Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 MWSL Summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lookin' forward to sideline cooler parties...sunny days (yeah right) and playin' the game we live to play!!

seeyouonthepitch:wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIV2 NW Hyacks vs. NS Rebels Game....

First game of the year (with new players as usual) and we played like a pack of Div-4-never-played-soccer-girls.....

The Rebels ran around us and played us like fools until we scored the first goal in the first half (that shut them up fast).....

Second half I think we started to figure out how to play together and looked decent.

Our Keeper, Paws, did a great job in net (other team even complimented her in the hand shakes) saving our asses but somewhere in the late second half she dove and got her hands on a low ball but not quite far enough and the ball pushed through those hands just into the net tying the game 1-1.

So for a first summer game at 9pm at night with our team basically being new as we recruited so many new players we did well!

Spazz
Go Hyacks Go (Canoe-Bumpers to Stripper14)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canoe Bumpers

Sorry to disappoint but we have none on our team...... just a comment made by Stripper14 as no one knows what a "Hyack" is and they all associate it with a Kyack which they then refer to woman's anatomy....... it's long story

It's just a dumb New West team name that I can't convince my coach to change...... :mad:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags got pummelled first game

The setting: New Brighton
The Field: middle of the shin pad high...NOT KIDDING
The result: Jaguars 1 (goal scored by moi) and Rovers 4

We got a whoopin' and a bad one. The Shamrock Rovers are a good team, but I know it would have been a closer game if we weren't playing in a cow pasture (field was cut the next day):rolleyes:

The game was 1 - 1 after the 1st half and then the slaughter began with 3 unanswered goals by the Rover's!! :confused:
A complaint was sent to the League President re: field condition and an answer was heard, and it was not pretty!! The League put their tail between their legs and got it fixed FAST!!!

GO JAGS GO :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your picture of the field....

When you get that picture developed you should post it on here to prove how high the grass was.... (cause maybe some of us don't believe you.....) ha ha ha :p

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah

What Spazz is referring to is the fact that at one point during the slaughter, one of our girls "Kat" fell going for a ball, and I shti you not...we lost sight of her!! :eek:

So, after the game, I took a picture of her again laying in the grass and I am going to send it to the League as proof of the horrible conditions that we played in.

Hey...I realize that both teams played in it, but we are not a kick and run team, we like to pass, so this basically shut us down completely!! :mad: I will definately post the picture so you can all see it...it is killer!!

striker14 :wa:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stricker...

Look on the bright side, at least you weren't playing at needle park (Strathcona oval):rolleyes:

It's a nice beach setting down there so at least enjoy something;)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strathcona

I played there once and was SHOCKED when they asked us to search the entire field for needles! BRUTAL!

I was afraid to fall the rest of the game! :eek:

But that New Brighton field Stripper14 was talking about is a new field and you'd think they'd be up on maintenance??

But at least you guys get to play on grass...... for some reason every summer our team has a gravel home field! I hate gravel fields, especially in the summer.....

Can't slide in co-ed and now I can't slide as we're on gravel! :(

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Needles

Scary...

Our biggest concern that day was the large chunks of drift wood that had somehow got up and onto the field, and the only way you found it, was when you fell flat on your face from tripping over it.

New Brighton is a great field...just lazy Parks Board

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheap tactics

Originally posted by Spazz

Can't slide in co-ed and now I can't slide as we're on gravel! :(

Spazz, everyone knows that slidetackling is a cheap form of soccer, it's all about fitness lady, you should stay on your feet.:(

+Nowyouknowwhyidon'tplayinthelowerdivisions:rolleyes:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not about taking someone out....

The best slides are no contact........ a matter of the ball heading off the pitch and if I can't get there fast enough to take it up the field then I can at least slide to keep it in......

fitness can only go so far...... our team doesn't have subs for the backline so we play a full game...... gets a little tiring sometimes!

I'm not about sliding to wipe out the other players :rolleyes:
..... though some of them are out there.....

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought sliding was no tolerance?

Cause even if there's no one around and someone slides everyone starts whinning???

So I thought it was a simple rule of no sliding?

That would make life a little easier as I was chasing a ball down the pitch a few weeks ago and my check was coming fast and the ball was going off our goal line and I didn't bother to slide to keep the ball on the filed.... :(

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: cheap tactics

Originally posted by sexualchocolate

+Nowyouknowwhyidon'tplayinthelowerdivisions:rolleyes: [/B]

No, I am not quite sure why? Let us "lower division" people in on your "higher division" wisdom oh mighty sexual chocolate :rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I thought sliding was no tolerance?

Originally posted by Spazz
Cause even if there's no one around and someone slides everyone starts whinning???

So I thought it was a simple rule of no sliding?

That would make life a little easier as I was chasing a ball down the pitch a few weeks ago and my check was coming fast and the ball was going off our goal line and I didn't bother to slide to keep the ball on the filed.... :(
Over your heed.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: cheap tactics

Originally posted by striker14
oh mighty sexual chocolate :rolleyes:
:D

That's right striker

Throbby, how did you know Spazz was short like that?:eek:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ha ha ha....sexual chocolate

I should have read my response before sending it,eh? I am never gonna live that one down. :rolleyes:

seeyouonthepitch :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0