together for your wife, kids, mom, dad, or dog.

This year, ours was a new Ikea bed for the daughter with a Hide-a-bed underneath, including 3 drawers.
3 boxes, 34 page manual, 36 steps, and 288 misc nuts, screws etc.

Up 'til 2am for this one.

I can relate to that one.I'll never go back to Ikea!! The mrs. loves seeing the

look on my face as she brings in a 10 hour project!! After assembling an

entertainment unit (4 million pieces) 4 hrs later,i turned to the bottle.Maybe i

should have drank before but i'm sure it would have fallen over. Nightmare!!!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My worst gift wan't bad for putting it together. it was a snow shovel??? like WTF? "Oh thanks Honey its what I always wanted" fcuking snow shovel. oh I hate the snow by the way.:mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My worst gift wan't bad for putting it together. it was a snow shovel??? like WTF? "Oh thanks Honey its what I always wanted" fcuking snow shovel. oh I hate the snow by the way.:mad:

You know Christmas is a time of giving aaaaand sharing.
Feel free to share the shovel with her

:)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having three little boys the worst gifts were when they were knee high and received lego or those bloody pirate ships with a million pieces. Took forever to put together(can relate Regs) and then completely demolished when their cousins came over to visit us. Now, I just have to help them put Rockband on. Cool!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My daughter is 18 months old and last night she learned how to yell the word "MINE". Her cousin is 4 years old and the two were having a tug of war with new toys yelling mine at each other.As for building stuff...that will be today as yesterday was all family.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 girls and a ton of beads. Which, no matter how careful you are end up getting spilled all over.
So i've devised a plastic bubble to put the kids in when they play with them. Much easier to clean up after thier done. Still haven't got the ventilation and oxygen figured out though. I'll do that later
:)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can put the context of this post aside for a moment, one would think that could very well be the best present ever, Yoda.

Absolutely!Should have bought some for the wife too!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can put the context of this post aside for a moment, one would think that could very well be the best present ever, Yoda.

You have to stop hanging out with me, I am obviously a bad influence OR I really never knew you..............actually...........never mind. :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I once got a set of jumper cables, a gas can, and a little green key fob with a playboy bunny logo on it.

Thanks Mom. :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got a Wii game from my son, and Wall-e from the female offspring.

Mini Dude is in the basement now playing the game, and Mini Dudette watching the movie.

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got a Louis Vuitton purse, I know that sounds awesome to most women but I can't justify anyone spending $2,500 on a purse, which is what it cost, some go for as much as $10,000.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got a Louis Vuitton purse, I know that sounds awesome to most women but I can't justify anyone spending $2,500 on a purse, which is what it cost, some go for as much as $10,000.

What was so difficult about assembling or opening it? That's what the thread is all about and I'm really interested in hearing how assembling an expensive purse was difficult. :)

The other question is why the hell would someone pay that much money for purse that is going to stolen at some point anyway? :confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lita,

Give the purse to KNVB, he picks like a girl in the NFL pool so I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I'll PM you his address.

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was so difficult about assembling or opening it? That's what the thread is all about and I'm really interested in hearing how assembling an expensive purse was difficult. :):

no assembly but opening that was difficult because I had to try and be gracious but refuse it. And I thought the tread took a turn with the jumper cables and dvd gifts... then again I'm a little clueless :confused:

The other question is why the hell would someone pay that much money for purse that is going to stolen at some point anyway? :confused:

Exactly!!!!

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lita,

Give the purse to KNVB, he picks like a girl in the NFL pool so I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I'll PM you his address.

Yeah, but he's still beating me!!! :mad: Whoops took another turn sorry Captain :p

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0