Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Season Results and Witty Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Crazy Conductor

I didn't even know you guys had your name on the cup since when I was looking at it I had it upside down in order for the beer to pour out of the cup and down my throat.
Sorry I can't read upside down.

:rolleyes:

PS: if you have won the cup so many times how come you don't know that the cup isn't actually a cup but a totem pole. There is no cup to drink out of.

:D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Call Security!!

Yoda,I was gonna mention if the Buddha girls took a special liking to the "POLE" trpphy and maybe that's why it wasn't returned this year,but I won't talkabout it!!
PS: if you have won the cup so many times how come you don't know that the cup isn't actually a cup but a totem pole. There is no cup to drink out of.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats!

Well I never got out to the game as planned but I read and hear good and bad things. Nonetheless, congrats to the YG and Diehards dying hard well bitter sweet I say.

See everyone up in Vernon. Not sure who is who actually so maybe I'll actually meet who these posts are coming from.

The weather better be awesome!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hail Herd!!!

Alright, it looks like this forum will be dead until next year. Who would have figured that YG Inc. would have been so humble with their championship cup after all the TT directed our way throughout the season? Too old. Has beens. Never were beens. Whiners. Cheats. Excuse makers. Assholes. Punks. Car thieves. Tax cheats. The list could go on and on.

Anyhoo, no use in crying over water spilt under the bridge (or something like that). So, I figured that someone had to take the next step, put all that crap behind us and thank Jeremy Herd for all the work he put into organising this year. Fields, permits, schedules, photocopying, maps, organising the tourney, collecting fees, organising refs, trophies, discipline, etc...It's a thankless job with a lot of complaints to boot.

Again, thanks Jeremy for organising all this. I know I wouldn't want to have to do all that for a snivelling group of individuals who find joy in peeing on my El Camino's tires.

P.S. I think that jackass who referred to you as "Hitler" was WAY out of line.;)

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I second that....

I second the above kudos to JR on his work organizing the AMSL this year. The Carts had a blast and look forward to next summer. Two suggestions though: a few new refs that may actually keep up with play, and a few more turf fields....with my experience booking PM and BLW for the youth team I coach, the further in advance, the better chance of getting lots of turf time!! I am sure we would all glady pay an extra $5-10 a head to cover more rentals on turf!

Although bitter at times, the banter here was priceless! Sometimes better than the slags on the field (must be because YG's had a bit more time to think of something worthy!) ;) Just kidding 911, you can pick me up in your El Camino anytime to cruise the playground!

See y'all in Vernon or next summer!

CD

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
But Herb...

The guys who worked the two finals have no place in co-ed. Our three refs should be Herb, Fat Monkey, and Joe--remember him, whatever happened to Joe? They are perfect for co-ed.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Passport!!

I also would like to personally thank JR for a job well done.It's a job that no one wants but at the same time,lot's of them gripe about it!!Well done JR for stepping up to the very hard and not rewarding enough challenge!!Maybe SC will run for vice next year!!Also wanted to know if at all possible for next year,not to give us so many games at Ioco because my passport is expiring in March 2003.YG Inc. will see you guy's in Vernon!! P.S. we are taking everyone's advice from the forum, about playing for fun and drinking lot's of beer!!So we decided to enter the rec side up in Vernon!! Cheers:D

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JR your my hero! President of both Co-ed & Pride Parade, WOW!

Listen to all you "We love you JR" "Thanks for all the work good fella" "Your the best JR" "I swallow JR":eek: :rolleyes: Bunch of suck ups! JR can see through your lies that you really just want him to coach your team so you don't have to leave your home town to play a league/playoff game.:D

JR,

Resign. ;)

Dial 411

Joe and Herb are having a ref/lovers dispute between mens and Co-ed league. Joe has disappeared from Co-ed and Herb from mens league.:( Too bad really, hope the can work it out for next year.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbelievable.....

Carts, Buddha, MShadow....all in competitive. But YG's?? In REC?? Thought it was a joke by El Camino until I saw it on the fax machine last night. Isn't that like Seinfeld working YukYuks instead of the Orpheum??

CDhopingtograbsomeYG'schicksinvernonbutmaybeonlyoffthefieldnow:)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that there's anything wrong with rec, but

Most of our gals are heading up, but I think only 2-3 of our guys are. I'm not sure if I can make it either. From what I hear, we're scrambling for guys and we will probably end up using some of the girls' boyfriends. A depleted roster, in 40 degree heat, in competetive would devastate the current share price of YG Inc., so our management opted for rec. You can direct any Investor Relations questions to me.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Call Security!!

Originally posted by Conductor
Yoda,I was gonna mention if the Buddha girls took a special liking to the "POLE" trpphy and maybe that's why it wasn't returned this year,but I won't talkabout it!!

Conductor, you are so smart, you found all the inconsistencies in my posts. Good for you.

As for the "Pole" question, maybe that is why?, maybe it isn't, wouldn't you like to know.
:D

Yodawhohashisvideocameraon24/7

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
pardon???

Geez...you go away for two weeks and look what happens!

First and foremost, I'd like to congratulate Young Guns and Mavericks for their respective wins in the 'A' Cup and 'B' Cup finals. The two games were entertaining to say the least and I won't get into the details as shared by the TTP'ers before me.

As for the referees and fields, expect to see some changes next year - like some quality men in black and a pitch where you can actually have a pint in celebration or defeat. It's a shame that our friend Herb wasn't there as even HE could have done a better job in the middle of the park! One out of three ain't bad, eh Fat Monkey? :D

It's been interesting season this year and believe it or not I'm actually looking forward to next season. See you then!

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0