Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Men's Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Do the business one of these years and maybe, just maybe, there won't be so many of us wankers still reading this thread :D

Kindling,

~Regs.

We can but try Regs. It's all about the luck of the draw anyway and how you play on the day. It is just a little frustrating as a coach when you know you've got the capability in your squad and a chance to move on to the final four and you don't. We blew it last year against PAU and we did it again yesterday.

Not to worry, what's done is done.

Good luck in your Semi.

Cheers

joe

May 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Helmuut any more predictions on Gorge FC you could never have been a Gorge Player...you are far too good at ignorant predicts....

joe

May 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Theres a shitload of Vantreights looking for a game....but beware of flying clubs.........

joe

May 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry... a shitload of Vantreights looking for a game of golf i should say.....god I miss those guys sniff... sniff...sniff.....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge vs. Delta

It was nice to not play against the Vantrestites - we play them about 9 times a year, and while many of us are friends off the field, inevitably there are always some stupid tackles and extra curricular stuff that is not needed. It was also nice playing on that green stuff - our fields double as beaches over here.
AS for the game itself - long throw in gave us some worry in the first half and I believe there is a dent in the crossbar from the cannon unleashed from 20 yards. That being said, we were unlucky not to capitalize in the first half on a few scrambles in front. Tiny keeper made a couple of key saves from point blank shots that could bounce anywhere in the goal mouth.
Second half was some good soccer. Keeper had to make a few saves (including a key stop on myself at point blank while it was 0-0) - Don't think he had much chance on any of the goals.
Referee was excellent - though there was not much need for him to blow the whistle - Both teams on the pitch played clean with the one yellow being issued to a late tackle (though I think there was no serious intent to injure). Delta is a class team.
After the game it would have been great to stick around and utilize their hibachi... however, the CB & W was not a bad alternative.
The staches stay on for another 2 weeks. :(

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 1 - Inter 2

Excellent game at Adanac.

It was a tough loss to swallow. We have been playing well the last 4 weeks. I think we carried the play in the 1st half, but we missed some critical chances. P Favs still can't beleive he missed that header. I think we should have been up at half by a couple. Ted Ullrich, Luke Hogan, and the Favs played great. The supporting staff were also super. An injured Brian Donald proved again that he is one of the best defenders in this league.

But Inter, as a group, played excellent - especially Scott Walters. He played great against Kevin Hearne.

We came out flat in the 2nd and Inter got 2 early goals. We lost defenders Chad August (25th) and Brian Donald (40th) and it did make a difference.

Cucca's run into the box was a good one. An awkward tackle by a Sapp player resulted in the PK. The 2nd goal was a total defender (as a unit) screw up. Sapp pushed after that. All the glorious Inter chances came when we left 2 or 3 at the back.

I was kicked out at about the 80th min. when I felt a questionable PK could have been awarded to us. The frustration of the entire year came out at that moment with regards to PK calls. We have had no luck this year getting them (except our PK late in the game) and we have had about 8 against us.

Inter is a stronger defensive team than I thought. Joe was steller in the mid. Inter has a way of pulling the tough games out - a quality all good teams must develop. I wish them luck and if they win the Cup, they would represent BC well.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess onto the spagetti league now hey bobby!! :eek: :eek:

six fcuking games !!what a joke of a league :eek: :eek:

:eek:

sid!!

ps want a friendly??

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry serious in here...

True bravery is arriving home late, after a boys' night out, being assaulted by your wife with a broom................... and asking her:

"Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"

handlebarstache

Apr 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
onwards we go..............I was perfect picking last week (self pat on the back)........ and still recovering from the hangover from the ferry:bronco:

So..........one week to prepare for Westside. Don't know much about these guys....hopefully they are as classy as Delta was last week. The Delta players were great........no idiotic tackles, badmouthing, cheapshots.......... just good clean and hard soccer. Cheers to them.

Hoping the games next week have the same result. Class on the field and drinks after. Looking forward to me Monday work hangover yet again!!:knvb:

NOW LET'S GET SOME PREDICTIONS!!!!!!!!

(hoping Simon Fern is reffing our semi.............;) )

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I've seen and heard Delta is bit better than Westside but they certainly don't have as much class. I think their team (Westside) is mostly comprised of a Christian youth group and doubt very much you'll be able to pint with them after. As you would expect they're a fairly quite group on the park, not much in the way of moaning at the ref or other players that is... they respect the rules and the game too much for that.

They're definitely suspect in the middle of the park with not much in the way of experience or leadership. So that may be your key to success. They do have a short, blonde fat kid at the back who's not too bad...

Good luck.

Gorge - 3-1
Peg - 1-0 (PK's)

helmuut

Apr 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Must say...i was a little shocked to here the black and whites stole the game. Was never good at predictions. I heard about Pingo...unlucky...that will leave a big hole in the lineup...good luck...you'll need it!

Inter 2
Peg 1

Westside 2
Gorge 0

Helmuut

handlebarstache

Apr 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
HELMUUT!!

Do you support anyone??? Do you have a life?? You jump ship like there is no tomorrow.
Pick your team and quit slagging others that you supported before.
Consider yourself a moustaches' enemy....keep your head up this week at work...:eek:

Gorge 2
Westside 1

Peg 3
Inter 2 GOLDEN GOAL

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUMOR HAS IT!!!

Kevin C and Joe M from Inter were with Calgary this past week training with their A-League team. Apparantley they were both offered contracts to play with the Mustangs this season. Not sure how this will affect their eligibility for provincial cup. Zaurrini, any comment???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd love to TTP a bit for our game with Inter on Sunday but Zaurrini is being a big pussy and ignoring private messages here for whatever reason :rolleyes:

Jinky and Bunny are back from injuries now. I like our chances, experience plays a big role in these games :D

Peg and Westside final... 2 oldest teams in the competition and 2 teams that almost merged in August :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Peg and Westside final....

Not so fast, Gorge is allways the underdog team from the Island who find a way to win in these big games, 2 back to back Provincial Cups, with wins over top VMSL Teams, I like them over Westside. As for the Peg/Inter game, Inter will be looking for some revenge for the 97 BC Final loss in Victoria, and I think it is thier year to win it all. Is anyone going out to see the game on Saturday, good move not to have it on Mother's Day Sunday.

hos

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it is our year of redemption.
we beat surrey almost a year to the date after they ousted us last year at ubc.
gorge is up next.
two years ago, same pitch we were beaten by a determined and fitter gorge squad. it has not been forgotten. this time we're even less fit, (you might even say some of us suck and are fat), but more determined.
hos, enjoy that under 21 game on saturday. rest of us will be there sunday.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm of the same opinion about Inter, HOS. If they're ever going to win this thing I think it'll be this year. I've never seen Gorge, but I'm of the opinion (opinionated bugger ain't I?) that Westside is one of the better if not best team remaining so I'll say it should be close as most cup games are (unless you're playing ...... ah never mind) but I give the edge to Westside.

If you're ever going to have a chance at winning the cup you better do it now before the AFC dynasty begins next year. They have a fitness coach and larsson u no?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You last visited: Today at 08:46 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 1.

regs,

what private message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.