Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 MWSL Summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We just played Throbby's team

so now he can put a face to the person he DRIVES INSANE on here...... right?

Spazz

don'tknockthelittlepeopleorthesometimesslowpeople :D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Jaguars vs. Latin Pride

Well...this game should have been a blow out for the Jaguars as the Latin Pride had 1 chick who could actually carry and play the ball.

Jaguars went up 1 - 0 after striker14 "cracked" the ball from between the 18 yard box and the centre line and it went up and over the keeper who was too far out of her goal!! :p

Then Latin Pride got a free "direct" kick outside the 18 and the girl made no mistake and smacked it home.

Jaguars were runnin' around like crazy in our defending zone and the same girl deeked out our back line and our goalie who was flat out from the initial save, and hit the back of the net! Then the flood gates were opened and they popped another one in with about 10 mins. left and the game ended at 3-1 for Latin Pride.

We have a BYE next week, so we don't play until late May...we will keep you updated!!

seeyouonthepitch :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crash is livin up to the name.....

She's still rusty...... a little training and confidence and she'll be as good as she was...... what? Was that like 10 years ago now?? Damn it's been a long time!

Hopefully by Winter she'll be up to par.... if she's not injured by then! ha ha ha ha ha

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Crash is livin up to the name.....

Originally posted by Spazz
She's still rusty...... a little training and confidence and she'll be as good as she was...... what? Was that like 10 years ago now?? Damn it's been a long time!

Hopefully by Winter she'll be up to par.... if she's not injured by then! ha ha ha ha ha

She is doing great considering her injur(ies) and she hasn't played in a while...it is more confidence and self esteem than anything!!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paws is working on her.....

So it'll come back in no time.... especially getting trained by "the best" :D (Paws would feel so special if she saw this.....)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeps...

You talking about the one, the only, Div. 1 Breakers (who had their name long before the new Breakers):confused:

Striker, that Latin (gay) Pride team has had so many complaints in the summer league, I'm surprised that they still want to associate themselves with that name:rolleyes:

I agree Keeps, crap fields, crap league.:eek: The only good things about women's summer football are the tourneys (when you get to interact with the mens' teams). I will miss all of them dearly:(

+SC

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hyacks victory over Westside GSers

This game started out as bad as our last one with them at our net constantly......

We've got a ton of new players and are still trying to figure out how everyone plays.....

But we got it together and scored the first goal but with our team we give up right after we get a goal and they managed to get a crap goal tying it up.....

But the second hald we got our act together and out payed them and kept the rest of the game in their end. We managed to score a second goal (even though I had 5 shots on net that damn ball wasn't going to go in for me) and ended up winning 2-1.

Funniest part was the cheer at the end cause somewhere along the lines our Captian got their name wrong and yelled "3 cheers the the Geezers"...... we all died laughin in hysterics as it was an older team but their name was GS'ers (Goal scores we assume?) not Geezers...... :p

Spazz
stillmadnoneofthe5shotsfromthedefenderwentinthenet

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Keeps...

Originally posted by sexualchocolate

Striker, that Latin (gay) Pride team has had so many complaints in the summer league, I'm surprised that they still want to associate themselves with that name:rolleyes:

+SC

Really? They were a really lippy, chippy, ankle hacking team, so I am not surprised. I had to warn this one girl 2x that we were playing soccer, not tackle football!! :mad: They had a pretty tall quick chickie up front, but other than that...not great!!

What were the complaints?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheap tactics for sure...

All of the above mentioned have been the topic of complaints about Latin Pride. They have no pride when it comes to football whatsoever.

They only play in the summer league, which means there are various levels of players/experience on their own team. The Pride has some gals that can finish the ball, but, this makes it difficult for many lower division teams to compete with them. Every year they enter the same league, and seem to blow everyone away. (Personally I think they like it)

Some of the Pride's lower skilled girls really bring the team down (ie: fitness, poor skill) while the quality (maybe div. 1 or 2 quality) players sink down to cheap tactics.:mad:

I really wish someone responsible from the MWSL or from the discipline commitee would attend one of their games. I have yet to know if they have ever received a formal warning about their quality of play.:eek:

All I have to say is take care of yourself first, and of course your teammates when you get up against this team. It's not pretty, but until some disciplinary action has been taken, you can only be cautious.

+SCwhohascoachedagainstthenotsoPridePride:(

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks SC

I will make note of this, and I am not one to shy away from sending complaints to the League, as you probably heard from earlier threads, so I will keep that in mind.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hyacks vs Bby Canadians Storm

Damn crappy game... :mad: they scored a stupid goal from a corner and their forward back-peddled the ball thru one of our defenders (I was off and witnessed this fcuk up :rolleyes: ) wide-open legs....

Second goal was bad marking on the backline (I have no excuse that time except that it wasn't my check) which left the game at 2-0..... amazing though as we were all over them for the second half but we just couldn't get the ball in the net. :(

Oh well.... first loss of summer season.... it was bound to happen...... but next time we play those juvies (our sweeper was mumbling about all of them being young enough to be her kids) we're going to THROTTLE them! :D

Spazz
nogoodshotsonnetlikelastweek..... :(

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hyacks vs Bby Canadians Storm

Damn crappy game... :mad: they scored a stupid goal from a corner and their forward back-peddled the ball thru one of our defenders (I was off and witnessed this fcuk up :rolleyes: ) wide-open legs....

Second goal was bad marking on the backline (I have no excuse that time except that it wasn't my check) which left the game at 2-0..... amazing though as we were all over them for the second half but we just couldn't get the ball in the net. :(

Is there ever a game where you guys just get outplayed? ;)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope..... only that one.....

So far we've played great but those little twerps (appropriate as they were like 10 years younger.... even 20+ years younger than our sweeper!) out ran us!

I figured with new players & all that Div 2 would be a hard battle but so far it's not that much better than Div 3!

We play Meraloma B's (our fellow Beernut plays on that team) next Wednesday night at Adanac Park so hopefully we'll kick their asses! :D ...... and I'm glad Shannon's not playing cuz I hate playing people I know......

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game to watch

Vancouver Jaguars vs. Invivo FC (Div.2) :wa:

We are playing at 7:00pm at Adanac Park (Boundary & Adanac)

come if you please

striker14wears10...it'sadisguise :p

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry I can't make it...

but I expect full details:)

+SC
How did your league ever land the privilage of playing at Adanac? :confused:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adanac brought us NO LUCK....

Hyacks lost to the Meralomas B's 1-0 on Wednesday night....

It was a sad affair.....

I got there for the second half and was the only sub! We signed 20 women and only 11 can show? Some people need to get their priorities straightened out!

Meraloma's didn't score until middle of second half but they deserved it as they were paying a hell of a lot better than us! We were disgusting (and I heard it was worse in the first half :confused: ) so they ran around us for the remainder of the game and our Keeper managed to keep the ball out of the net!

And as for our fans (Stripper, Lips & Crash).... :mad: cheering for the other team...... :rolleyes: YOU'RE NOT INVITED ANYMORE! :mad: WANKERS! :p

Spazz

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Adanac brought us NO LUCK....

And as for our fans (Stripper, Lips & Crash).... :mad: cheering for the other team...... :rolleyes: YOU'RE NOT INVITED ANYMORE! :mad: WANKERS! :p

Spazz

ha ha ha...as we say...YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL!! I thought you guys played well, but unfortunately, they got a good goal and that was that...but anyways, there is no telling you otherwise once you are set on your decision that you guys didn't play well...remember, this is SUMMER!!! :p

Anyways...JAGUARS vs. INVIVO FC

Good game...we were down 2-0 in the first 15 mins. when Invivo was swarming our half of the field. Then...the skies opened up and Jaguars answered with 3 goals to end the first half 3-2.

Second half...we were up 4-2 when Invivo got another goal from my (striker14) horrible goal kick that went right to an Invivo player who chipped it to her other player who sunk it in our net. Our girls answered with 2 more goals and the game ended 6-3!

Our Ref was absolutely HORRIBLE!! He called about 30 offsides ( I ain't kiddin' ) and gave a girl on Invivo a RED card :eek: when clearly it was not an intentional take down and our girl was not even hurt on the play! He was a joke!!

Anyways...weather was cookin' and the pitch was mowed...Jaguars were happy campers :D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that you reminded me...

Adanac could have used a mowing!

but I can't blame my "little breakaway and then bail on the ball" on the pitch cause I did it again last night....

..... I'm thinking that too much "schtoooon" has screwed with my foot/ball/dribbling coordination.... :(

And I heard Crash has yet ANOTHER injury (she's on a roll with 1 a game!)..... finger may be broken?? Hope it's not the middle one.....

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Now that you reminded me...

And I heard Crash has yet ANOTHER injury (she's on a roll with 1 a game!)..... finger may be broken?? Hope it's not the middle one.....

Yes...another injury. Like her nose, we'll be hearing about this one for the next 10 years ;) :D I know for a fact that it is not broken...she would have been in FAR more pain, and plus, she was able to play the whole rest of the game and did GREAT!! :wa: I am sure it is a sprain...it looked a bit swollen, but nothing out of control. She could still lift a beer bottle after the game, and that is all that matters, right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0