Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Men's Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-0 Peg for sure!
Celabrani with 2 and young Steadman with the first.
According to some, it was a piss taking? :rolleyes:

Well done Peg, and congatulations Regs!!!!

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if i would call it a piss-taking, but westside definately didn't get much going up front, other than a weak header of a post from a corner, there wasn't much else other than a couple high balls in the area that the peg keep cleaned up easily....all 3 goals were good finishes, and no real controversy other than the ref bringing too much attention to himself....only thing that i can think of is that the peg keep should have been red-carded for the elbow he threw, but the two westside players that fell on him should have been carded as well

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got the call from Sarge in the Beer Garden, sounds like all kinds of fun, even talked to SC, she said she was looking forward to the ride down Oak St. to Co-ed later, with red socks on. 3-0, not even close, look out
Roxy here comes Peg, let hope they don't lose the Cup like the Slurrey United Girls did :eek: , was I supposed to let that out. Well done boys, now the big question, are Peg taking the Provincial Cup to West Van. next year, is it going to Slurrey, or is it staying right at home in Kinsmen?

Did Swangard see the Move tonight?
HOS, wish I was there, Life is Life, na na na na na.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
even talked to SC, she said she was looking forward to the ride down Oak St. to Co-ed later, with red socks on.

Crap, that was you? Sorry the cell phone cut you off, or was it Regsi?

I wasn't paying much attention to the actions on the field today/evening, only to those around me (with red socks). The highlight of this great May 15, 2004, was the delivery of 2 Panago pizzas to Swangard Staduim.

Congrats to Peg, you guys looked good. Westside, I was with you my 'peeps', until Besty left the game. Thatta boy coach, way to stir it up on the pitch! ;)

+homewaytooearlySC :(

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW. that's back to back two Surrey teams taking home the Prov Cup. :rolleyes:

How was the atmosphere playing at swangard last evening Regs?
In your opinion, is it better to play it there and be the pre lim to a Cap game,
or should it be at a different venue where only people coming out, are there to see just the B C final. Just curious about the venue?

Once again cheers to all the Peg boys, and Mr Hand Of God.Terrific season!

Unlucky Smallsy and Besty, people said without Ollie you guys would not be the same team. I beg to differ, you came up one game short from an already great season. Well done boys on another fantastic season. Top Notch!

Coach.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks coach.
obviously a disappointing result yesterday. i think we can hold our heads up after a good cup run beating some quality squads along the way. no wicksy or jammo hurt us yesterday. certainly no excuses and not much more to say on the matter except congratulations to regs and the lads at peg on a deserved victory. good luck in the nationals.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big congrats to all the Peg lads and directors.

Outscoring your opponents 6-1 in the semifinal and final combined is a rather dominant performance. Impressive to say the least.

Who played in net for Westside?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Pegasus

Great venue to hold the final - The pitch was in awesome shape.

Peg were in the zone yesterday.
Very smooth and silky.
Definitely on top of their game at the moment.

Unlucky to Westside.
I personally thought Smallsy busted his ass out there and Besty proving what a warrior he is coming back into the second half after taking that crunching chop to the shins right at 45 minutes.

Congratulations Regs,

RF

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Regs, Reedy, Randy and the rest of the boys. Definitely worthy BC representatives for the nats.

Sandman

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Regs and Pegasus. I wish I was able to watch the match but once again I had responsibilities with coaching. It certainly sounds like Pegasus were on their best form for the day. I know from previous experience that is quite something to watch. I also know that Westside are a top quality side and should once again be proud of their achievements.

If I may offer a comment from an old guy to some soon to be old guys in denial. Peg boys(the old ones, you know who you are), give it all you have possibly got at the Nationals. If your ACL is on the verge of tearing, play until it finally tears. If you have to Advil up and compromise a couple of hours of drinking time so not to mix the two, do it. If you meet a hot blonde at 2:00 AM in the Club as the lights come on and you have a big game tomorrow, well you know, screw the fricken game and the blonde. :D After that tend to your aches and pains and rehash what you have done in your career and realize that there is more still to accomplish. Your lack of intensity won't change but your priorities will. Family, O'35's, coaching the kids, golf, etc., lots left. Life is good.

Well done Peg. Best of luck at the Nationals!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks all on the congrats.

The Match
To be honest, we were very flat for the first 20 and Westside had us on our heels. Easily could have been down a goal early on. As the half wore on, we started to settle down and I think Westside was having problems defending our line-up (4-3-3 Smallsy :D).

Steady opened the scoring on a great through ball by Reedy. I don't think Wicks would have made the stop on that one. Steady was causing the Westside backs fits I think and w/o Jammo, you could tell that he was going to cause them problems all day long. Randall then potted our second before half off of a scramble in the box from another corner in this provincial run of ours. I don't know why but our corners were deadly in the last few games.

The first half ended with Besty getting crunched at the top of our box by Nico.

Halftime
Great entertainment put on. No move though :D

Second half saw Besty on the sidelines and the game open up. Westside needed to push forward and we took advantage... though Westside did hit the post in a scramble off of a corner of their own. Bunny was subbed in and took over from where Steady left off by going at their backs down the flanks time after time. Speed kills. A 2 on 1 saw Bunny slip the ball across (when he should have shot) to Randall who slotted this one for our third.

Besty came back on to finish the match but it wasn't to be their day. I wouldn't necessarily call it a piss-taking as the early pressure by Westside was significant. However, once they had to open up, we definitely dictated play and had a few bouts of great possession.

Jammo would have made a huge difference but I think we still would have pulled this one out. Our team was hungry.

Where was the youngster Nenad?

The Venue
Having the match at Swanguard seemed like such a great idea when it was announced a few months ago. The pitch was absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere was a bit dodgy to start the match but got better as the game went on. Not having the beer gardens open might have put a damper on things (the Caps need to do something about this... they only allow 2 beers at a time and it takes about 30 minutes to get a pint in the single lineup they have... I understand it's a Burnaby Parks thing but fcuk is it a nightmare). I could do w/o the DJ playing crap tunes during the match as well :rolleyes:

They kicked us out of the dressing room by halftime of the Caps game... some of the Caps gameday staff didn't look too impressed with the state of the changerooms either :D

I mentioned before the match about players needing tickets to get in... it turned out we didn't so kudos to whomever made that decision.

Lenarduzzi presented the Cup. Anyone know why?

Reedy and Randall were co-MVPs. There were several others that could have been up there with them but I don't think you can argue against the choices made. Reedy was strong and committed the whole game. Randall struggled early but you can't argue against 2 goals in the final.

PEI should be a blast. We've been to Nationals before and know it's going to be tough especially with the overall age of our team. Hopefully P2 Soccer can work some magic and we'll have a strong supporting cast with the likes of Sarge, Mastro and myself fit :D

It's going to be a good way to go out on top :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Regs and the lads. Best of luck at nationals and do us proud on and off the field in PEI.

Great little endorsement for the P2 boys! :D

Cheers
Jonesy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0