Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[2005 Masters Cup] Senior Men Masters Western Canadian Championship

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the official thread for everyone to follow here on TTP as the FireRangers defend BC's title as Western Canadian champions.

The official website for the championships in Burnaby this weekend doesn't exist but you can find a piss-poor effort here on the BC Soccer site: http://www.bcsoccer.net/bcm/bcsoccer/bcsoccer-website.nsf/AllDoc/68AE3D3F52AB3222872570850060A619?OpenDocument

FireRangers' schedule:

Friday October 7th
BC vs Alberta @ 11:00AM Pacific

Saturday October 8th
BC vs Saskatchewan @ 10:00AM Pacific

Sunday October 9th
BC vs Manitoba @ 10:00AM Pacific

Monday October 10th
BC vs TBA

Good luck to the FireRangers including all the TTPers like Coach, RangerForever, SilverFox, and The Judge... Bring the cup home (or keep it here, whatever)!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing as this is the official thread, I wish to second Reg's words in wishing the Fire Rangers the best of luck in the upcoming tournament. If you guys play like you can, it's yours for the taking.

Best wishes!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And I'll third them.

Coach, you should get all your biggest, tallest guys and have them to crouch down and look small during the warm up and then just before the opening whistle have them stand up erect at their full height! You'lll blow their minds!

Do the job Rangers!

From the Westside boys in that other league.

White Shoes

Jun 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the best Coach, and to the other rangers, go get another championship. Both Hos and myself will be there on friday. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Boys it should be fun.(we will try that Peter)

The one rule that sucks is the one where you can only have 20 players on your roster for the whole weekend. (we have 23 players)

After running the 19 boys at training tonight through the paces, i had the oh so nice job of telling three of them they would not dress at all this weekend.

That Sucks!

Hope to see a few of the Old Boys out there this weekend.

Thanks.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Coach,

You might have to tell 2 other guys before each game that they can't sit on the bench with everyone else either... that was the rule we had enforced last year in PEI as well...

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RumpRangers-Firemens,

Here's to you bunch of Princesses :eek: conquering the Western Canadian Championships! All The Best! :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers on the well wishes lads.

Hoping to repeat what Surrey United did last year.
Or else we won't hear the end of it... ;) :D

We'll keep you updated,

RF

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Regs.

Our game has now been changed to Burnaby Lake Turf Fields.

11am we still take on Alberta.

Thanks for your support.

See you boys soon.

Kenno

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught most of the second half... Firerangers were pretty much having their way but not too many scoring chances... Barry with the second goal about 10 minutes from the end to seal it.

Alberta had some huge guys on their squad... apparently most of their players were on the team that was at the Vernon tourney last spring?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought they had lots of scoring chances in the second half, but the Alberta keeper stood on his head with some great saves.
Regs, you must have been standing with Ballbaby and Rene, talking about the old days.

Mighty Rangers looked great, plus they are very deep on the bench, they made a number of subs and the team never missed a beat, some great changes by Coach, who even had a great run upfront.

Good luck the rest of the way, don't pull a Sporting, so go to KOB's and get as much pints and wings in ya as ya can. Hookers and blow helps too.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw one really good scoring chance (other than the goal) by The Judge where the stopper made a fine save. But that's about it that I recall.

You should stick to digging ditches with your brothers & subjects (as the case may be) :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank Goodness that is over!

One down and three to go if all goes well?

I thought they were a good team that was well very orginized and skilled out of the back.

Shuey and Andy were totally invisible at times because of some very tight marking.(not because of effort)

Barry and Wilkie were not quite clicking so we turned to the Judge, and fortunatly for us he came to play.

We got one off a quick free kick 20 minutes into the first half.Baily made a very nice run and found himself all alone in front!

Ian Mclean was very good for us at times and really stepped it up in the second half.

Edmonton did not really have to many chances at all today.

Tony the goalie was very determined to make a good showing today and he did just that.(Thumbs up Tony!)

Barry came back on and scored a nice second goal to finish the deal.

On to Saskatchewan tomorrow morning at 10 am.(Back at Byrne Field)

Very nice to see the Young Ranger boys and Hos out in force today.
Also thumbs up to the Surrey U boys, Regs, Kelly and as always first class, Ballbaby!

As i said, very classy!

P.S. The two other chances Regs?

1)Izzat all olone with goalie out in no where land? KaaPow, off the defenders thigh!

2)Shuey sends a cross with the goalie out in never, never land only to see McCaw step in front of Gordo for a sure goal.

Baily's free header on the three yard line!

Oops that three. :rolleyes:

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reading your post Coach and can't help but tell you had a few victory pops :D Congrats and good luck.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Also thumbs up to the Surrey U boys, Regs, Kelly and as always first class, Ballbaby!

As i said, very classy!

:

Balls with his uptown charity ball tux on again... How's he going to one up himself at the final?

That's one classy man. :p

Good Luck boys and I'll try to sneak out before the turkey on Mon to see the final... formal attire the new standard?

:D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Formal attire or wear your Sunday best Aves - Your call.
No need to bring a tie, I can lend you any of a selection of Rangers FC ones.
Talk about class now... :cool:

Today's result:

Rangers 7 Saskatchewan 0

They came at us hard for the first ten minutes but one of their full backs roofed in an OG of his noggin from one of what I think was Wilkie's cross.
Deadly ball in and the lad dove and stuffed it upstairs and that seemed to set the tone of things to come.
As goals count, we didn't let off the gas and proceeded to play the remaining 70 minutes going right at them.
Kudos to them - They didn't stop working either.
We're playing 80 minute matches in this tournament BTW.

Too many names to single out.
Everyone got in which is great for keeping guys limber but also rested.

On to Manitoba tomorrow,

RF

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost a very hard fought battle to Manitoba today 2-1. :mad:

Not much to say except that we better put our chances away if we get to play in the final?

They scored on Two chances and boy did they battle.

I felt that our guys battled hard on the field today!

Apparently the wrong decisions were made today.

Back to the drawing board?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0