Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Xmas gifts

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay so lets hear about the best Xmas gift someone got this year.
Also who's brave enough to say the worst for fear of it getting back to that great Aunt...etc... seen as TTP is so popular and all.:rolleyes:

Mine easy... My wife and I adopted a 5 month old baby girl named Isabella and got to bring her home on December 13th. And forgot to mention baby Isabella goes under the "Best" gift:D.

Worst has to be the amount of HUGE baby toys we received. The thought was there but the room in the house isn't.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Girth, that is one awesome gift!

Top gift here was purchased online Christmas Eve - a Toshiba HD-DVD player... Futureshop had them for $99 but their site crapped out for 21 hours and by the time it was all sorted they were sold out :(

So over to Bestbuy.ca and picked it up for $199

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to you Girth. That's fabulous.
Best Wishes to you and your family for the new and many years to come.

I got spoiled this year. The wife and i don't normally buy much other than stocking stuffers for each other. Then I usually by 1 other gift for her.
This year she out did me.
It'll look great in the bar we're trying to finish.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also got a cool Wireless DJ system that lets me play my PC music through my home theatre system. Didn't know how i was going to do it without running alot of wiring a long distance.
This solved the problem.

Regs,
Isn't futureshop and bestbuy the same company? Why the big price difference?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it smells like beer and it's wet, you'd drink it. You know it and we all know it.

Nice picture D.

Congrats again Girth. That is really great news!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

Is that a picture of TR? Nice one :D

They are the same company I think, no idea why the big price difference but I probably won't care once the thing gets delivered.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to you Girth. That's fabulous.
Best Wishes to you and your family for the new and many years to come.

I got spoiled this year. The wife and i don't normally buy much other than stocking stuffers for each other. Then I usually by 1 other gift for her.
This year she out did me.
It'll look great in the bar we're trying to finish.

To each his own.......personally I wouldn't have a painting of Vanilla Ice by a car but fair play to you.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got me an xbox 360, and a 21" LCD for my puter, got the gf a diamond ring...:eek:

oh what I have done...

:D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Girth...that's wicked!!

I got diamond earrings from the hubby...I must have been a very good girl...plus, the fact that I gave birth to our son in July after 23 hours of labour must have helped my case a bit ;)

Happy Holidays everyone and all the best in 2008!

striker14

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm loving my new Minny Wild Jersey and new Espresso Machine.

Toys Toys Toys, my 5 month old girl got more toys and clothes for Xmas that I can no longer see my carpet for all the toys,

back to my cappucino

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm loving my new Minny Wild Jersey

Does it say Voros? I hope so if you're going to wear a Wild Jersey ;)

Got an official Champions League match ball, very nice, I give it a month before the crackheads in Whalley pinch it when it goes over the fence :D A bunch of snowboard gear to finally get my season started as well, a good haul this year I'd say. Ditto on not having any room anywhere for all the crap we have now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth- congrats! Great to hear.

Yoda- that would look great in my recently finished bar. :D Currently has an Eddie Jovonoski autographed framed photo, and awaiting more.

More like Christmas highlights this year...

We had a couple of parties at the new bar here over Christmas, and as part we did a little toy drive at each one. People were very generous (especially my teammates from the LUFC Athletics- thanks boys). What made me most proud is that the kids would look in the box, and see some pretty cool presents, comment on them, but did not even consider trying to take them out and play with them. I expect this much from my son- now 8, and having done this before. But, being 5, my daughter is just starting to understand the concept of charity. Mini Dude proudly took ½ the toys down to the Langley Christmas Toy Drive, while Mini Dudette brought here down to Langley Memorial Hospital pediatric ward for sick kids. Often these kids are quite ill, and their parents have quit either one or both jobs to focus on their child’s recovery. So, every year the hospital calls for unwrapped donations, and they have a Santa give out the gifts.

Anyhow, Mini Dudette brought the gifts down (w/ parent’s help), and she gave the box to the nurse. The nurse put the toys aside and thanked her. We saw Mini Dudettte start to cry, and we thought, “Oh boy, here we go…”. But, when we asked why she was upset, she told us that she wanted to give the gifts to the sick kids herself!

So, yeah…pretty cool.

Other highlights:

~Mini Dude following me down a black diamond run at Cypress yesterday, and getting air off a kicker that his Dad has lost the bottle for. Pretty damn cool.

~Wooden hockey stick with “Dad #8” written on the shaft- present from Mini Dude, for road hockey.

~Mini Dudette receiving her custom pink full face helmet, and then asking if she could go down to the BMX track to try it out.

Attachments

• IMG_127422.jpg
    IMG_127422.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_127824.jpg
    IMG_127824.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 63

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda- that would look great in my recently finished bar. :D Currently has an Eddie Jovonoski autographed framed photo, and awaiting more.

Mine will go nice with the Nash, Weir, Morrison framed pics.
Still need more local athletes to round out the rest of the wall space.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does it say Voros? I hope so if you're going to wear a Wild Jersey ;)
Yes it does, he sent it along with all the Christmas presents for his family from St. Paul.

It is sure nice, the new fabrics are weird...but it is a cool uni.

I have never owned a full authentic Jersy before, always the replicas...cool to have a fighting strap that bothers me when I am wearing it out and bothers me when I'm on the ice with it.

I say do away with the Fighting strap and the instigator! let's see blood!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0