Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Masters Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
ah yes toes...perhaps I should say if there is only one left after this weekend...unless of course SU get a reprieve a la canucks in the last few moments... :rolleyes:
but then again that didn't do them much good now did it?
Can you imagine a better win than beating SU later on after such dramatic circumstances?..I shudder to think of such a thing. :D

amgettingalittleaheadofmyselfhere

Once upon a time there was a club named Surrey United.....they got a second chance.... :eek:

well Aves not too far ahead :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bigtoes said:
Once upon a time there was a club named Surrey United.....they got a second chance.... :eek:

game on at Cloverdale...10:00 am Sunday
I'm guessing the boys have been quiet on here mainly because its a touchy situation with mixed emotions...advancing by protest...but they make the consequences harsh to ensure the rules are followed. Unfortunate for Vic since there was no intent to deceive.

So let's go SU, and make the most of this chance. :)

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that has to be a special moment,

Slurrey u actually loses the match but yet gets to protest because of an uneligible player. Which turns out to be a misundestanding or miscommunication within the league. Now let's turn the table. Appreciate this for what it is and take your lumps like men and accept the fact that you were not the better team on this day and allow victoria to move forward. No way !! For the fact that you could not accept that you lost in the first place.
Most teams are aware that surrey U are a force to be reckoned with but it is results like this that will question their character. Enjoy your second chance!!Even if you lose again you may hopefully find a reason to move on!!

Pipes
Peg/oldboy forever

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
pipes said:
Now that has to be a special moment,

Slurrey u actually loses the match but yet gets to protest because of an uneligible player. Which turns out to be a misundestanding or miscommunication within the league. Now let's turn the table. Appreciate this for what it is and take your lumps like men and accept the fact that you were not the better team on this day and allow victoria to move forward. No way !! For the fact that you could not accept that you lost in the first place.
Most teams are aware that surrey U are a force to be reckoned with but it is results like this that will question their character. Enjoy your second chance!!Even if you lose again you may hopefully find a reason to move on!!

Pipes
Peg/oldboy forever

Spare us the holier than thou morality play...who's to say what impact the ineligible player may have had in the game? Fact is, when you win with an ineligible player your team performance/win is tainted...it ain't squeeky clean.

Mudsling all you want...once again, that is the harsh consequence that punishes teams that play ineligible players...if you are saying any challenge to a result with an illegal player is somehow dishonourable then there's a long list of players and teams that you might want to slag.

Since you've been playing forever are you sure you and some of your oldboys wouldn't be on that list?:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
aves said:
Spare us the holier than thou morality play
Give me a fcuking break :rolleyes: Look in the mirror, it's all you've ever done on TTP...

~Regs.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Give me a fcuking break :rolleyes: Look in the mirror, it's all you've ever done on TTP...

~Regs.

just checked...a little grey coming in but definitely no halo!

off to swim with the kiddies...ttp morality lessons in the walnut grove hot tub in 1 hr :)

go SU

Aves...the ttp conscience :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the 7-0 SU win over Norvan today and it could have been a few more...not in the same league.
I heard these guys won their league...I also heard that they couldn't play a few underage regulars which I'm sure was a factor today.

Also heard PAU beat Surrey Firemen 1-0, so we have a classic re-match of the valley boys, the last game being a close SU win in the league cup final.

SU has traditionally had their number, but PAU did look stronger than SU in the second half of the cup final a few weeks ago...should be a great semi-final.

Could this be the time Toes?

That's the report from up here on my high horse. ;)

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
Saw the 7-0 SU win over Norvan today and it could have been a few more...not in the same league.
I heard these guys won their league...I also heard that they couldn't play a few underage regulars which I'm sure was a factor today.

That about sums it up, when you are missing 4 out of 5 of your top goal scorers, it does make a difference. As a league we decided to allow "underage" players to get some of the better talent out there who no longer want to play metro, but not yet old enough for play in the other masters leagues that do not allow underage players. The smaller players pool here in North Van, and the North Vancouver Rec. Commission insisting we carry 75 percent North Vancouver players on our rosters also affected our decision.There is a price to pay for doing that, however, as was seen in the SU/Norvan game. It is my understanding that all those players will be 35 for next year, we can see then if it makes a difference.

lupoman

lupomannotwhiningjustexplaininglifeinthenscl

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
other scores:

Paddlewheeler 2-1 Vic West (penalty shots)
Club Inter 1-0 Columbus (extra time)

means there will be a new provincial champ this year.

Semi Finals (both games on Saturday, May 1st):

Surrey United vs Peace Arch United @ Adanac SW 12pm
Paddlewheeler vs Club Inter @ Adanac SW 2:15pm

Lupoman's whining - he didn't win in Squamish yesterday, either :p :D

stew:cool:

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Lupoman's whining - he didn't win in Squamish yesterday, either"

I'm not whining, we never win up there :rolleyes: ......however, I was still in the beer garden at 6pm on Sunday, where were you? :cool:

lupoman

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PA-1
SCFF-0

What can I say we out played them in every aspect of the game. We where on the day a much superior team to our SCFF opponent.... :D

Well, now that the bullshite is finished here's a brief summary of what really happened out there last weekend....Any hump watching would have thought for sure that the Firefighters where not only winning but going onto the semi-finals with ease. PA for the second week played quite a terrible game (maybe it's the system??? I know I hate it...6-2-1 or something like that anyway....enough..back to the report. :eek: ) Well, SCFF carried the game and worked extremely hard and not to get the result was very frustrating. The pressure SCFF put on in the last 15 minutes of the game was tremendous, but they couldn't finish? :confused: Credit our defense, good old JP (the leagues worst dress keeper) and a goal post or two for the win, Oh Yeah! and one jammy goal against the run of play. :D Yep, the SCFF may have deserved this one for a change, but we'll take it :) ....even if old Shuey thinks I was treating him and SCFF in a condescending manner, which I was not, period! :mad: Happy too win, FCUKIN right!!! Did we play well? FCUK NO! Has any other team ever won when they have played poorly? YEP! (I think even the SCFF, SU et al can claim a couple of jammy victories) Should we carry on? better FCUKIN believe it! What does all this mean? Surrey United in the semi Finals next weekend and one more chance for redemption...

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
:eek: Bigtoes :eek:

That's one of the first honest reports I read on this forum. :bronco: Good luck to you guys next weekend,hope you can break the hex Slurrey has on you.You better make sure all your players are eligible....wouldn't want to win only to find the other team has launched a protest because they couldn't put the biscuit in the basket :wa:

As for our pals Columbus...league play doesn't matter in the BC's and so much for a repeat.

Enjoy the week boys!

Cheers! :D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The day of redemption slowly approaching.... :cool:

PA vs SU - Final saga - Saturday - Noon Kickoff - Adanac Park Bby

bring your shin pads..... :mad:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ever closer to the big day!

Heard BullyB was gonna stud Mr House in warm up prior to their Summer League game tonite in Langley :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bigtoes said:
Happy too win, FCUKIN right!!! Did we play well? FCUK NO! Has any other team ever won when they have played poorly? YEP! (I think even the SCFF, SU et al can claim a couple of jammy victories) Should we carry on? better FCUKIN believe it! What does all this mean? Surrey United in the semi Finals next weekend and one more chance for redemption...

sounds like both SU and PAU have gingerly made their way to the semis :) ...not that there's anything wrong with it. :cool:

Should be a memorable match...full of a number of head to head rivalries at many positions...god knows you've seen enough of each other.

I was hoping to capture some of the action and relay some highlight pics, but alas, I am delinquent in renewing my premium status and have lost all privileges of the higher ranks of ttp.

Despite having lost my ttp peerage I'll arrive on my gallant steed and snap away...and if I get a good shot of a toes/balls tackle, I'll request special dispensation to post the grim image whilst my cheque is in the mail.

hoping to one day return to the upper class,
your humble servant,

Aves

:D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jordy said:
Toes ,sounds like your ready to explode with excitement. :eek: ****, that we be a mess!!

your my first victim :D

I'll be listening to the HIP on the way to Adanac Park - workin myself up into a frenzy....

I'll have to have a shower and shave if Aves is gonna be takin pics of this epic battle :wa:

See ya in at the park neighbour ;)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
:confused:
Well....Come on come on....who's it to be in the FINAL???
Nobody see the games today?
Waiting........................................

Cheers! :bronco: :bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0