Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Kamloops August Long Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
She was a lot trimmer ur right should have elaborated.Captain thought i didn't see u at the dance what really happened

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
still on long road to recovery....

Another brilliant weekend. Some points to add:

Parkhead, thanks for the hospitality on the Friday night/ early Saturday morning. I think I had a good time :confused: .
BTW, you,Cap, and the other Pocomo lads should have stayed on the SECOND floor like us Highlander boys. That's where all the soundproofing was. :p

Seabiscuit... errr... Stepchild, that was one of the worst coaching displays I've ever seen. It was great to go 0-3 and be the first team eliminated. I'd say don't give up you're day job, but of course you don't have one.

Guinness, you wanted to know you're whereabouts after 2:36 A.M. Sun. morning.You were with us inventing the infamous onside kick for our game at 8:30. You left at 2:41 while the rest of us carried on, finalizing the game plan at 7:10 A.M. We then banged on doors to awaken you and the other boys. After 20 minutes of this fruitless exercise we decided phoning the rooms made more sense. By 7:45 everyone was up except Jacko the Tank. Having been up all night, he decided to get some shuteye. He did exactly that for all of 37 seconds before being doused in baby powder. Silly bastard. We then were off to the park to lose again, this time to a "soccer" team from Alberta. Judging from you're perfomance, you probably don't remember that either :eek: . Cheers on the weekend.

Nutmegs, with the right pair of shoes a table, chair, and suger in the hair ensemble could catch on. Very fetching :cool: .

Downtown, top notch as usual along with Woodsy, Juice, Jacko, the Highlander regulars, and Pocomo Sam, who we had to adopt after his team skipped town on him ;) .

silverfoxfeelsforestfireisinthroatnotinkamloops

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders?

Lion I guess you showed everyone why you Lions are going to premier eh?

Balsa,
I am glad that the Rangers also showed why they are going to Premier. :rolleyes:
At least you showed us why the Highlanders are still div.1. ;)
whatever though right!?

I still can't beleive we lost all 3 games.:confused: On paper, we were supposed to win the thing! The whole team was Prem/div.1.
It must have been the coaching. :eek: :p

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhh the memories...

Another great weekend had by all.

Parkhead - I stopped you cold on that breakaway fair and square - stop your whining - plus the 5 seconds were up - the ref, Captain, confirmed this - so thanks for the beer. Too bad you you fellas missed the dance. I ran into Sammy and offered space at my hotel room for all of you guys that were kicked out. It's not as if I ever spent any time there other than to shower up....

The dance was great again, two deep bruises on my thighs from diving across tables as a human bowling ball at end of night. Then nearly got beaten up on the walk home - might have been because of the tattoos, no shirt, denim vest and lime green headband - someone maybe thought they were onto a gay-bashing. Me, Woodsy, and Sammy hailed down a cop cab (not a big fat fcuking one either) and I talked him into a drive back to hotel. Good laughs back at guinny's room covering nutmegs in crap. "Coffee mate goes great...". Yeah, maybe you'll get me back one day:rolleyes: From here, the select crew mentioned by silver fox went to Denny's - ordered up some pop, and then pulled out the bottle of vodka - breakfast of champs. The crew went back to exec inn and me and woodsy checked out of the Sandman and drove down to mackers hotel - they were kind enough to keep our alcohol needs going - then they went home, and by 9:30 am, we went to beer garden, collected my tent, and started the trek home at 9:50am - back in vancity by 1pm - have to remember to play the shits again next year so we can roll home with no traffic again. (note that time Parkhead - it beat yours baby - that's twice this weekend....)

K-vale 7 - glad to hear you did not take another penalty - the only way anyone will ever see the ball from your first one will be if the forest fires sweep into town and burn down the tree you launched it into;)

Stepchild - coaching career officially over......

Thank you to all parties who welcomed me into their rooms late at night....hospitality was amazing.

See you all next year:D

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's Official

Yes lads, Stepchild's been released. The papers were couriered this morning. Apparently George "Milhouse" Steinbrenner has struck again.
My press conference is scheduled for tomorrow.
The good news is that I am available for any team in the winter, perhaps my coaching will improve for the run at the cup, yes..... Kamloops! My other option is to play next year, I don't know what is worse (the cancer is back). Either way, the team I play with will not win!

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wanna carrot?

Come now Seabiscuit, why the long face ??

Besides, I think Parkhead could use some of your strategies on being the best defensive forward in soccer. He seems well on his way with his poor showing on the 35 yard breakaway....I see a coaching opportunity there....

:wa: :wa: :knvb: :knvb: :bronco: :bronco:

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loopy in kamloops

Try to imagine my amazment I arrive at Kamloops at 11:30 pm on the greyhound only to find LOSERS!:p Having lost both games that very day the boys looked distraught i couldn't beleive it.:(

But there was sunshine at the end of the storm cause out of the ashes emerged Downtown, Young Dave, Silver fox and some other valiant knights and we rode saturday night right to sundays 8:30 game.

The game was great, picking positions from a hat, highest ball, onside kicks. Pure brilliance. Thanks for the strategy Downtown. But all to a drunken losing cause.

The dance was the dance, strong turnout as always. Unfortunatley the coloured brother turnout was stronger then past years adding much extra challenge to my game.

The after dance Allouette sing along was wicked, (droopy droopy...) woodsie you rock you rascist bastard. I took your wallet for all the bashing :p

Sea biscuit I don't think the coaching was that bad i mean you left me out there the whole game. You know one of the only guys who drank all night didn't sleep and smoked a little wacky tabaccy before the game good call.:D

Downtown the last day we went looking for you in the beer garden and to our disapointment we didn't see you . So young dave took it upon himself to get absolutley sht faced and be the spill talker hekling on the side line. Lions and young dave shut that bitch down. Your my boy blue.

After a long drive back home with a passed out Young D me and lion finally pulled in to Delta at around 8:30.

I have spoken to the nomination panel and the following awards
were given:

Saunders - best appearence without really being there.
Sea Biscuit - Longest furlong
Young Dave - our MDA (Most like Downtown award)
Lion - Greasiest award
Juice - Best Iroc on the lot award
Jacko, Tim - tie for best goal
DOWNTOWN - Old school award showed the young guys how its done.
Downtown - Best drunken goalie award
Joalie the goalie - Best Mole
Guiness - best summersault during a game

Good show lads can't wait until next year where im coming up early to prevent a similar fate:cool:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Parkhead

Personal: SWM looking for coaching opportunity. Enjoys weekend walks inside Orange Fencing and late night drinking. Looking for long term relationship. Unemployed. Likes nothing. Dislikes everything. Not responsible at all and foolish with personal health.
Soccer Resume:
Coaching career record: 0-3-0
Coaching Goals For: 3
Coaching Goals Against: 7
Onside kick attempts completed: 0

Playing Record:
Years played: 24
Total Goals: 1
Total Frank J Selke trophies: 10
Total Maurice Richard Trophies: 0
Total Lady Byng Trophies: 0

Side note: Have been awarded the honor of being the 4th Brown (Downtown, Silver Fox, Graham(M.I.A))

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side Bar

Dear Parkhead, I forgot to add this to the above mentioned...........Most nicknames given to one individual. Apparently the newest nickname as provided by Downtown (as are 99.9% of the others) is Seabiskit.
Please respond if interested.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knight Rhider

Monday beer garden was just not in the cards. I did not feel like going to sleep after you guys left and we thought we could party right thru, but no one was awake or around after a few more hours and we just thought screw it, drive home. Besides, I did not think LION would show as it seemed the only reason he came to the beer garden for the FEW minutes he did was to try and move some really ugly italian team shirts that 'fell off a truck'........

Stepchild - the onside kick was complete. The other team was lost for 2 minutes after that. Don't sell yourself short.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stand Corrected

Yes Downtown, you are right. I believe I heard a cry of "what the Fcuk" from the left back when you sprinted up the field dressed in Bright orange while smoking a cig (kinda looked like a runaway CN train). His confusion was hightened as 9 guys sprinted down the field towards him. I have never seen a player run away, but our result was typical............ that of missing by inches. :eek:
By the way, how many Cig's did you smoke during the game?

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
pictures

ok, so I got my pictures back from the weekend and I already posted most of them, I think in the miscellaneous section? But I'm holding off on the nutmegs pictures for pure suspense (all I can think of when I look at them is 'Weekend at Bernie's 3') and I suspect that she may try to boycott me if I do post them. That's a chance I might have to take though.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post them, post them

I'm sure nutmegs will forgive all involved, so go ahead and post them. BTW, K-vale 7, you obviously are more accurate with a camera than PK - nice shots.:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice shots K.

Downtown, you da' long weekend, beer bashingnest, craziest getupest man... :D

PS. Bring on the Megs photots.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel so special!!

Wow so much interest in pictures of little ol' me.

You'd think I was naked in them or something. But hey maybe I am because god knows I have absolutely no clue what happened to me. :rolleyes:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taking up Coaching

If the position is still available for next year you can definetly throw my name into the hat. I will guarentee atleat1 win for you Delta boys. I have a fool proof plan that will work to perfection. First off Downtown you will be the starting goalie because if you can stop me supposably on a peno you must be the best around.:rolleyes: Whatever state you are in is fine with me. Secondly Stepchild will be playing next year to hopefully finally prove himself. Thirdly keep Silverfox out drinking all night again like this year and good things will happen. Finally I will not put myself into the game, clearly this is in the team's best interest. You guys already went 0-3 so you need to change it up. I am the man for the job.

BTW Downtown as a little incentive to hire me as the new Delta coach for next year, If hired I will gladly bring up your lovely shirt you left in my room before we were booted out. Could this be a coincidence are room gets booted out after a night with the infamous Downtown being present there.:eek: :confused:

If not hired though I will have to dye the the shirt green and white in honor of the champions.:D

Parkheadlikestheideaofcoachingnextyear.clearlyagoodcareermove

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parkhead

I'm innocent.....what kind of trouble could I cause.:confused:
Maybe they find out some Celtic supporters were in there, that would be good enough for most places I've heard of to toss you on your asses. BTW, good to see you working on the strategies for next year, keep in mind, we're going after the wreckreational title this time.

Tryouts...hmmm...anyone know of a beer garden this weekend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts