Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 BC High School Senior Girls

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, I'm on the payroll. I'm out all the time. It's just that in Campbell River we will need another, um, er, responsible adult to ah, hmmm, supervise, yeah that's it, supervise the team.

ODwho'sonthepayrollbaby(maybenowIcanpaybackthecaptainhisfourpints

Go Devils

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chicken Noodle you seem very responsible to me:rolleyes: so I see no need for the extra quest on the trip. I believe you and the Captain and whoever else is going can handle a highschool girls team for a couple of days.:D Well maybe you will have to watch over the Captain and the team but that is what apprentices like your self are there for.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well maybe you will have to watch over the Captain and the team but that is what apprentices like your self are there for

I'm just fine looking after things, thanks. As long as you keep Tronco away from me, I will be just fine.......:confused:

Captain

For the record, ND lost to Fleetwood today 2 - 1. Semiamhoo beat Delta and I don't know any other results.

Bravedart,

How have Earl Marriott been doing?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Semiahmoo beat Delta, my earlier post about Tamanawis being the worst team in the league may be proved moot. Ouch. It seems to me that Parkhead is looking for excuses not to come, if he keeps this up the invite might get taken back.

I think I have a new theme song for you Captain, it goes something like...

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

Go Devils

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, I'm on the payroll.

On the payroll are you. Don't you technically pay to show up to school everyday? Perhaps you could remember this the next time your fellow teachers :rolleyes: are laughing at you.

Congrats on the win. Although it didn't look like the team was getting much out of it at the point I showed up for. Either way, a strong showing never hurts the confidence.

PS - when is the next home game and please tell me it is against a worthwhile opponent.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not good at all

Earl Marriott, altough they may be a good team on paper they can never seem to get it together.

They are worked so hard with the ladybugs that when it comes to high school they really don't care.

I quit coaching last year because of this! SD should beat them no problem! When do you play each other? I might like to come out and see the Provincial silver medallist in action.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you're sandbagging, Bravedart. They will not be an easy win because I know they are a solid team. I assume they have lost one and won one so far? I know we play them at South Delta but I will have to check the schedule to find out when.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dartsinthehood,

When are you going to post? I can see you reading this thread right now. Sort your private message out, so you can receive one. See you at around 2:45 tomorrow.....

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will see you guys tomorrow probably around halftime I'm guessing. Now which side of the field will I go to?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart,

How is this one? It might be a bit strong at this time of year but it might be what we need...

Guts are a combination of confidence, courage, conviction, strength of character, stick-to-itiveness, pugnaciousness, backbone, and intestinal fortitude. They are mandatory for anyone who wants to get to and stay at the top.

Or.....

Sports are like photography. If you don't focus, all you will get is the negative.

Or...

Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you are, reputation is merely what others think you are.

Or finally...

Compare society to a boat. Her progress through the water will not depend upon the exertion of her crew, but upon the exertion devoted to propelling her. This will be lessened by any expenditure of force in fighting among themselves, or in pulling in different directions.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Choices, choices, choices. All very good and very applicable to the girls. We can decide at 7:47 when you pick me up.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huskies had the Luck

Great match today between ND and SD. Fast paced on the turf, and pretty rough with a ref that let anything go. SD came out strong in the first half. But ND's goalie had a great game and kept the team in it. Second half saw both teams with multiple opportunities on net. Specifically SD's open net header that hit the post...unlucky.. looked great though. Then ND crossed a through ball in the box and Lionheart jr. (aka, my sis.) capitalized. All in all either team could of taken the game. SD was impressive with a very strong physical team. ND's speed provided several key chances on net. Well done SD hopefully we meet up again, great game for both teams. But we really enjoy getting those 3 points. :wa: :wa: :wa:

Lionheart

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty good description although I question the fact that your keeper kept you in it in the first half because the ball was tied to our forwards feet. They wouldn't shoot. If we had been able to put one away in the first half I think that would have made the difference as we were not as sharp in the second. Not really sure what our keeper was thinking by kicking at the eventual goal rather than trying to use her hands, I thought she should have had it. No question a tough one to lose but I think you got it right with your subject line Lionheart. You should have come and introduced yourself. Good luck.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't quite see it the same way...

I thought we came out a little slow in the first 10 minutes and looked like a team that was coming off a 9-0 victory. After that, I was completely thrilled with the way the girls played. We kept a lot of possession and play some nice football, while ND looked to counter-attack, which they did successfully. They don't play a nice brand of football but they will be hard for most teams to break down. We created at least 5 really good chances, especially in the second half and ND had at least 3 good chances on the counter. They are a quick team and the turf really helped their style. We had problems with some of our passing because of the speed. Lionheart, you have introduced yourself. I am very pleased with our performance and it was an entertaining game overall. I still don't know what our goalie was doing when she tried clearing the game winning shot with her foot. She missed it completely and it went under her. Lionheart's sister did well to get a foot on the cross but I think our goalie should have saved it. Either way, we are getting better with each game and I wouldn't mind a re-match with North Delta in the playoffs. We lost to them twice last year in the regular season and beat them when it really counted. So, you can take the three points ;) and add them to your total. You are now tied with us for first with Earl Marriott and Fleetwood! :) Good luck the rest of the way, Lionheart.

BTW, my grade 9 player was spectacular today at times. She was the one who headed the ball. My grade 12 'star' was certainly not that today. We need a lot more out of her when it comes to scoring goals in tight games. Onto Earl Marriott on Monday, with an intense practice in between.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
as we were not as sharp in the second

I think that slurpee went to your head, causing brain freeze. We actually created better chances in the second half and were stroking the ball nicely. BTW, where was my Dasani? You guaranteed it. Did you pay for the slurpee today or did CO?

Go Devils

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought we were much less aggressive in the second half and that is what lead to the number of scoring chances they had. In the first half we were all over them. The chances that we had in the second half were similar to theirs, not a lot of build up but a couple quick passes and a cross. BTW I did indeed pay for the slurpee along with CO's Pepsi. You said that you didn't want your Dasani. That seems to be a pattern that repeats itself with you. Saying not to worry about something (four pints) and then whining later when they don't show up.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thought we were much less aggressive in the second half and that is what lead to the number of scoring chances they had

Actually, their chances came from our midfield all pushing up field together. They kept their two strikers on our back three and cheated with one of their midfielders. She stayed right in behind our midfield and that is where the chances came from. Also, when JK came out, we lost some shape at the back too. She really needs to stay focused for the whole game. And of course their goal, our keeper didn't exactly make a smart play. That was very disappointing....

I want my four pints please. Thanks.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0