Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Season Results and Witty Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkangel

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think i better answer this one!

I don't remember the goal line save - but thanks jimmy!

And yes they were coming at him in droves but the cat - he's always on top of his game!

The Aprentise Had his first game with us - tells me he carries jimmy like god on his back in Ital! Don't know about that one with the Goal of the week on jimmy's shoulders!

Pulling the goalie never happened on our team, but it looked like cosmos had a 12th player out there???????????????

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goalline save

Regs

Da is being a little shy right now,the school doors were open and lets just say we wandered in:eek: Your too smart Regsy,cant get one by you!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They Call me Bruce

It must be Grobalar and not Lee, with the nice Kit you were wearing in goal.
Where the hell did you get those mits, not even Herb could miss those gloves, even with the poor visibility.

Bruce why was TA still on your back while you were in goal last night, I am starting to get worried about that guy.

They Call him Teddy Tag Along:eek:

HOSjusthavingfunwithTA

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baking!!

I'm wanting to bake a cake for my co-ed team this long weekend does anyone know where I can purchase some Sexual Chocolate??

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...can't we all get along

Originally posted by coco beware

It only took a couple of clowns to ruin a good match. And I thought we were all suppose to get along

Hey, Herb if your listening your a dam fine job:D :D :D

....GEE, THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE ALLOVER.....

Someone actually thought that Herb refereed a good game? You must be new to the league coco..... :D

J R

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC?

I'm sure if you asked nicely you might get some Sexual Chocolate for free.
:D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Putting on my "Besty" Moan...

Posted by Throbby...
HOS is right, I was the last Dragon to leave the park, and I am some what dissappointed with that, but I'm sure my new team mates will make it up to me.

Here goes...the reasons "why" I didn't stay at the pitch: Bad Hami seizing up(left side), connected to the bad glute(left side) , took a bad hit to the shoulder (left side), seized up calf (left side)due to a late tackle, bruised hip (left side), due to a late tackle, slight concussion, due to my own teammate hitting me while "trying" to clear the box, it was cold, I am tired of Cheatside (jj), and TA didn't invite me to the "circle" AGAIN.

+SCdoesnotfeellike'playing'withtheconductorrightnow :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry, no report about the game due to the left side of my body being totally immobile:(

Note picture below: The medical team discussing whether or not SC should play coed anymore:rolleyes:

C

coco beware

A NEW REFEREE

JR

With all due respect to Herb, It's not the best game I've seen Refed. But when you have 11 whiners ALLOVER 1 official you have to cut the guy some slack. And yes the calls went both ways, And JR if you think you can do a better job,you better get your MONKEY BUTT on the pitch so we can watch you get whined at!!! :p :p :p

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So when are you gonna lace up those boots?

Originally posted by coco beware
JR

With all due respect to Herb, It's not the best game I've seen Refed. But when you have 11 whiners ALLOVER 1 official you have to cut the guy some slack. And yes the calls went both ways, And JR if you think you can do a better job,you better get your MONKEY BUTT on the pitch so we can watch you get whined at!!! :p :p :p

Hey, I remember games like that...but no one from my team has EVER yelled at the referee. Okay...there was this one time, at John Oliver....

I know I couldn't do a better job than Herb, but that's why he referees and I just play. And for once, I've actually hit the pitch during our first 6 games! Okay, so I've only playing a combined 10 minutes this season but still!

Speaking of playing, when are you gonna hit the pitch??? :p

J R

C

coco beware

My Boots are always LACED!!

Well JR I think I'm one up one you. I've played a total of 11 min. in our first 5 games. And hey, there's plenty of more where that came from. Unfortunately to your benefit we have no scheduled games against each other. (must be rigged):D We would probly let you guys win again anyways.:p :p cheers

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First Game

Tryhards finally got to play their first game tonight against Poco Rockets.
Good game with Tryhards coming away with the win 3-1.

Yoda starts his scoring frenzy with his first goal of the season.
Caught the keeper going the wrong way across the goal.

1 down many to go.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: First Game

Originally posted by Yoda

Yoda starts his scoring frenzy with his first goal of the season.

1 down many to go.

Yogi, you sound just like me, except, change the "Yoda" to "SC" and change the "his" to "her" and change the
to
passes it to the other team, and assist on an
"own goal" :rolleyes: . You can also change the "1 down many to go." to "3 down, many more to go" :eek:

And that about sums it up for SC's recent display on the pitch:rolleyes:-EVEN down at Sunset beach in the Saturday pick-up games with the 100 year old European Men:rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :( :mad:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does this Young Gun team have any BIG Guns Playing

Not asking about what the girls on the team look like, but if they have any Big Guns replacing Danny "The Hatchet" Mastro, and is Johnny Pesch still with the club.

Looking forward to starting up the bitter rivalry between these two clubs.

HOSaBigGunsMan

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whiners

I was playing tennis in Port Moody last night and caught most of the co-ed game between Arsenal and some red team at the artificial turf field. I got there about five minutes in to find the red team winning 2 - 0.

Then the whining started.

Overall, I thought the officiating was not too bad, but if you listened to the Arsenal bunch, you would have thought that he was the second coming of Herb. The goalie got ejected after arguing a seemingly correct call. At least the two people standing with me agreed that it was the right call.

They bickered at each other, at the other team and at the ref. These guys are a disgrace to the supposedly "relaxed" mode of summer soccer. The worst offenders were "Wally" and the big fella in the back. They never shut up. Full marks to the red team for not biting back at any of their antics.

Normally, I don't rag on people who whine while playing. But for crying out loud, it's co-ed soccer! Get a life!

By the way I think the final score was 7 - 3 for the red team.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outsider's perspective!!!

FYI Yankee!
Gunners vs Arse-nal was the match you saw (out of curiousity, I checked the schedule)

Thanks for "heads-up" ;)

We play the Gunners on June 2nd:(
We play Arse-nal on June 23rd :(
$10 smacks says Herbacious is reffing;)

+SC:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herb

Herb tries to ref all the co-ed games in the summer because he has to make enough money to last through the winter because nobody will let him ref real winter league games.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what are you 'trying to say'?

have you seen the 22 K gold shiney whistle Herbacious uses:confused: :eek:

+SCisHerb's#2fan;)

Good luck with your vows Yoda! ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC

Thanks,

Nerves haven't hit me yet, but I guess that's a good thing.

Hope to make it to the pitch for our game on Sunday 6:00pm.
But I digress.
To quote a famous TTPer "Back On Topic Please". TheRob.
:rolleyes:

Apparently we aren't the only Tryhards in the league. Maybe everyone is a Tryhard except the Dragons who just don't try at all? SC, thoughts?

I have a great idea for the league. How about each year every team votes on which team is the biggest Tryhard for the season. The winner will get a little trophy and then they have to change their name to the Tryhards for following season as a reminder that it's supposed to be fun.

What does everyone think?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant idea Yoda. I second, third, and fourth that motion.

Sunday at 10am. Osler pitch(where the hell is that?)TheRob, with massive hangover and all, will score his first four goals of the season vs. Young Guns.

How's that for witty?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Idea Yogi!

The winner will get a little trophy and then they have to change their name to the Tryhards for following season as a reminder that it's supposed to be fun.

We've already tried that this year, hence the "Buddha" in our official title.;)

As far as trying hard , my team is getting a motivational "Do it for Johnny" speech jus before kick-off tomorrow:mad:

This is supposed to be the Roar for One More :eek:

+SCwantstheteamtostarttrying

Osler pitch, 43rd ish, 2 blocks west from Oak street (Vancouver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0