Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Predictions - Men's Provincial Cup Semi's

Who will win these games?

• Peg vs.

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Inter vs.

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • PAU

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team's going to the WHACK! Is this a home game for PAU? ;)

SEMI-FINALS--2003-05-03/03

Pegasus FC vs Surrey United, Saturday at Chilliwack

ICSF Inter vs Peace Arch, Sunday at Chilliwack

I will be on the FVSL bandwagon for the rest of my life if PAU pulls this off. I'm hoping for it, but I really don't think it'll happen. Sorry guys, I just don't. Inter has way to much fire power up in the middle plus they have the Benji factor, I don't think any of the PAU backs can hang with him for 90, even Puller.

Inter 4 PAU 1

As for Peg - Slurrey match, I like the way we match up against them and fancy our chances. I'm betting it'll be a game much like the first two we played. May the best mucker win or in Regs case, Plonker.

Surrey 2 Peg 1

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will take Inter 2-0. Slurrey 2-1 win on Peno's.

Won't be going to watch way the Fcuk out there!! Good luck to the teams.

Parkhead

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
deja vu all over again

nice to see Westside get knocked out of the provincials, again, without losing a game.

wonderful!

prediction:

peg v inter....and i pick Peg to win, i dont know why

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: deja vu all over again

Originally posted by simon
nice to see Westside get knocked out of the provincials, again, without losing a game.

Come on Simon, if you can't finish a team like Slurrey in regulation time or OT, then you deserve your fate in PK's.
Ya it is tough, that PK's decides who goes on in Cup play, but if you can't finish a team off, then thats the way it gets decided.

Did they miss Olie that much, mabey you should have come back for Cup;) , Curling is over now.

HOS

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
playing was not an option for me. not in any shape to play anyway. and i was not able to attend the game, like most this year.

as far as the result, i suppose your argument is valid, i know from being on the losing end of a PK result (twice to Indo in 1999) that it is a very hard pill to swallow. it would be nice, however remote, to find a better way to end the game.

even though i was not involved in the game, i feel the pain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought I was going to have to hit you with a sledge hammer to get a response out.
I know the officials check studs and jewelry before the match for starting players but I had no idea that those on the bench were allowed foreign objects.

In my opinion, BC Soccer should look into ammending the bylaws for this.

Going for a run,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
missed that the first time

Come on Simon, if you can't finish a team like Slurrey in regulation time or OT, then you deserve your fate
A team like Slurrey??? HOS, would you care to expand on that?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
prediction

Inter 4- Pau 1

Surrey 1 Peg 0 PK's

KNVB
Sit on this geeger!

repeat of our Imperial Cup Battle!!!
Inter over Surrey!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucy, You have some Explaining

Originally posted by knvb
A team like Slurrey??? HOS, would you care to expand on that?

What LIKE meant, was that Slurrey is a very low scoring team, even though they had the Golden Boot winner, and that they rely on their keeper and/or defence to keep them in games. Slurrey has had one of the Lowest GA's for the last few years, even with Smiles there;) .

With that said, if you don't take advantage of your chances and score, then you deserve what ever result you get in PK's.

Glad to see PAU has a home game in Chillawack this weekend, it will only be a 45 minute drive, instead of the long 50 minutes for Inter.
What Hotel are the Peg boys staying at on Sat. night Regs?
Lock up your daughters, Peg is coming to town.

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1.

<-- This bird said so... OK, I lied... like I actually heard a word she said :rolleyes:

Roll on Peg,

~Regs.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's final. Surrey 4 - 1 Peg

Just got a looooooooooooong distance call from knvb. He wants to know if someone can come pick him up.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, that is quite a lump-ing for a provincial semi-final. Just think Sandman, you guys TTP out of Surrey United in the Imperial Cup game.....:eek: ;)

Congratulations to all the Surrey United players on the site, and the other ones I guess......

KNVB,

I'll be there in about 1 1/2 hours. Where abouts are you?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain we were at some bar where team mullet where also celebrating. It must have been the first time a Surrey team weren't the biggest hicks in the place. The game actually ended 4-1. A cracker until half with Surrey scoring early, about 10 mins. in and Peg scoring at about the 35 min mark from an nice individual effort by Regs to clatter the shite out of Smiles and have the loose ball bounce to an open bunny and an even more open net. We regained the lead with about 3 minutes left before half on a fantastic build up and even better finish by Clayton Dobbin. Peg brought Steve London out of exile for the match. Where the hell has he been? Should have left him there. I don't think he made a save. Peg did own the majority of the pressure in the first though but we countered very well as it looked like Peg were sending everyone forward.We could have been up 3 or 4 in the first had I not have shite the bed twice. I blame it on my 9th concussion of the year from what I think was an elbow to the back of the head mid-way through the first. From what I think was an elbow to the back of the head mid-way through the first. We could have been up 3 or 4.....

Second half Peg were finished. They really seemed to be bagged. Fitness was a big key for our win today, and for our success last week too. Off to Victoria, to play either the Wops or PAU. COME ON PAU. :D

Captain, I'm waiting. 3rd ditch on your left. No, your other left.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Knvb and the rest of Surrey team. Good luck in Victoria next week. Chilliwack and then Victoria could they make the teams travel any further?

Parkhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0