Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 PCSL Preseason Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Season

The PCSL season kicks off on May 4th with 2 games. Penticton in Seattle, and Team BC in Victoria.

There are games pretty much consistently throughout the summer. I'm just glad that Penticton doesn't have any games during the Nations Cup Weekend.:D

Seattle, Victoria, and Surrey should all be tough again this year. I heard that the Explorers are going in a new direction this year as an Asian Development team. It should be interesting on how they do. Team BC will be even younger than they were last year, but they will be well coached.

Here's hoping that Penticton make it out of the bottom 3 and somewhere into the middle of the pack.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's it Gomsey. Keep reaching for those stars....:rolleyes: You have the opportunity to play with the mighty Surrey U and yet you pass it up for the bottom 3 and a Happy meal. WTF? How many clicks do you have to put on your soap box car per year anyway. With Surrey's new club house opening in just over a month it should be a no brainier. Just ask all the Metro Ford guys beating down M.F.'s door for a spot.

Surrey doesn't kick off until May 25. We head down to Seattle for what's always a good game. Lots of tasty tackles when we play the Yanks. Cheap beer, traveling with the ladies team and a long bus ride make for good times.........

Have a nice drive.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is spelled "Ayer", but not sure.

I asked because I was wondering if it was Carmen Morelli (sp?). If it was, I was ready to slag him as a piss poor coach, who shouldn't be coaching at all anymore for BCSA, CSA, or whomever he has been getting his cushy jobs from..

But since it isn't, I won't slag that piss-poor joke of a coach, Carmen Morelli.

Not one to ever slander,

Dude.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carmine Morelli. For a soccer coach.....well, he's a hell of a chef. Nothing like leading BC to 8th place at the Nationals to add credentials to an already poor resume. That, combined with his 6-197 record at BCIT makes me think that the next job he's offered will involve an apron and a spatula.

Anyways, they've scrapped the u-20 format. Its now u-18s, and Langara Falcons head coach Marc Rizzardo is leading the troops.

And its "Ayre".

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langara coach

Mark Rizzardo is actually taking the u-18 lads into the pcsl this year and bob birada is taken the women.

KNVB,

I will speak for gomsey16, even thought I know he will post something too, but how can you pass up the opportunity to play in the PCSL and not having to train during the summer at all and going up there to that weather is so warm and playing a full 90min. Where we place to me isn't that big of an issues becuase it is summer league and all, not that I don't take it serious but we do play with a lot of undeveloped kids.

Cheers
JB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB I'm not really concerned on how the Penticton teams looks in the shower.

Our practices are for the most part pretty loose. There's no yelling or screaming just lots of shots and 5 a sides. Perhaps if you practiced once and a while you would be able to play 90mins without having to drive 500km.

Besides, who asked you. I was talking to the Gomesy bros. ;)

Challenge Cup Champion 2001, KNVB

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your coach

Your coach asked me after the game we played you on thursday night is that alright and I just thought that I would put in my two bits but apparently you would rather wait the day and a half that it will take gomesy16 to get back because I am sure he is studying hard for his exams.
:rolleyes:

Cheers
JB

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its actually in JB's Penticton contract that the team be chock-full of undeveloped kids. It's his lifestyle, his choice, and I'm not here to judge.

ps - He recruits from the local McDonalds. Drive-thru crew.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL

Oh my!!! That was some funny shite. Great piss taking.

Anyway, although the offer to play in Surrey with a more competitive team is extremely tempting, I have to stay with Penticton atleast for this year.;) On the PCSL site it says that this might be Penticton's last year, so who knows.:confused:

Regarding the long drive, they get us a rental car to take up there and we have a great time. JB especially gets excited after the games when it's shower time.:eek:

I'm excited 'cause this year I'll get to actually play center mid instead of either left-back or sweeper.:rolleyes: :mad:

The boys (just for you JB) are coming down from Penticton next weekend for some exhibition games in Chilliwack the weekend after this one. I'm not sure who we're playing.

Can't wait to start!!!:cool:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahh... the PCSL

I love training on grass and playing in completely empty stadiums;) J_B & Gomesy16 best of luck (you'll need it)!!! Penticton is a fun trip (Nightmoves then a wee late night dip in Lake Okanagan):D That rental car ride every other week sounds like a sausage party to me???:eek: I guess riding the bus along with the women's team is overrated???:rolleyes:

Cheers, Guinness

BTW, for those interested Ayrsie is recovering from another surgery and is doing well.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
May

4 May Sat Seattle Hibernian Penticton Pinnacles Interbay Stadium 7:00
4 May Sat Victoria United Team BC Royal Athletic Park 2:00
5 May Sun Skagit Rapids Penticton Pinnacles Mt. Vernon High School 2:00
9 May Thu Team BC Fraser Valley TBA 7:00
11 May Sat Seattle Hibernian Vancouver Explorers Interbay Stadium 2:00
11 May Sat Penticton Pinnacles Okanagan Challenge King's Park 6.00
12 May Sun Okanagan Challenge Penticton Pinnacles Apple Bowl 2:30
12 May Sun Skagit Rapids Fraser Valley Mt. Vernon High School 2:00
12 May Sun Team BC Vancouver Explorers TBA 4:00
18 May Sat Seattle Hibernian Team BC Interbay Stadium 2:00
18 May Sat Skagit Rapids Victoria United Mt. Vernon High School 2:00
19 May Sun Seattle Hibernian Victoria United Interbay Stadium 1:00
23 May Thu New West Khalsa Fraser Valley Queen's Park 7:00
25 May Sat Okanagan Challenge Seattle Hibernian Apple Bowl 7:30
25 May Sat Surrey United Team BC Cloverdale Athletic Park 2:30
26 May Sun Penticton Pinnacles Seattle Hibernian King's Park 1:00
26 May Sun Surrey United Skagit Rapids Cloverdale Athletic Park 2:30
29 May Wed Vancouver Explorers Team BC Burnaby West Complex 8.30
30May Thu New West Khalsa Surrey United Queen's Park 7:00

I'm glad to see Kelowna is back this year. The league really was lacking without them.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the invite

knvb,

Thanks for the invite, but by the time I get this bloody cast off and finish rehab, it might already be June. If I stick with Penticton I'll probably be able to get 90min. per game as soon as I'm back, where as with Surrey, I'd have to still earn a spot. Maybe next year, if the offer will still be on the table. Penticton is just too much fun, and during the summer, having a good time is more important than winning for me.

Guiness, sadly, Penticton doesn't have a women's team, but nightmoves is always a blast anyways.

Cheers, and good luck again this summer,

Gomesy

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys lets be honest. Do you think all we do is train and play games? Lets not stereo-type Surrey here. To be quite frank (or Bob if you prefer) our Road trips are a fcuking gong shows. 2:00am Curfews turn into 4:30 am Hot tub parties with what ever birds the "singles" have picked up that evening.

Remember we were 4th or 5th last year and 7th the year before. All we did was win the BIGGEST Cup the PCSL has to offer. Did I mention it was 80% of the Gorge team Peg just lost to in the finials? :eek:

Setting the record straight.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb

You're a bad boy!!!
fcuking gong shows. 2:00am Curfews turn into 4:30 am Hot tub parties with what ever birds the "singles" have picked up that evening.
So you are saying that when I am, safely tucked in before 9pm you lot get it on??? I am ashamed to be part of the same squad as you animals!!!:eek:

Gomes/J_B, is there an extra spot in you're rental car for the sausage parties???:rolleyes:

GO PINNICLES GO!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fetal position

Guinness do I need to remind you of what condition and what location you were found after a win vs. Seattle? I thought not. Shut it.

By David Crompton, Penticton Herald
April 4, 2002 - Not only does Len McAdams want to see the Penticton Tim Hortons Pinnacles remain a part of the Pacific Coast (Men's) Soccer League for years to come, he hopes the Pinnacles may someday launch a PCSL women's team.
McAdams, entering a remarkable 18th year as PCSL president, expressed concern over rumblings that this may be Penticton's final season in the men's league.
Interesting..... Gomesy, JB what's the word? Oh and JB try and focus on the soccer not the shower.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb

Spreading lies will get you knowhere!!! We didn't win in Seattle!!!:rolleyes: Shall I remind you're lovely wife where and when you were found??? I didn't think so (she wouldn't be interested in hearing you stayed up till 11pm playing bridge with the U-19's):eek: BTW, Shut it.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0