Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 PCSL Preseason Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would never play Bridge. It's for old folks. It was chase the Ace an Black Jack and I bought a new car with my winnings. So never mind.

I see Surrey starts off the year at home vs. Team BC Saturday (May 25) and then play Skagit the following day, not a road trip to Seattle like first reported. A double header the first week could be bad considering 3/4 of us will have just returned from the Kelowna tourney where we hopefully have three peated.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daft Dutchman

No worries I won't report you're earning to Missus Knvb!!!;) If you throw me a pint later that would help my silence...:D

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCSL season

Fraser Valley Action FC (formerly AIA) can't wait to start the PCSL season - with not many of our boys playing winter ball we are ready to go for the upcoming season. Unfortunately our stud keeper from last year is staying down south to play in the PDL. TWU's pitch should be even better than last year - after last night's match between TWU and Western Washington it is closed until early June. It was looking rather horrid a few weeks ago, but it should recover in time for our home games.
I think the team to beat will be Seattle - apparently Skagit will be much better this year - Victoria is always strong - and it will be interesting to see what Okanagan is like - hard to say what to expect from Khalsa or Surrey until you see who is playing that night. We personally would not mind if Surrey would use the ex-TWU keeper they used against us last year!
Best of luck to all the clubs and lets have a Canadian club win the title this year.
Cheers

PS - I read on another thread that its not likely to have a pint with the AIA boys after the game -- well I can't speak for my whole team but I know there is a group of us that would love to go for a pint.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Done Action guy.

I agree Seattle is always the team to beat. Skagit has to be better than last year they couldn't get any worse. I just plan hate every guy on the Victoria squad. So I could give two shites for how they are. As for Surrey we will be up and down I'm sure again this year. Rumor has it we will be picking up a handful of older more experienced players for the summer. If they are who I think they are we have a shot of being in the top 3. (Maybe if the Gomes bros get their heads out of their asses top 2 ;) )

As for Steph being in net. FAT F'N chance. He left to get relegated along with Serbia and I doubt we'll see him again. This year we have a fantastic keeps. I just hope we can keep sober long enough to finish a game :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness you post was moot You sent me the same thing via PM so I removed it.

Action Guy how's the AIA team shaping up? Lots of guy's returning or is it a fresh new set of bible jockeys? :D

Moderator to the Stars, KN-Sedin

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moderator to the Muppets, KN-Sedin

Offside!!! You decide who's post is moot and who's is not??? WTF??? Who the hell are you!!!:mad: No point in me posting on this dodgy thread for a while... Beeker "Le Moderatuer" play with yourself... :rolleyes:

Guinnessneedingawordthetheotherimportanthorsemen!!!:mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy there SexualGuinness

You decide who's post is moot and who's is not
Yes that's right.
Who the hell are you
I'm the guy who decides the above silly :rolleyes:

Nobody looking in this thread cares to know why I didn't go to knowones house last night. Maybe It was the fact you were there :eek:

Beeker

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys wanna stay on fcuking topic!!!

broncodoinghisbesttoimpressregssohewillmakehimamoderator:D

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its hard to say how we will be - try-outs are this week - it will be mostly the same core of guys returning - except our keeper from last year who was brilliant. We will probably be very young this year -- a lot of guys will not join until May when they return from their US schools or their winter teams are finished. Looking forward to the season - it will be interesting to see if last year was a 'one-off' for us or if we will continue to be near the top.
"bible-monkeys" - that's a new one, well done, if you give me a definition of what a bible-monkey is I will be able to let you know how many we will have on our team! :) - AIA runs a program where students come up for the summer for ministry training and if they are good enough they play for our team. For example - our stud keeper last year was up from Colorado Christian Univ. (a decent NCAA Div II team). He is not coming back because he wants to play in the PDL so he can get noticed and then drafted next year into the A-League. Its hard to say how good the players are going to be. Also, as TWU gets better they will supply more players for our PCSL team.
Cheers
Action Man
Certified "Bible-Monkey"!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Action guy who said monkey? I said Jockey. Whatever works.......:rolleyes:

Darby please.... After this weekend performance you should just crawl back under your rock and stay there for a few more weeks.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice

Maybe Action Man and the AIA will take you. That would reduce the number of down south imports they have to bring in. You'd fit right in.

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody who wants to play their home games on the best pitch in BC is welcome to try-out - unfortunately we can't pay you in juntas, actually can't pay you at all!

A point of interest: How do you think Seattle's PCSL team would do in the VMSL? or Vic United?

I heard that Skagit lost to the Seattle A-league team 1-0. Last years Skagit team would have lost to the Seattle's W-league team - so they will be much better. I would hate it if Seattle, Vic, and Skagit finish in the top four.

Cheers

Action Man
Bible-JOCKEY (sorry about mixing that up!)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not commited, out of shape, ttp addict seeks team

Action Man
I'm really interested in trying out:rolleyes:

knvbpassthedolcetotheapprentice:eek:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bible Thumper

I think the style of play in the PCSL is much different than in the VMSL... so to guess how the Seattle's and Victoria's would do is really a guess... In my opinion Seattle wouldn't finish each season with any hardware... they may do well against the weaker teams, but to come up against a Westside or Pegasus they just wouldn't match up mentally or physically... with so much experience those teams can play and mix it up, where as Seattle isn't interested in battling week in week out... they would much rather dance around and flick their mullets...
Victoria on the other hand have a big squad (I beleive they have many Gorge players) and would fair better in the VMSL than Seattle... that said they are a bunch of tossers that love themselves more than the Yanks... classless bunch, love to mouth off and can throw their weight around... I think they could survive life in the VMSL and probably enjoy it more so than the PCSL...

One Guinness opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0