Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 AMSL Crap and Gossip...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragoons 3 - 1 Buddha

The Dragons swept aside another obsticle on the way to the coveted Co-ed championship last night. But it wasn't easy. Buddha must have hit around 4 posts/crossbars. They had no luck. We, on the other hand are so good, luck just goes with the territory. Three first half goals were more then Buddha could take.

It was a rather pacey game. Very quick with crisp passing, dashing runs and bone jarring hits. The Dragons are keeners now you see. We WANT the trophy. We WANT to dethrone the YG's. We WANT really cool Co-ed Champion T-shirts.

I guess we play the Carts now on Thursday night.

The YG's vs. Cheatside game is intriguing. Where does that one happen?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lionheart said:
What happened with the Buddha, Goons game. Or are they all still at the pitch working on their hangover for work tomorrow???
Not really, but definitely home late! (1am :rolleyes: )

As for Throbby, you're sounding like the Park Ranger and giving your team a bad name. I want to be in the beer garden at the Caribbean Days festival Sunday instead of pulling out the passport (yet again) to venture to far away territories.

Throbby and I must be getting the 'furthest travelled to get here' awards this year :mad:

+SC

BTW, We could most likely catch the first half of the Cheaters on our way to fcuk hike Port Moody :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It wasn't easy making the Dragons look good last night. We wouldn't have been able to field a full team on Thursday anyways, so our best option was to give just enough effort to make it look like we were trying to win, but still give it to them. I thought we did a good job, no?
With your goals being few and far between, i figured you'd at least mention that you scored TR.
Game was very fast, personally i thought it was a very skilled game and a hell of alot of running too. It could easily gone the other way if we had hit the net tonight instead of the post/crossbar, or if our keeper and defense were on the same page. I think all in all it was a clean game except for the nick on Notty's shinguard that he whined about. ;).

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have posted sooner but I shattered my computer monitor screen by tossing darts at the two drunk YG Inc. deserters who are in the pic with SC.
Everyone makes a choice when it comes down to it. I guess I was just the better choice that evening :eek:

Too bad we all couldn't play at the same park Thursday, the after gathering would be nice! BTW, thanks to Zues, we won't be able to finish off our weekly cooler quota now that we play at Port Moody turf... :eek: ;)

+SCwithachingpains :(

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC you are right about choices,but we all know alcohol clouds are judgement and makes us all do things we regret
Everyone makes a choice when it comes down to it. I guess I was just the better choice that evening
I would say by your new avitar that a few people must have had there beer goggles on!! :D As for sunday,remember your saying about choices,if you guys do win on thursday,you don't have to be there you could still choose to go to Caribbean days!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure I'll be fitting both events in this Sunday's schedule. It also sounds like some Y-Guns gals have chosen another venue for Sunday...sorry to hear :( .

+liketheConductor,SCisallaboutbadchoices :D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 'nuts won in PK's tonight against Cosmos :D One more to go! ;)

Tough game! Striker14 actually got the ball in the net on the 1st PK :eek: :) and then almost everyone on both teams went through the PK's until "Eastwood" HIT THE POST!!!!!!!! :p

Guess we're up against Union Jackers.... and keep the Prez outta our beer! :eek: :D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say either SC wants to be a YG or she's just just excited to keep her avitar with two good looking guys,which is unusual for her??As for tonighs rec semi,I must admit it was a great game to watch with big Herb up to his usual calls!!The game went to 8 pks with Beernuts winning!!!I'll add everyone scoring but the guys on pk's.These teams know the true party mode though with about 50 people joining in the after festivities of boozing and scmoozing and both teams together doing the drinking!! :D I'm looking forward to partying with both these teams up in Vernon, as they truly know the meaning of co-ed soccer and having fun!!As for SC's point
It also sounds like some Y-Guns gals have chosen another venue for Sunday...sorry to hear
That's cause if you can't beat the system work with it!!YG men players are looking for free drinks at Caribbean Days and seeing as you asked them to work(YG GALS) well you are playing in the finals we thought we would let the systewm work for us!!

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Guess we're up against Union Jackers.... and keep the Prez outta our beer! :eek: :D

Yeh that will happen right after we solve world hunger, end all wars and Young Guns are voted the most popular team in the league.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
seeing as you asked them to work(YG GALS) well you are playing in the finals we thought we would let the systewm work for us!!
They have a PCL game in Seattle or the interior or something like that :rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
These teams know the true party mode though with about 50 people joining in the after festivities of boozing and scmoozing and both teams together doing the drinking!! :D I'm looking forward to partying with both these teams up in Vernon, as they truly know the meaning of co-ed soccer and having fun!!

Yes we do know how to party...WHAT A GAME :D :D :D
Spazz...you know my goal was a BEAUTY :p

The "boozing and schmoozing" was fabulous...we flew through 63 beers and 8 shmirnoff's, and then the Artuso sisters kicked it into 6th gear by bringin' us 2 more flats, so a grand total of 111 BREWSKIES It was a good party!!
Thanks to all that came and watched...and drank...and drank...and drank some more!!

FINALS...Gates Park...12:00pm...TURF FIELD...be there!! :wa:

striker14

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
FINALS...Gates Park...12:00pm...TURF FIELD...be there!! :wa:

striker14

Striker, no offense, but my money is on the UJs only because our drunk president let it be known numerous times that the UJs could win the competitive side if they tried.

Apparently, STD has booked Gates Turf at 4PM as well so that the winner of the UJ/Nuts game can play the winner of the YG/BDGC match.

Kudos to the Cheatsiders tonight. The score was not indicative of the play. They could have quit when we were up 4-1 in the 2nd half but they scored and were unlucky not to tie it up. We scored some late transition goals when the Cheatsiders were pressing, thus making the score a lot uglier than it really was.

They were also missing quite a few key players, like Skinner, Marco, and most notably, Jimmy Holliday. Their keeper played well today, but Marco not being there definitely changed the dimension of the game.

I truly didn't think we'd get past them after the butt kicking we got from them last time. The final vs BDGC should be a tryhard classic. Hopefully we'll be able to get 4-5 girls out. Some of our guy players also have commitments in other leagues. We also have to worry about our drunk deserter brothers getting lost in another beer garden with SC and her crew.

Most importantly, I will go on the record and state that YG Inc. is in NO WAY going to purchase "Championship" shirts, hats, key chains and/or posters and have them prepared before or after the match!

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the two finalists....Try hard. :D :D :D

All jokes aside...another great season for all involved. Always a good time! Thanks to the organizers and of course all the Dragons!!! Grrrrrrrrrr.... See ya next year.

~Notty

PS...Dave Budda Mucker...godda say your lucky this is only co-ed! :rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note, I just stopped twice on the way home to puke...This is from the nausea I'm feeling from the pain in my leg. All this after 2 Ibuprofans and gingerale. (No not pregnant :mad: )

I find it all ironic that it was the same team, same girl who ran into me and sent me off twice this season. The first injury was (still are) bad ribs, taking me out for 4 co-ed games and 4 womens' summer games. The second injury has not been determined, due to the fact that I can't see a doctor until tomorrow.

I'm glad that I don't play 'serious' :rolleyes: footy in lower divisions otherwise I think I would continue to be checked head-on with two feet up. What a fricken joke, have some control. :mad:

Thanks for coming out everyone...:rolleyes:

YG, watch out for your legs, arms (like the claw marks left in my shoulder) and for someone's sake I hope you have decent reffing (calling fairly both ways). Take care and BRING your CARE CARDS to the field!

Rant over
+SC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't worry, SC, things will be okay tomorrow in the parking lot of the dyke. On a side note.......I'm off to bed now. Unlucky to all the co-ed losers and congrats the rest of you who just take this whole thing WAYYYYYYY TOO SERIOUSLY.

Can you see a happy Hun? Nooooooooo Nooooooooo

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I must admit I agree with 911 the score flatters YG.A converted touchdown to a safety in favour of YG's,to those of you who don't watch football I'm sorry!!Myself I honestly thought our time of winning was up tonight.As for the Captain's comment
Unlucky to all the co-ed losers and congrats the rest of you who just take this whole thing WAYYYYYYY TOO SERIOUSLY.
I agree with the seriously part,but at the same time,who plays to lose??Be it cards,drinking games,ching chang push losing sucks!!Lets all be honest with each other we all want to have fun and socialize with each other but know one should like to lose.Heard rumours about Dragons and BDGC being a little intense in the game??Well the positive out of this is, SC doesn't need to bring out her passport for sunday's final and can now go to her Caribbean days !!:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I ever wanted to do was play in a Co-ed final. Once again the forces of tryhardness have deprived me of that joy. How can I go on?

Riinnnnnnnnnngggggggg.....rrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnngggggggggg.......Kids helpline. Are you there?

:(

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Striker, no offense, but my money is on the UJs only because our drunk president let it be known numerous times that the UJs could win the competitive side if they tried.

Apparently, STD has booked Gates Turf at 4PM as well so that the winner of the UJ/Nuts game can play the winner of the YG/BDGC match

Most importantly, I will go on the record and state that YG Inc. is in NO WAY going to purchase "Championship" shirts, hats, key chains and/or posters and have them prepared before or after the match!

I have already engraved Union Jackers name on the Rec. trophy because we felt having shirts made up wouldn't be ****ey enough and in fact I went one step further and had our name engraved on next years competitive trophy.

I never booked the field but if it it's there lets kick some try hard butts or just drink ourselves silly.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0