Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 BC High School Senior Girls

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have incorrectly used 'their'. Hopefully, you understand why I made the mistake.

We know why you made the mistake because you are a afraid of the big ND. It is messy with your mind.

We were very fortunate to beat them last year to get to the BCs and will be very fortunate again if are able to beat them. In terms of numbers, North Delta is a much bigger school and should be stronger. It's a numbers game. We have 3 grade 12's this year, 10 grade 11s, 5 grade 10s and 1 grade 9 for the record. We are not supposed to beat North Delta, so we will go in as the underdog.

Where did you find this statement. It reads word for word out of the Vince Lombardi coaching manual. I see the second coming of Hoosiers, the movie producers are drooling.:rolleyes:

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where did you find this statement. It reads word for word out of the Vince Lombardi coaching manual

Wrong again, Mr. North Delta. That is right from Captain Shamrock's Words of Wisdom.

These are some of the quotes you are talking about......

"Dictionary is the only place where success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. "

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, they why do they keep score?"

And one of my personal favorites....

"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, company work, a society work, a civilization work."

Some of these quotes and others will be certainly used before our games........

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong again, Mr. North Delta. That is right from Captain Shamrock's Words of Wisdom.

Let's analyze this statement shall we. We will break it down into two parts first " Wrong Again, Mr. Noth Delta." Now this is clearly a mistake on your part as everyone knows that people from North Delta can not be wrong (Bucky) included. He sometimes just gets confused. As far as Mr. North Delta goes I don't believe I ever won any contest to which I can lay claim to this title. The second part of your sentence " Captain Shamrock's Words of wisdom" Clearly this book exists only in the mind of one Captain. Surely cachexia has set in now. Hopefully you will not ruin these young girls that you are coaching.

:rolleyes:

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully you will not ruin these young girls that you are coaching.

:confused:

Just because I will not let them use their 'evil' right foot doesn't mean I'm going to ruin these young girls........

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I for one see no problem with that but I do see a problem with Jeti mind tricks you are playing on them. They clearly are not on the same intellectual level as you are.

thought we could con them into pretending they were warming up with real soccer balls. One girl did ask, "Do you seriously want us to pretend we're passing the ball around in the circle."

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm revolutionizing football with this new type of approach. Have you heard about the studies used on foul shot accuracy? One of the test groups practiced taking foul shots, the second group didn't practice foul shots, and the third group just visualized what their foul shots would look like. When the groups were finally tested, obviously the group that was physically practicing came out on top but the group that visualized was RIGHT behind them. I figure by combining both, I might have a winning formula. :rolleyes: I might not use balls the rest of the year.

BTW, I contacted Bertrand Russell in his grave and asked for his advice on a name for the book I am currently writing to promote this......

Am I REALLY Playing Football? was his response.......It works for me..

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all about visualization. If you had been there you would have seen the Captain and Dartsinthehood showing the girls just how easy soccer can be. They were simply trying to express the mental part of the game.

Should we just call you Mr. Husky then?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well LameDart the only way you can make football look easy is if you just visualize. Obviously if you actually tried to physically show them you would be embarrassed.:cool: Someone as sick as yourself probably shouldn't be outside so soon after such an awful cold or whatever it was. I think you should get lots of rest so I don't have to listen to your fellow teachers laugh at you.:eek:

Parkhead

When is the ND game? Where and what time?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Laughing with me. Aren't they?

Enough of that. I never made mention of being sick on monday and I will not be. As for the ND game, it is wednesday, 3:15 I believe at wherever ND plays. Perhaps the turf at Sands? Will you be there Mr. Husky?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well since you haven't been to any SDSS games or practices yet, I would assume that you will be cheering on the black and gold. Won't you Mr. Husky?

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Husky will be on thered/black side.....right!!! Don't know if I'll make the game. I hope the girls play better then they did against fleetwood today. Fleetwood is a strong team with alot of speed up front, have a strong defence when you play them. The game is at the Mackie Park Turf, you'll enjoy it, no puddles.

Lionheart

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the score Lionheart?

As for the SDSS game today, two words are all that can be used to describe it: PADD-LING. Tamanawis is likely the worst team in the league, at least I hope. It was 7-0 at halftime and could have been much worse. Two more goals in the second half, one was a cross that accidentally found its way into the net. They were instructed that before they were to shoot on net, everyone on the team was to touch the ball. They did well at that. Hopefully they know that wednesday's game will be much tougher. A quick, intense scrimmage for the girls tomorrow to get them prepared. I have faith that the Captain will come up with some great quotes for wednesday's game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the score, Lionheart?

Parkhead,

There are two ways to look at it. If you're coming to Campbell River, which you are, you will be coming as a guest coach. I don't think North Delta will be there, so you have to cheer for us. Also, your sister is secretly cheering for South Delta because she was not selected for the N Delta team. I think there is really only on team you can cheer for......Isn't there? ;)

As for our game today, it was an unfortunate result. It was 6 - 0 after 20 minutes, with 3 crossbars to boot......At half-time it was 7 - 0 and I told the girls that they were not allowed to shoot at net unless all the players on our team touched the ball. The girls did great. We scored the 8th with about 15 minutes to go on a botched cross attempt that skipped through the keeper's hands(kind of like HOS) and the 9th was scored on the last kick of the game(the ref ended about 10 minutes early) on a corner. It was not the type of game we needed before playing a solid North Delta team but we just have to have a really intense practice tomorrow. I knew Fleetwood would be good too. Wednesday should give us a good idea where we are going to be going this year.

Nice game report, One Dart. I just noticed your post now after I posted.

Go Devils.....:D

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A draw! a draw sounds fair.

It is going to be tough to make that trip. Doesn't a coach actually have to coach a team or something. I believe my attendance record speaks for itself.

Parkheadaproudhusky

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
you will be coming as a guest coach

Guest coaches are special. They are only needed some of the time. And when I say some of the time, I mean basically never. And when I say basically never, I mean only in Campbell River. Is that clearer?

Go Devils

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0