Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Men's B Provincial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lets say my kid plays metro
Let's just hope you never have kids and leave it at that.

BC Soccer now has a featured article from their home page... I'll quote it here because that frickin site takes forever to load :rolleyes:

Rule 5 i - Clarification

Print Page
Send Page

Players registered with the British Columbia Soccer Association are permitted to play for more than one team under certain circumstances. This issue is covered by Rule5) i of our Rules and Regulations:

No player shall be permitted to register for more than one team at any one time, or play in more than one provincial, district or inter-district cup competition under the jurisdiction of this Association without first receiving written permit from the Association. (Exceptions are Provincial All-star and school teams, as well as Associate member teams with the consent of the Associate member league. School is defined as those schools affiliated with the B.C. Schools Sports Federation and post-secondary institutions as recognized by the Association).

This regulations was ammended two year ago to include the text "as well as Associate member teams with the consent of the Associate member league". The membership of the British Columbia Soccer Association approved this ammendment at a BCSA Annual General Meeting in order to support the participation of players on multiple teams while still ensuring that players are not playing in the same cup competition for different teams, commonly known as being Cup Tied.
Is this on there now as a result of everything going on here? I note that they didn't congratulate the winner yet (but did for the women)...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm starting to ponder just sending a little email to BC soccer inquiring about what took place just to see how they respond.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree with Regs here. Dopeashell, don't reproduce. Please. There are already enough plumbers like yourself on the soccer pitch and we really don't need anymore. I would prefer to watch icons such as Zaurrini and Mega****. That's where the game is at. Word. Now those guys are dope players, man.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell said:
2 richmond teams in provincials and 2 richmond teams played illegal players..thats 100% of teams from richmond that cheat

3 teams from Richmond were in the cup, that means 66.6% of the teams cheat. I can hear Iron Maiden starting to sing right now. 6, 6, 6 the number of the beast.....ahhhh grade 9.

calvin klein

May 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
I'm starting to ponder just sending a little email to BC soccer inquiring about what took place just to see how they respond.

you should. lots of curious minds out there. :knvb: :wa:

Let's how well BC Soccer turns a blind eye on this one. David Cooperfield!!!!!!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:

Are you capable of putting something together that won't be construed as junk mail? My money is on............no........... :D

leftrightout

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dopeshell, sounds like a plumber talkin. You should check the rosters of all the teams in Provincial B finals... almost a 2/5ths of the teams had illegal players you ass. For your info, the top richmond teams play and beat teams from VMSL all the time.

Also, we should all protest BC soccer administration at the event this saturday!! Let inter and delta play for the final... assuming they don't have any illegal players.... wink.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is beginning to sound like the eve of The All-Drug Olympics.

Why not let everyone have ineligible players. Then it becomes a battle of the best recruiters.

Just like stock-car racing -- battle of the pit crews.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before this gets too out of hand, let me remind everyone that all of the players in question were signed on Provincial 'B' forms and therefore eligible to compete in the competition. The issue is whether a suspension incurred in one league gets carried over into another.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
to the best of my knowledge, any suspension incurred by a player registered to the BCSA carries over to any competition in which players are playing under BCSA permits.
even though it may not look like it to the naked eye, richmond is a part of british columbia.

whyareyoubraking?hurryupanddrive!!!!!

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heh, I always find that Richmond reminds me of the flatter parts of Alberta....

Yeah, let me rephrase: The issue of suspensions is more one of when BC Soccer does and does not apply its rules and whether rulings made by senior officials are in good faith.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
kurgan said:
Heh, I always find that Richmond reminds me of the flatter parts of Alberta....

Yeah, let me rephrase: The issue of suspensions is more one of when BC Soccer does and does not apply its rules and whether rulings made by senior officials are in good faith.

kurgan, the suspensions in this case whether it's from the winter affiliated league or summer affiliated league does carry over to the provincials. that's agreed by everyone. If it can be proven that a player was suspended and did not serve his suspension during cup play, then he is deemed ineligible, thus creating a situation like last weekend. It sounds like the Dragons asked for a ruling from the senior officials, this being the Senior VP of BC soccer Bruce Yule and Vice President of VMSL Ruben Tremarco days before the tourney. They gave them a ruling and later changed it after the round robin. That's probably the lame part. If you can't trust the word of the senior officials, no wonder things get fukced up.

Cheaters and liars are intentional. But sounds like this was unintentional. It suprises no one if BC Soccer screws up on a consistent base.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:

so Bulljive are you going to inquire or protest?? If you simply inquire, my money is they will just tell you to f. off. Go for the full blow protest and see if BC soccer blinks. :knvb: :wa:

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
is there not a 48 hr time limit for protests???

ya that's the official rule. BC Soccer still has the duty to look into things. Of course they rather stall and hope everything goes away. The already look pretty stupid right now. I wonder if anyone is going to the AGM this weekend. Imagine if a big stink was started there before the directors get elected Saturday. Super funny.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dirty Daddy 3 said:
WW

Why don't you get off your soap box for a minute and head to the AGM yourself??

Dirty

I'll be there Sanchez. If your heading down to AGM, brush your teeth. Not many of us like the smell of azzzzz :knvb: :wa: :bronco: There's enough bull crap there already :knvb: :wa:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
wayne's world said:
teams should simply protest now and see what they say. doesn't hurt except a waste of an email or fax on company time :knvb: :wa: :bronco:

It doesn't hurt except for the matter of 1000 dollars for the official protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0