Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Predictions - Men's Provincial Cup Semi's

Who will win these games?

• Peg vs.

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Inter vs.

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • PAU

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good match

Cograts to Inter on the result, but I'm still a little bitter. I thought we deserved a better fate. The missed break away, the missed sitter just before your winner, and the shot from Grieves that hit your defender in the nuts on the goal line, all could have got us the win.
The othe Semi was a laffer, I can't believe Regs thinks surrey was lucky. I would have asked the man at the gate for my 5 dollars back, but I figured Yuk Yuks has a five dollar cover and I had way more laffs watching Regs and his almighty VMSL Pegasus get there asses handed to them. I can't believe thats the side your allways flapping your gums about. I can't decide wich was funnier, the state of your back line, your awful shiney pirate kit, or Regs trying to play center mid, or the other Vmsl pom pom queen KNVB trying to impersonate a striker. Shocking:mad: If KNVB had any finish at all it would have been 7 to 1, Knvb, thats the kind of sevice strikers dream of.Obviously both of your coaches saw it the same way I did because you were both yarded of the pitch at half. Knvb, Doesn't your wife wash enuff poopy pants? she must have been some pissed when she found yours wrapped in plastic at the bottom of your kit bag, they must have been well soiled after the fourth time you shat your pants.
Honestly there is only three lads on Peg I would have on my side, Bunny, Costley, and Cellebrini. The rest are one of the following, old, slow,fat, or grossly out of shape, or bald. Some are all of the above:D Regs your view of my roomates goal is just like your view of how good your team is, clouded, and from the bench. I just showed Dobbs, and he still hasn't stopped laffing. What you should do is get a road map, find your way down to Newton Athletic park, and beg Roy for some youth players, and some new kit:wa:
Predictions.....The Fraser Valley animals Surrey United are going to hammer inter in the final, Knvb won't play except for tokentime,
The unsilent majority strikes again:eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and you've won how many championships?

Cainy,

You're a fcuking loser. :mad:

No way did KNVB play as poorly as you make it out.

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't listen to them, KNVB. We are looking forward to you joining our club next year in our quest for promotion. Seriously.

Has a FVSL team ever won a provincial cup? Seriously. I'm not TTP.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy

When Inter beat Surrey, again, you will be changing your tune to:
"well, we were one goal from beating the eventual Provincial Cup Champions....one goal."

Also, I would still take any VMSL team over your squad....even HOS and Khalsa:eek:
How about a PEG/PAU Consolation Match?

KNVB,
i told you this is turning out to be a repeat of the Imperial final a few years back....

just trying to stir the pot a little, super pippo

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really, how do you feel?

Nice cainer. Thanks for stirring up my muddy water. Ever have a bad game mate? Ever try to continue on after getting K'd on the park?What am I saying? Of course you have, you're the greatest unsung hero in Surrey United history aren't you? Do me a favor, please ask your forwards where they bringing their "poopy" pants for cleaning. My machine is broken.

Congratulations on your two provincial wins this season. I'm sure it's a positive going into next year when you play them 4 more times.

BTW, your roommate gets amused by the chicken egg machine at K-mart. Now that's a 'laff'.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What have yo done lately?

I'm not back pedaling here, I know you guys are both good players, but after listening to your spew all year about how crap we are and how superior you are, it was great to be able to put an iso cam on both of you in the same game. I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation, waiting with baited breath for a display of VMSL quality. What I witnessed was Regs breathing out of his ass after 20 mins, and KNVB loseing complete control of all bodily functions:D
I got your hero sandwich poopy pants:wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, the "holier than thou" thing. That's so regular season. Now really Cainy, if you can't keep up, best not to join in at all. Ask Regs. :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, the "holier than thou" thing.
That is too funny. Talk about little man syndrome... get over yourself Cainy, you were never good enough anyways :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL not champs

Originally posted by silver fox
Several Final appearances

Does Several = ONE in the Valley. I think the only time I have seen a Valley team in the Final was Slurrey U. back in the mid-90's vs. Fireman, and they were approved for the VMSL based on that performance.

HOS

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Head Of Stone:

People talk pre-1995 on these threads FYI.
I know you were playing Div. 6 Bronze in the late '80s but yes football was played before you played men's soccer.

;)

Coquitlam Celtics I know did it one year in the late '80s - early '90s I think.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right RF. The year was 1989 give or take a year. Coquitlam Celtics lost in P.K.'s to Westside (who might have still been Miloni (sp?) at that point).

silver"archive"fox

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Surrey Now.

Three out of four ain't bad

Scott Stanfield

Three Surrey United soccer teams are heading to the provincial finals while the Peace Arch United men's side narrowly missed a trip to the provincials in semifinal action on the weekend.

Fraser Valley league champion Peace Arch lost a thrilling overtime match to Vancouver's Club Inter Sunday in Chilliwack.

Down one-nil in the first half, Peace Arch forward Moe Mahjoub sent the game into extra time by scoring the tying goal with 20 minutes left in regulation play.

Peace Arch had a chance to end things in the second leg of overtime when they had the ball inside Club Inter's six-yard box, only to have the Vancouver side storm back and score the golden goal.

Peace Arch was without key defenders Brett Jeffrey and Ron Dirkson, which forced player/coach Mike Cain to switch centre forward Mark Avery to the back line.

"It was a tough loss, but our side sure played well," Cain said. "It was so close. The guys are a bit disappointed, but at the same time proved something about the Valley league (as compared to the Vancouver Metro Soccer League)."

This weekend's B.C. final pits Club Inter against Surrey United, who beat North Shore Pegasus 4-1 in the other semifinal in Chilliwack.

United opened the scoring early when midfielder Cory Janzen pounced on a defensive miscue and beat Pegasus keeper Steve London from close range. The North Shore side battled back and tied the game in the 30th minute after a scramble in United's penalty area.

Surrey scored a second goal before half-time when Clayton Dobbin converted a pass from Janzen, who added two more goals in the second frame to seal the victory and win player-of-the-week.

"Cory has been at the top of his game lately," coach Martin Foden said. "With three goals and an assist - what can you say?"

In Master's action, defending provincial champion Surrey United beat Total Marine Celtic in another 4-1 victory Sunday at Cloverdale Athletic Park.

Like last weekend, United striker Murray Howes opened the scoring on a header to give Surrey the lead at half time. Howes again found the back of the net with another header early in the second. Celtic struck back halfway through to make things interesting, but United finished off their rival with tallies from Kelly Bey and Brian Cuthbert, who scored on yet another header.

Surrey faces Vancouver's Columbus in the final Saturday at Coquitlam Town Centre. The game will be a rematch of the 2001 final, which Surrey won.

Another defending B.C. champion - Surrey United men's under-21 team - also won their semifinal, beating Sikh Temple 3-2 in a rematch of last year's B.C. final.

Striker Craig Riley gave Surrey a 1-0 lead 40 seconds into the match. Sikh Temple tied it up at the 30-minute mark, but Surrey regained the lead eight minutes later with another marker from Riley, who volleyed a cross from full-back Matt Osborne, who also assisted on the first goal.

United struck again at the start of the second half on a goal from Jordan Gibbs. The visitors made it 3-2 with about five minutes remaining on the clock, but the Surrey squad hung on for the win. They face Westside in Saturday's final at Coquitlam following the master's game.

Surrey United's hope of making it four for four were dashed when the women's side lost 6-1 to the Burnaby Canadians.

"It's the second year we got three out of four," Foden said. "I'm really proud of all our teams and what they've accomplished."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0