Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Men's B Provincial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't this thing coming up soon? Is it in Burnaby?

Anyone know all the teams?

I hear Kurgan is raring to go! :D

~Regs.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group A

1 Belmount FC
2 Burnaby Inter
3 Old Settler Pub
4 Richmond Dragons FC

Group B

5 Signmaster FC
6 North Delta FC
7 North Delta Titans
8 NK Hrvat

Group C

9 Richmond Firefighters
10 Cordova Bay Boatcat
11 Juan de Fuca
12 Royal United

Group D

13 North Enderby Timber
14 Richmond All Blacks
15 Gorge Gunners
16 Surrey Hurricanes

Games to be played at Burnaby Lake Turf and Mercer Stadium June 4-6.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reg,

If you would have looked two forums down a week ago you would have found it when I put it up :D

Fraser Valley Provincials

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Group A

1 Belmount FC
2 Burnaby Inter
3 Old Settler Pub
4 Richmond Dragons FC

Group B

5 Signmaster FC
6 North Delta FC
7 North Delta Titans
8 NK Hrvat

Group C

9 Richmond Firefighters
10 Cordova Bay Boatcat
11 Juan de Fuca
12 Royal United

Group D

13 North Enderby Timber
14 Richmond All Blacks
15 Gorge Gunners
16 Surrey Hurricanes

Games to be played at Burnaby Lake Turf and Mercer Stadium June 4-6.
where are the BLACK KNIGHTS? :eek: :D

B

Blahzay

From what history tells us, the tournament favorites are teams from the Richmond League, or a team from a town outside of Greater Vancouver and the Island. In Group A the Richmond Dragons FC should advance, in Group C the Cordova Bay Bobcats will not advance, and Group D is definitely the group of death with all four teams very capable of winning this tournament. Group B will be interesting with NDFC getting upset in the FVSL cup final by the ND Titans in PK's, and the underdog NK Hrvat beating Signmaster FC in the VMSL cup final also in PK's. This should make for some great rematches and games.

It looks like all of the fields the teams will be playing on are turf. This will cause a lot more injuries and scrapped up and sore knees by the end of this tournament. I don't know why they aren't using grass, the weather should be fine, I'll take turf any day over grass in the winter but sure as hell not in the summer with a possible 5 games in 3 days.

Does anyone know anything about Burnaby Inter and Old Settler Pub, like what league they play in or if they're any good?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I remember the good old days when playing in the best league in BC(Richmond Winter League). We strolled through the league, cup, and league cup on route to winning the glorious Provincial 'B' Cup. Richmond Town was the best team ever. BTW, how many TTPers have played on a team which won FOUR trophies in the same season? ;) :p

Richmond Town CSC :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to mention if the weather is anything like they are predicting 25 degrees or hotter the turf gets really hot on the feet and can be really uncomfortable. However it's alot better then what victoria was offering up for fields last year. I think NDFC could be in trouble in a tourny like this we are not used to making subs during the game and don't tend to do well when we do but in a format like this you have to make lots of subs or lasting the 5 games is impossible. It will be interesting to see if we an find the line of how much to play the starters because if we don't win our group we don't have to worry about 5 games. While you need think it's alot of games in a short time but only if you can win your group, you can't think to the future to much and rest to many players because you still need to basicaly win every game. I'm looking forward to see how it works out and hope I can stay healthy for the whole thing but coming off an injury I doubt it.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sometimes at practice we allow other guys to play what I ment was we usually only make about 2 or 3 subs a game but we can't have 7 or 8 guys trying to play 80 minutes everygame. This tourny will give lots of players playing time which is a good thing because it gives some players a chance to prove themselves if they feel they didn't get the chance during the year. End of the day its the B provincials it's a rec tourny I plan on winning some games and drinking lots of beer. :wa:

rockhound

May 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Inter has a really strong defensive team (12 goals against in 18 regular season games). It should be to their advantage that all the games are on turf (Div 1 Burnaby Mens League team).

They wound up losing just 1 game all season (to my team, 2-0), but then blew it in the finals to Burnaby Eagles 4-1. They've got quite a few hotheads on their team so the cards could pile up for them.
They are probably comparable to a mid-range VMSL Div 1 team. I'd pick them to advance.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
rockhound They are probably comparable to a mid-range VMSL Div 1 team. I'd pick them to advance.[/QUOTE said:
Hahaaha.....

Comparable to a mid range VMSL div 1 team?

I watched a div one Burnaby league game once after our game, and it wouldn't even be comparable to the old VMSL div three... :wa:

rockhound

May 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahaaha.....

Comparable to a mid range VMSL div 1 team?

I watched a div one Burnaby league game once after our game, and it wouldn't even be comparable to the old VMSL div three...

OUCH! C'mon the league's not that bad. Maybe mid-range Div 1 is a little optimistic.
I'll admit most teams in the league have players that can't hit the net, including myself.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I recall the year before last at the Burnaby Canadians tournament div. 2, Lobbans beat the Eagles from burnaby pretty bad in the finals, 3 or 4 nil I think I recall. It was one lopsided game featuring good vmsl div 1 team against the best burnaby league has to offer! Not to say they coudn't beat a bottem div 1 team on a off day. But it have to be that!

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The team to beat is the Dragons. Numerous players that can and should play in VMSL premier, a former national player, strikers that can score given any opprutunity, and they have picked up arguably one of the best keepers in the lower mainland for the tournament. It all adds up to one tough team, especially on the turf which plays to their style. Should be a fun tournament to watch.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought this was a div 2 tournament. I looked on the Richmond website and 2 of their teams in provincials seem to be from premier and the other 1 is in div 1. Is there league really that bad?

calvin klein

May 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I thought this was a div 2 tournament. I looked on the Richmond website and 2 of their teams in provincials seem to be from premier and the other 1 is in div 1. Is there league really that bad?

actually the top 3 teams in richmond premier made it to the BC this year. heard some FVSL teams have played exhibition games with them in the past few months and didn't get outplayed

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:

No, THEIR league is the best in B.C. I thought we clarified that a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0