Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Olympics: Salt Lake City

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Women's Hockey

Went to the Canada-U.S. exhibition game last night at GM Place. Canada was unfortunate not to win; a costly mistake -- a pass straight up the middle from behind the net -- ensured the American win.

If Canada can manage to keep up their effort and offense while controlling their mistakes, I can't see why they won't be able to put together a win over the States during the Olympics. I mean really, we all pretty much know they'll both be in the Gold Medal game, right?

It was some good hockey, though. Despite the passing not being as crisp and controlled as men's, and the speed not being quite what we see in the NHL, the stickhandling and mucking in the corners is excellent. Those women are some gritty players, I tell you.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gripping....

Thanks to TTP's resident feminist for such an important contribution. It's difficult to follow women's ice hockey or such pursuits of obvious relevance from England. Even if you wanted to.

Can we have a poll about whose tits are nicer now?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
never fear when tits are involved!

Be careful Fastshow, some of the STRAIGHT ones are my friends!

Keeps, I agree with the cripsness stuff, but really, if Canada continues to lose it half way through the game, then they won't take the damn Americans.:rolleyes:

I believe it is all a mind thing when they play against the states!-I'll be rooting (aussie joke) for them, but I hope the whole country doesn't have the high expectations like they have had in the past!:(

If they take them, all the better!

+SC

"GO Canada GO!"

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
?

I'm delighted to hear you have friends, that bit of information should settle a few bets going about in TTP world.

Anything with tits has absolutely no interest to me in terms of Olympic hockey. People with tits have no business pretending to play competitive hockey. Look where it got Krutov for fcuk's sake.

Best of luck to 'em, I say, Fastshow.

tiner

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
perth

nice picture keeper . this sort of thing apparently goes on in perth a lot........deb???(especially when some grow tired of the fcuking torch relay that went onandonandonandon...)

looking forward to watching although with time difference could be tiring!!! we have roy and hg to look forward to as well. two of the funniest sports commentators in the world!!!!!

in the absence of swimming and other events we can win...GO CANADA!!!!!!!!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Visa colours

I realize that Visa is obviously a (the) main sponsor for the Canadian Bobsled team, but don't you think it's more than a little pathetic that we can't even keep Canadian colours on our sled? A blue maple leaf? What's up with that?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point, Keeper

The color choice is weak. However, a couple of those birds would look great in red and white bikinis. That is the main problem with the photo. The women are too wrapped up. Red and white thongs, please.

The Politically Correct Captain :)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

I've got an idea. Why don't you sponsor the Women's Bobsleding team and you have it the colours of the rainbow?

Buckfast

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast:

It took you 10 minutes to come up with that? Learn to type or think faster. Your choice.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Statistic Canada

a) Type faster or,
b) Think faster.

There's more to life then fcuking polls. You need to get out more often.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice,

Wouldn't you think it would be tragic if the Canadian National hockey team were suddenly sponsored by Visa and had to wear uniforms that made them look Swedish? Right, same for the bodsled team.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeps,

I don't know what strange things you get up to, but I would much rather have Canada's Women's Hockey Team look more Swedish.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
we just got a t-shirts printed...

http://www.olympics.com/x/f/frame.htm?u=/news/slocmain_front.asp

Max Blink and 5 Bigones, this should give you a little info on the Trinidadian Bobsled team

AGUILERA, Errol M 24 May 1978 1.75m (5'9") 77 kg (170lbs)
McNEILLY, Andrew M 26 Feb 1972 1.93m (6'4") 102kg (225lbs)
SUN, Gregory M 10 Aug 1964 1.83m (6'0") 86 kg (190lbs)

+SCwillhaveafullreportwhenshegetsback:cool:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia Wins Gold

Janica Kostelic destroys field by almost 2 seconds today. First ever medal for croatia at the winter olympics. Great day for Croatia!

her brother is favoured in next weeks' ski event.

:)

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gold for Sale & Peltier

SALT LAKE CITY (Reuters) -- Canada's Jamie Sale and David Pelletier will be awarded a gold medal in the Olympics pairs figure skating, an International Olympic Committee (IOC) source told Reuters on Friday.

"The executive board has followed the International Skating Union proposal to award two gold medals and the votes of the French judge have been cancelled, making the final result four votes all," the source said.

The Canadian duo finished second to Russians Yelena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze last Monday, sparking a storm of controversy. The source said the Russians would keep their gold medal.

Asked if the decision was the correct solution, IOC president Jacques Rogge replied: "Yes, because it in the interests of the athletes."

The source said the French judge Marie-Reine Le Gougne had said there had been pressure put upon her to vote for the Russian duo. Her vote gave a 5-4 verdict from the nine judges in favour of the Russians.

Rogge and ISU president Ottavio Cinquanta are scheduled to give a joint news conference at 11 a.m.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IOC covering their tale

Canada's Jamie Sale and David Pelletier now have what they deserved the first time around. GOLD.
Well done.:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We can't even practice right!

From TSN.ca:
(Feb 15) SALT LAKE CITY - JOHN MARCHESAN (tsn.ca) Canadian skier David Anderson is in a Salt Lake City hospital following an accident at Snowbasin on Friday.

Anderson was involved in a collision with a Snowcat while on course. Initial reports say his injuries are not considered life threatening.

The Rossland, B.C. native has been airlifted to Latter Day Saints hospital in Salt Lake City with injuries to his ankle, hamstring and back.

Anderson, who finished 38th in the men's downhill, was scheduled to compete in the upcoming Super-G race this Saturday.

It's unclear whether or not an official practice was underway at the time of the crash.

Why am I not surprised? This from the Russian pair.

“WE ARE THE BEST pair in the world,” Sikharulidze told Reuters Television. “We feel that we skated good enough to be the Olympic champions.”

“In reality I am a sportsman,” Sikharulidze said. “I am not a guy who wants to steal a medal from somebody.
“It’s not our business. I feel we are strong enough to be Olympic champions.”

Later, the couple appeared on Larry King Live, 24 hours after the Canadian duo had also been guests on the nationwide cable TV talk show.
Sikharulidze said: “Yes I made a small mistake in my free program but the judges gave small (low) marks for technical merit.
“(The Canadians’) technical marks were higher than ours were. But there are two marks, technical merit and artistic impression and we had higher marks for artistic impression. That’s why I don’t understand what’s going on, why there’s such a big scandal from nothing.”
Berezhnaya said: “We have looked again at how we skated and we think we are the winners and that we deserve the gold medal.”

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0