Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Men's Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you really think the Imperial semi finalists should be seeded above overall League standings..?

Also the VMSL gets twice as many berths as anyone else, so by structuring the draw with two of the four seeds on either side as you suggested, you really are stacking the odds of an all VMSL final every year.

Just a tad unfair on the rest of us, don't you think.?

Next

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Exactly Crafty.

There is no way in fcuking hell Surrey United should be ranked/seeded.
I whole heartedly agree.

Good call,

RF

:D

RF, we don't get too many chances to shove it up Slurrey's arse. So after Knvb's little blurt yesterday regarding seeding, that was my cue.. :D

Oh happy days.!!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game on.

It's just a suggestion and because it's our league first decider on who gets in. Basically you have to play well in the same style tourney as the BC's to qualify against our leagues best Div1 - premier teams to get there.

And yes it does make it tough on the Valley. Suck it up you girls blouse it's the BC's not the Pak cup. (That one was for RF) Or would you rather just play amongst yourselves and we'll meet you in the final so you can try your luck there? I'd be fun, you could bring a BBQ.

We get 8 spots for a reason.

If we really want to put you up against the wall they would make you play on Mc-fcuking-Nair.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Game on.

knvb said:
And yes it does make it tough on the Valley. Suck it up you girls blouse it's the BC's not the Pak cup. (That one was for RF) Or would you rather just play amongst yourselves and we'll meet you in the final so you can try your luck there? I'd be fun, you could bring a BBQ.

And a soccer field complete with posts, flags and nets. McNair...?

:D :D :D :D

Good luck!!!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley/POCO

Langley/Poco.
5-PM kick off on the Sunday at MAP turf. Tough getting field time once softball takes over and posts are no longer up on grass.

Interesting debate on the seeding. If I was to take the VMSL/FVSL argument at face value, which I do for the most part, why would anybody suggest a FVSL side gets ranked in the top half? Without the usual bashing, for those that are of the VMSL community and know something of the FVSL, where would a team like GEU finish in the VMSL Premier over 20 games, given they are more established than Langley, or maybe even Peace Arch, who have probably been around the longest in a relatively stable form?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you gotta look at who they'd compare to. GEU probably compares favorably to Sapperton or Burnaby...

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I think you gotta look at who they'd compare to. GEU probably compares favorably to Sapperton or Burnaby...

Of course you match up better at times looking at individual match-ups. But that was not my question. I asked over a 20 game season how would they finish.
Dude, get your head out of the toilet.
;)

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Game on.

knvb said:
It's just a suggestion and because it's our league first decider on who gets in. Basically you have to play well in the same style tourney as the BC's to qualify against our leagues best Div1 - premier teams to get there.

We get 8 spots for a reason.

If we really want to put you up against the wall they would make you play on Mc-fcuking-Nair.

Ya Ya, I know what I am getting into...........BUT, you still have to BE the best to win so beat whoever you are matched up against and get it done. Who cares if you are league best, Pak winner or fukcing god..........Any team could win. I'm bored with this.............hope to see ya in the Nationals! :rolleyes:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No chance with the Rankings!
Put the 16 teams in a hat and let em roll.
Some years you get a good draw, some years you get a bad draw.
Well said Stepchild,"To be the best, You gotta beat the best!"

Carry on.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Well I guess you have to beat the best to be the best...
Actually it was me who said it in the first place back on page 1. Stepchild has been trying to copy me all his life. First I get red hair then he does. I join ND then he does. I kick Nick Tasoni then he does. It's no wonder his parents left him.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Actually it was me who said it in the first place back on page 1. Stepchild has been trying to copy me all his life. First I get red hair then he does. I join ND then he does. I kick Nick Tasoni then he does. It's no wonder his parents left him.
My only problem is that I cannot reach the pedistal that you are on..... Must be a nice view from up there. Also, I believe most would agree that it was me who started kicking people first :mad:
Back to the BC's, I must have forgot about you stating it with all that other bitching going on. ;) See ya at McNair :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears all the venues and times have been set:

Game 1: Metro-Ford Wolves vs Westside Rino at Heritage Woods, 2004-04-17 at 2 p.m.
Game 2: SportsTown Firemen vs Surrey United at Burnaby Lake East, 2004-04-18 at 3 p.m.
Game 3: Delta Metro United vs Van Treights FC at John Oliver Park, 2004-04-18 at 2:15 p.m.
Game 4: Bays United Blues vs Gorge FC at Royal Athletic Park, 2004-04-17 at 3:00 p.m.
Game 5: Sporting Club vs ICSF Inter at Adanac Park, 2004-04-18 at 1 p.m.
Game 6: Sapperton Rovers vs Golden Ears Ultra at Adanac Park, 2004-04-18 at 3 p.m.
Game 7: Langley United vs PoCo Dominion at Municipal Athletic Park, 2004-04-18 at 5 p.m.
Game 8: Gordon Head vs Pegasus FC at Tyndall Park, 2004-04-18 at 3:00 p.m.
========================

Where the hell is Tyndall Park? 3 PM on the Island on Sunday sucks :mad:

~Regs.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap vs GEU - Adanac Park is grass I am assuming? Is it a good pitch?

bertrum surprised at the lack of Provincial banter :confused: Too many Easter eggs?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertrum,

Adanac is grass... debateable whether it is good or not.

The pitch is located on Boundary, just south of Hastings.

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Problem is Bertrum is everyone in the VMSL has a giant and collective stick shoved up their bums. Everyone is afraid to piss off or wind up their opponents in fear it comes back to haunt them. (Not that anything ever said in the VMSL threads has ever been taken the wrong way or anything... :rolleyes: ) Why do you think I spend so much time in the valley threads?

Good luck though. I do think you have a legitimate shot vs. Sapperton.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word on the street is our game with Firetown has been moved to the BBY grass pitches. We play right after the Firetown O 35's play... Nothing confirmed yet though. Should make for a good crowd if it's true. Isn't there two Masters games there at the same time?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Red means important?

Rangerforever said:
Regs:

Many thanks on updating us on where the VMSL sides are playing.

:rolleyes:

;)
Take it up with your league not me... not my fault The Excellent Site is more up-to-date than The Fairly Good Site :rolleyes:

Cut 'n' Paste,

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0