Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[2005 Masters Cup] Senior Men Masters Western Canadian Championship

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play Manitoba at 11 am tomorrow at Byrne Creek School.(20th and 10th ave in New West)

We are going to try to redeem ourselves and bring home the gold.

I'm going to be bold here and say "We will win!"

Sorry but i think we will.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At last update Rangers were up two buzz and holding. Manitoba had one called back early which I guess woke BC up.

Come on boys finish er' off...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC 2 - 0 Manitoba

Rangers full value for the win although Manitoba does have a case on a few calls that went against them. Really, Manitoba is a good physical, battling team, but they can't compete with Rangers all around. Although he can be a mouthy bugger, Wilky is a nice player to watch. He ran a ton today and combined with his skill, he certainly made his team tick. He hits the purest ball that seems to find the holes perfectly. The Ranger backline was very solid as always. Shuey and Meyer played well up front against a pretty physical Manitoba backline. I think Steve McCaw is the unsung hero for his team, at least to the those outside Ranger's circles, but every game I've played against him or watched play, he is solid! His free kick cross to Meyer for the first goal was absolutely perfect. Even I could have headed that in.

Congratulations to the Rangers on a truly well deserved win.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, Kenno, Frase and the lads.

Clearly, you were looking for another reason to have a party. ;)

Cheers,

TB

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't make the game today but congrats boys!
I'm sure the pints will be flowing at KOB's
...when's the parade down Fraser's Highway? :)

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champs'
kudos too coach for quote"Stroking the right folks and smackin the right bolks" ,in a 4 day marathon.The big kaiesser(sp) would have none of the hand checking two matches in a row.Looking forward to his 37th at gabby's in a couple of weeks.Big Barry you don't have too run 20km a match,marthon isn't til jan$-feb?Baily,enough said,best player in the league,mooorsy might disagree.Wilkie,big mac,shoe man,izzzy,what a team,great bunch of lads,keep the machi
e rollin.
ps.we can't forget the little hard man "Bon" :wa:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers

The boys played hard today and we got a bit of sweet redemption after yesterday.

Winnipeg Italia were a handful - Again.
A great side who anyone on the coast here would agree given the chance to play them.

I felt we were full marks for the win though as we went after them continuously throughout the game.

Nice again to see everyone on the list get in the game today.

RF

Steve Millar

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations Rangers on a tremendous year. Well done Kenny, it must be tough to keep that many lads happy, and not sacrifice the results.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got in from the Roxy!

What a night!!!!!!!!!!!(Megs and all!)

Cheers boys!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Kenno

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger, Coach, very sincere congrats to you both! Ranger, I know it was killing you to sit and watch last year, especially being to trim and fit to start the season. This must feel good now.

Coach- there is no harder working manager in Vancouver. Full credit buddy! Sorry I couldn't make it out, but what good news to start the work week!

~Dude.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A tough weekend to play 4 games, thanks to a deep bench the Ranger's came through with a championship. Sundays loss was a well fought game, both teams looked good. Our sidelines were like a triage centre, with only a few casualties not making it to the final.
The final was similar to the first battle with the Ger's having most of the quality chances.....just no finish. One mistake almost cost them a goal, but Man. was offside on a indirect free kick inside the 18.
Missed the post game celebration back at Newton and the Roxy! :mad:
Congrats to the boys, I am guessing no practice on Wed.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Mighty Rangers!, was it ever in doubt?

Well done Coach, you have put a fantastic team together that was able to win every thing in their first year together in O-35's, not to bad at all. Move over Davey F., there is a new B.C. Senior Coach of the Year.

I am sure it was a good party, look forward to seeing the Cup out at the NAP.

hos

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well wasn't that fun! :)
A very rewarding weekend now that it is all done and said.
2 - 0 vs a very hard working and very well orginized Team Manitoba.
They basically played a 5 4 1 and really defended in numbers hoping to catch us on the counter attack.
I thought the first twenty minutes we absolutely pummeled them into the ground. We came at them wave after wave but they would not bend.
At half time we stuck to our guns and decided we would keep getting at them down the line. It soon payed off because 15 minutes into the second half Andy Meyer scored what turned out to be the winner.Two minutes after that Stevie Mac hammered a ball into the box that one of their defenders decided to head into his own net! Two nil and it was all but over now.

Everyone got into the game and got to play in the final and that was very important to me to see all the guys contribute.

How hard was that for me to tell a guy like Keith Izzat that he was not going to start today and i would try to get him in. Keith was on fire all weekend but i had to reward Andy and Shuey for all of their hard work leading up to the final. To try to manage twenty players that i feel are all very good players is not the funnest thing to do at times.
Tony our Goalie for the weekend played the whole weekend with a fricken broken hand?(He broke it in the first game and would not go down)
Baily and Mclean were rock solid all weekend and really led our team both on and off the pitch this weekend.
I know Wilkie gets some piss taken on here but he was clearly heads above any midfielder in the whole tournament. The guy played very, very well and was spraying the ball all over the field.

Thanks for all the kind P M's and emails. It really was alot of fun all weekend.
I really think that Manitoba team would be in our top three in Valley's over 35 league. They were not a weak team and they are still fairly young. (they will be back)

Wether or not we will still is to be determined?

After the match the team went back to the changerooms and then off to Kelly O's for a team dinner.
It was there that a few of us ventured off downtown to the good Old Roxy.

At closing time we all soon realized that Graham Brown had lost the Trophy. After searching high and low we soon found out it was on stage with the band and a few of us were very much relieved!

Great Night! Great Weekend! Great Year!!!!!

Coach.

Have a look at some of the pictures in the Gallery section!

http://www.takethepiss.com/multimedia/browseimages.php?c=505&userid=

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations Coach and the rest of the Old Rangers. Bring that trophy out to NAP on Friday so after we dispose of the Raiders we can all have a sip out of it.

Well done boys!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
At closing time we all soon realized that Graham Brown had lost the Trophy.

Surprised he didn't shitt in it, that bastard still owes me a hat :eek: ,but that is old hat.

Therob, never ever touch a trophy that you hope to win one day, it is very bad luck, havn't you learned anything from those NHL Threads.

Great picks Coach, after the Mucker Cup, how many is that for you in 2005, must be a record.

hos

Lets Go Rangers

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0