Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
westside 4
firetown 2

up 3 buzz after 30 minutes made the game somewhat of a yawner. toons scored a couple in the second half to make it interesting before the insurance marker put it out of reach.
little dessert for azzi (gelatto on the side i'm sure):

Crow Pie:

1 crow
stuffing of your choice
salt and pepper
shortening
flour
2 Pie crust mixes
2-3 hard-boiled eggs

Stuff the crow. Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through.
Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from bones and set aside.
Prepare pie crusts as directed. (Do not bake)
Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool.
Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg. Place crow meat on top. Layer gravy over the crow. Place second pie dough crust over top.
Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

I'm going to be honest here and try not to take this personally, you guys are awful. Yes, absolutely we stunk yesterday. You couldn't be more right when you say we were useless and our play was listless. Zero emotion on our part for an entire 90 and there is no reasonable excuse for it considering we could have and should have buried Sporting 4 times over already. You can say that all you want because yesterday it was totally 100% true, we-hit-rock bottom. Still though you could only manage, what was it 60% of the play? (In your dreams btw) Have 3 or 4 half chances off of a few nice crosses. Good luck the rest of your one game. All apologies to BBY too, though it could have been a better piss take than to have you guys hang on by a thread and have to watch that performance.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cerebral smallsy said:
toons scored a couple in the second half to make it interesting before the insurance marker put it out of reach.

This just in from the League Office, Inter has clinched Side A because of the 2 goals allowed by Westside vs. Fireman today.
Azzi would like to thank all for the Crow Pie Recipe, he was wondering if crow will go on Pizza Pie too, mmmmmm sounds good, large to go please.

Side B is just taking a beating, first Slurrey can't beat a terrible Sap. team to save Burnaby, then Side B leaders lose to MF, a mid Side A team. What is Side B's record now vs. Side A?

hos

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
glad to see that you kept a running time on your posession stopwatch bob,
because according to my watch 75% of your possession was ragging the ball
in the corner, now that's good football, sorry, that's good football from a team on the stronger A side. congrats on the provincial berth and avoiding relegation all in the same month. i guess its like christmas in march for you.
i wonder if you'll play for the shootout victory in provincials, i think that's your best shot mate! ;)

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side B is just taking a beating, first Slurrey can't beat a terrible Sap. team to save Burnaby, then Side B leaders lose to MF, a mid Side A team. What is Side B's record now vs. Side A?

That sounds a bit derogatory HOS. Not that I want to enter this "which side is better" argument that is developing (cough-side "A"-cough-cough ;) ) but this mid Side A team would be heading for a playoff with Sporting for a chance to see who plays Inter/Westside for the league title, since we are both tied on points with 31 if we were on the other side.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in from the League Office, Inter has clinched Side A because of the 2 goals allowed by Westside vs. Fireman today.

hos, you won't here much from inter on the matter. it is settled and simply not up for debate. there will be a league play-off. simply a matter of when and where.
simply.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
WAB,

I'm going to be honest here and try not to take this personally, you guys are awful.

Try not to take this personally, but for a team with self-promoting superstar wannabees (you being one yourself), you guys are shite. You may have a few more games to play than us, but we will both end our seasons on the same day.
Cheers

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
You may have a few more games to play than us, but we will both end our seasons on the same day.
Cheers

War of words here, here's hoping for a Sap. vs. Slurrey first round match-up, someone will live another day, but will knvb be able to walk the next day :eek:

If Slurrey can beat Peg and tie Sporting in points, what is the chance the league does a Double Header Play-off between Westside/Inter and Slurrey/Sporting, to see who plays off for the League. It would be a great day of soccer. Most likly not, just like the Imperial Cup this weekend, the game will be on different days and totally different parks, so a quarter of the people actually come out to watch it.
Azzi should make the pie and have more double headers. Adanac is a great location for them.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
Try not to take this personally, but for a team with self-promoting superstar wannabees (you being one yourself), you guys are shite. Cheers
At least you didn't take it personally...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

You said try not to take it personally. I tried, I couldn't. :D

Double headers would bring the fans and increase the excitment level. Seeing some top teams and showcasing the league is what needs to be done. Why didn't Azzi just play the games at Victoria Athletic Park? :rolleyes:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the excellent site!!! I think Azzi is trying to pull his foot out of his mouth after announcing Inter as side A winners to early

Our premature announcement of ICSF Inter clinching the Group 'A' title was even further highlighted this past weekend when Westside Rino defeated SportsTown Firemen 4-2 thus forcing a playoff game against Inter to decide the Group 'A' winner. Therefore, two questions still remain unanswered and they both relate to the Premier Division championship. In fact, a winner has yet emerged in either one of the two groups. The Group 'B' winner could also be decided by a playoff as Surrey United, with a victory over Pegasus FC, can still catch Sporting Club at the top of the table. Then, of course, there will be the Premier Division final to be played between the two group winners. All this, plus the Imperial Cup semi-finals and final, the all-star game against the Whitecaps, and the Province Cup playdowns, mean that a lot of soccer remains to be played this season.

Cheers
JB

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also from the excellent site:

Andrew Veer scored early in the match on a wicked 20-metre drive that eluded Sporting's goalkeeper Mike Halford.

This sounds like a far more elegant interpretation than "Halford slipped and fell while scrambling to cover Veer's shot" - which may have been a more accurate, albeit less glamorous, analysis of Metro-Ford's goal.

After such a blunder, Azzi's report has emphatically brightened my spirits.

Eluded by wickedness,
-sensei.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While our coaching staff said it wasn't a big deal, it was a mean nothing game for us, I still feel gutted about this loss :mad:

I don't care how many starters we were missing, you can't come out and play as flat as that.

Actually I'm probably more just gutted at having to send Smallsy 50 bones now :mad:

On to the chops on the weekend though there is talk we might be playing it on turf :mad:

~angryposter.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
While our coaching staff said it wasn't a big deal, it was a mean nothing game for us, I still feel gutted about this loss :mad:

I don't care how many starters we were missing, you can't come out and play as flat as that.

Actually I'm probably more just gutted at having to send Smallsy 50 bones now :mad:

On to the chops on the weekend though there is talk we might be playing it on turf :mad:

~angryposter.
You gambled on a VMSL game? You have just ruined your chance for induction to the Hall of Fame. Silly Regs. :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd have to agree, Peg did seem to mail it in last night, but that should definitely not take away from some of the good stuff we played and the hard work the young guys put it. Speaking of young guys Peg didn't have many, they seriously looked so old last night. Excluding Adam and Shawn Perry I think the rest of the Peg squad had graduated before 1/2 our starting line up was born. Both teams I thought had some good chances in the first. The TSN turning point was Adam being stopped by Drew on a break away when we were up one (late in the first half?? ) I think that sunk any chance Peg had of coming back. We traded a cross bar each other than that the majority of chances were ours in the second with the exception of some late preassure put on.

How big does our draw with Indo look now? We hit that PK and or Didar is sent off for taking down Corey in the box and we've won our side already.

He uses performance enhancing Drugs too :eek: , not even the move can get you out of this one Regs.

hos
That would explain all the extra hair on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0