Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 BC High School Senior Girls

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup,

We played Terry Fox in the final yesterday and their coaches(kind of hot actually) told me they are in first place,just ahead of Centennial. We beat them in penalties with 11 players. 5 starters were injured or didn't make the trip. However, they were missing 4 players too, so it is difficult to get anything from the game.

Are you going to the seedings meeting? I probably will not be there but you guys should be the number one seed. We will not be seeded anywhere between 7 - 9 because we came in third, thanks to the head-to-head rule.....

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup,

Are you going to meeting tomorrow? I just heard today it was moved forward to 4:00. I definitely will not be there now because we have practice. If you go, could you please put in a good word for us? ;) The lower seed we are, the later we would actually play your team. That would be just fine for us. As far as I know, the playoffs start on Thursday and it is a double-knockout tourney. Have you heard anything else?

Captain

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
seeding meeting

captain, you want to be seeded lower than us, I would have thought if you were seeded higher you would play teams that are not that good? I'm going to the meeting and I'll put in a good word for ya, just let me know approx what spot you want.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, but you knew what I meant. The meeting is over now, so it is all moot . Let me know tonight if you get a chance. Cheers, Studsup.....

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks anyway, Studsup. I found out that we are the #8 seed and we play the #9 seed at home on Thursday. I believe they are called Riverside from Coquitlam. At least we know we have one home game. :rolleyes:

Go Devils!

Captain

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played Fraser Valley Christian today at Berkshire Park, a win and we finish 2nd in our division and earn a berth to the Fraser Valley Tournament, or lose, and we are eliminated from any further soccer.

The girls played well, and we won 3-1. Mike and I our very pleased with a berth to the Valley tournament. We are an extremely young team with 14 of our players actually Juniors (5 grade 8's, 2 grade 9's and 7 grade 10's). I think we play either Pitt Meadows/Thomas Haney next Tuesday with the winner facing either LA Matheson or DW Poppy for a berth to provincials. A berth to the Provincials would be like our Provincial Championship, but hey anything is possible, even Westside lost last week.:D

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you bring your laptop to the game Studsup?

South Delta 5
Riverside 2

The Devils today defeated a team with jerseys, shorts, socks and boots. The ref was amazingly bad and was the direct cause of their first goal. We were up 3-0 at half and completely dominated them. Next up is the number one seed Abby.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, the ref was fcuking horrendous. If we get him again, I won't be able to keep control like I thought I did today. We destroyed them in the first half. They didn't have a shot on net and we hit the post and missed a breakaway too. The second half was going okay until the cnut called a pass back to our keeper. Two girls were going for the ball and our girl was going back towards her 18, and chipped the ball over the other girls foot to avoid her. The ball went towards the corner of the 18 and our keeper came out and picked it up. Fcuking indirect free-kick. They scored from this. Then about 5 minutes later, our goalie had a mental breakdown, clearing the ball off their striker and into the goal. 3 - 2. At this point, the CAptain was starting to shite himself. Fortunately, our 'star' came through with her second goal of the game and setting up the fifth with about 8 minutes to go.

I heard that Seaquam forfeited their game today against Abbotsford. That is bizarre. I'm trying to find out the details. Either way, we travel to Abbotsford on Monday to play the number one seed. It will be a kick-fest, which our girls should be ready for after playing a fairly cheap team today.

Go Devils!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bunny and Gurerro's Burnaby North side won the BBY/New West Championship, Bunny was showing off the banner at traininglast night,

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A quote from tomorrow's coach about a recent game...

On a more serious note, the girls turned up the competitive fires a little more for their second matchup with Sardis. Abby had previously beat Sardis 4-0, but the Sardis girls were out to prove that they deserve some consideration as provincial hopefulls. After a fast paced first half in which both teams had many chances, Abby knew that they were in for a battle (0-0 at the half). In the second half, after the rousing Happy Gilmore "It's My Ball" speech, the girls went out and carried the play at Sardis. Natalie Baye had her first game as goal leader with two and Crystal Hasenpflug chipped in with one. The whole team deserves notice for the effort they gave in the second half.

They are pretty confident about things, at least according to the write-ups I read. We will be ready with several Buddhisms to hopefully counter the Happy Gilmore speeches......:rolleyes:

It should be a dandy tomorrow! Go Devils.....

Good luck to Earl Marriott too. I don't think you'll have much problem with Sardis, since they have been lump-ed twice by Abbotsford. I know we will be in very tough but think the girls are ready to give it their best, which is all we could ask.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND vs. Terry Fox

Well ND came out with an easy win against port moody and now goes to Terry Fox tomorrow. Girls are healthy with no big injuries, so hopefully the girls come out with a win. Would be nice if the rain stopped too.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assume everyone else was having a problem logging into the forums?......

Abbotsford 1 South Delta 4

Lump-ing. Abby had two good players. They went up after about 20 minutes. We were lost at the start, not through lack of effort, but had a hard time adjusting to their 4 - 5 - 1. The goal was pretty soft but it was a goal none the less. We finally started to string a few passes together after putting our grade 9 phenom into the game. She helped set up the goal that tied it up about 2 minutes before the half. Our back-up goalie scored, as she was giving one of our strikers a break. :)

The second half could only be described as a lump-ing. We scored about 10 minutes into the half and never looked back. We shut their midfielder down completely and their striker didn't have a sniff the rest of the match. Our goalie didn't have to make a save in the second half. Our 3rd and 4th goals were top quality. The build up was exquisite followed by solid finishing. I was very surprised that Abby was as weak as they were. Apparently, they hadn't give up a goal during league play. They worked hard until they got down a goal and that was it. We now play Enver Creek on Thursday in the semi-finals. They beat Centennial 3 - 1. Enver Creek tied Abbotsford in their last league game and lost to them earlier in the season, which means absolutely nothing at this stage. I've heard Enver plays a nice brand of soccer, so hopefully both teams can put it together for the match.

I heard North Delta lost to Terry Fox today 1 - 0 in a very physical match. Earl Marriott had a solid 2 - 0 win over Sardis(do they ever get scored on?) and will play Terry Fox on Thursday. This is the first time in the six years that we have made it to this point. A win will put Earl Marriott and South Delta in the BC's and a rematch in the Fraser Valley finals. It will be another difficult game I'm sure, but I think the girls are focussed and finally know the truth, that this tournament is not a single knockout. We beat Enver last year on penalties and I'm expecting another ding-dong game on Thursday, especially since they handled Centennial with some ease.

Good luck to all the teams in their next round.

Captain

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lump-ing

A lumping it definitely was,

The posse would like to send out a personal thanks and whats-up to Buddah for his participation in this victory.

The pre-game was absolutely beautiful as the team sat as we cleansed our minds for this match-up.

p.s Giza get well soon ?????? NBD are you kidding me?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spell it right DITH, it's Buddha. Don't be disrespecting our idol now. You better rub it's belly for good luck now.

A sound thrashing was laid on Abby yesterday. They didn't know what hit them. You could tell that they were a team who were very uncomfortable being behind. I would have thought that in the second half when going against a pretty strong headwind that they would have at least tried to move the ball on the ground but no, they kept lumping it into the wind and having it go right to our midfielders who were magical yesterday. On to Enver on Thursday.

We Shall Not Be Moved

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And then there were four!!

Hey lads, had a good game yesterday with sardis. Keeps didn't see many shots, but midfielders played well. Looking forward to terry fox. Any Insight captain??? Good on ya for your win over abby, I had a feeling you were going to take that game. Wish I could watch sdss next match, should be a good one. I think you'll handle enver creek. Check out toady's SUN for article on AA soccer if anyone is interested. Best o' luck to all still involved.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup,

Terry Fox has a very good left midfielder. She is a natural left-footer and can strike a great ball. They have two girls of color, who are very aggressive. They don't have a lot of speed in their backline, except for their sweeper, who plays very deep. They didn't play a possession game in Campbell River but with their full squad, will probably be very hard to break down. I think you have the guns to do it though. Is your #14 available? If so, she could cause real problems in their backline.

As for Enver, I know nothing about them, except they tied and lost to Abby in league play. Of course, I'm not looking into that at all because it is now one game to try and qualify for the provincials, which would be a big accomplishment for our girls. It could be the first time ever qualifying in back-to-back years and could hopefully set up a good final with Earl Marriott. I honestly don't think you will have problems with Terry Fox. They won't score on you. If you can muster up one, I think that should be enough. Good luck, Studsup, and hopefully we can both win a meet for the Fraser Valley Championship.

What were Sardis like because if we lose on Thursday, we will play them or North Delta probably?

Captain

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Onkar

Hey Captain, I just spoke to Onk about the game on Thursday, he is very excited about getting pummeled(sp.?)

He said that they are the exact same as last year in terms of

How they play the game, If we can get an early one then they will just go into a shell.

Anyways, we have to pull out a good kit for thursday because they are expecting something special after we pulled out the waikiki theme last year.

We could double up on it and go with the hula skirts???

How did the grudge match go with OD today?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0