Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 RRSL-Airport League [Summer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: RRSL-Airport League

club_i_champ said:
BTW Stew,
It was also nice to put a face to the name Gurps; unluckily for him, he got a look at my face after my screamer top shelf :D ;)

That was you?.....nice shot. :D

I didn't get a good look at the shooter though, I was too busy trying to get the ball out of the net.

As you could tell....i haven't played goal in about 10 years..... :p

Stew would have saved it though. ;)

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
AC 3 Spurs 2

AC had only 8 men to start and 9 by the half and finished with 10. Spurs had a total of 18 players how bad are they; they never had the lead the whole game...and their number 13 what a Chump! Always chirpin, hacking and whinning to the ref. :knvb:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and their number 13 what a Chump! Always chirpin, hacking and whinning to the ref

See what happens when I let Toddy wear my jersey? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vaselos:

Our mom loves you too.

Which one of the brain surgeons were you? Yes, we have 1 guy who lives to gripe at Father John, but what's your team's excuse? You'd have thought your players were giving up crucial field position at the Ataturk. Relax, bud; Frank's not going to be calling any of you up soon. You have some decent players, but your attitude as a team really sucks. Same old Air Canada mentality. :rolleyes:

No, we didn't have a good squad out last night. After 2 games in a row of being shorthanded, we drafted a lot of the 3rd stringers into duty, and it showed. I thought one guy was going to have a heart attack on me.

Junior's a putz, pure and simple. :D

As for us having or not having the lead, did it look like we were really that worried about it? We tried sooo hard to win last night, too. Maybe that's why we:

a) offered you some of our extra players before the game
b) offered to delay the kickoff until you got some more bodies
c) tried to rotate all of our guys onto the field so they got a chance to play
d) subbed out our goal scorers as soon as they put the ball into the net.
e) stayed on the field and drank longer than you did despite the mosquitos.

Give your head a shake, son! :D :p :rolleyes:

stew :cool:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry I couldn't make it Stew, the ankle is still messed up.

As for Air Canada,

You gotta love it when guys start taking the piss about some summer league where people are out just for the fun of it.

Well done Vaselos! You won a summer league game, good on ya!

:rolleyes:

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy there Stew are you writting a novel????....what would we do with your players anyway they'd just get in the way.....don't we usually throttle you guys 8-1 or 9-1....or do you guys even score, and on whether you guys "care" about the game it was obvious that your team did.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Sorry I couldn't make it Stew, the ankle is still messed up.

As for Air Canada,

You gotta love it when guys start taking the piss about some summer league where people are out just for the fun of it.

Well done Vaselos! You won a summer league game, good on ya!

:rolleyes:

Beat it Gurps you Chump! You guys ever hear our sideline it's all a good laugh out there especially when we play the Spurs :p

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Animal,

Your player took a swing at me so I threw back, and he was nice enough to come apologize to me after the game

Our player did say he stomped on your toe as he ran by. Regardless, you did try to start a fight with another player earlier in the half. Opps, you don't start fights :rolleyes: . That incident was a result of an aggressive tackle. Therefore, you guys can dish it out but not take it.

If you guys would have showed a little class and respect early on in the game, on your corner kick we may not have been so unhappy

I do not recall this corner kick you are speaking of and how could it upset you so.

By this comment you are saying that we instigated your malice towards us?

I really don't think the corner kick could have made one of your rather larger players (girth-wise) jump on one of our players legs.

Also, your tall mid-fielder was alittle out of control with late tackles everytime someone got away from him.

You probasbly will not be playing us again as most of the team does not want to participate in GOONFEST II. Especially if John is reffering. We might be convinced to play if Brian or the Big Irish dude is reffering.

As for last week:

Int - 3
CH - 1

The game was not as lopsided as it sounds. We had some good chances in the 2nd half after tieing the game at 1. Inter substitute a much better goalie in the second that stopped a free kick headed for the top corner and a PK. We also helped their cause by adding a OG. They are a descent team. Although, they are primarily spanish, a few players tend top fall with the wind picks up :confused: .

Quote of the night:

CH Player to Int striker;

"Your a good player but don't fall down so easy. When you start playing with older guys, the ref and the players won't be so nice"

Response:

"I'm 33 years old"

This player looked 20 years old at best.

termatofylakas,

Are you joining us this week. Check your email.

Wed. June 1, 2005 AC ATH Mitchell School
Wed. June 1 JUS COS Walter Lee School
Wed. June 1 SPR UN Hugh Boyd 4
Thur. June 2 CHA CAN Walter Lee School

MNB INT Bye

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
termatofylakas,Are you joining us this week. Check your email.

Don't I rate a reminder? C'mon, man. Don't you like me no more since Liverpool beat Milan? What's wrong Vinnie?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't I rate a reminder? C'mon, man. Don't you like me no more since Liverpool beat Milan? What's wrong Vinnie?

Well, if it isn't mister swelled-head moderator.
Were you at the game last week? :D

OK.....please sir ...mister moderator...sir....come and play with the wankers of Champlain tomorrow..sir. <grovel..grovel...grovel>.

Full props to Liverpool but unfiortunately no chance repeat next year...for now!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hook, line and sinker

Vinnie said:
OK.....please sir ...mister moderator...sir....come and play with the wankers of Champlain tomorrow. <grovel..grovel...grovel>.

Oh, I can't make it. Sorry. :D

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
Wed. June 1, 2005 AC ATH Mitchell School
Wed. June 1 JUS COS Walter Lee School
Wed. June 1 SPR UN Hugh Boyd 4
Thur. June 2 CHA CAN Walter Lee School

MNB INT Bye

AC 4-3 win over the team with the ugliest unies we have ever seen? Who are they?

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last week it was the Canadians 6 or 7 Justice 0. CIC, can you confirm? Finally have my internet working again. Looks like both of us won't be playing Thursdays.

Stew, how'd you guys do last night?

CHAB

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAB,

I beleive it was 7 last Wednesday, and without your stellar performance, it may have only been 6 ;)

Like you said I too can not play on Thursdays due to my commitment w/Club I. Hopefully the guys can pop a few by Vinnie tonight, that is to say, if Vinnie isn't to scared to get between the pipes. ;)

Vaselos,

The squad you played lastnight, did they have uniforms that look like our Provincial flag? Shoc-king to say the least.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
CIC,

Yeah......Do they have any openings in the Geriatrics league??? Stew, how about you guys, I heard you're as old as some of us (okay, maybe only 4 of us). I think the tourch is being passed to the young ones. Must be my timing CIC, but thanks for covering my arse, again, and again :D

See you next week,

CHAB

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
Vaselos,

The squad you played lastnight, did they have uniforms that look like our Provincial flag? Shoc-king to say the least.

Yes......u know who they are? Deceny squad though

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can 5
CH 2

Entertaining game to say the least.
CH started with a whopping 8 players and went down 2 by the 20 minute mark.
Soon after CH had a full squad and strarted to genmerate chances.
1st half ended at 2 - 2.
15 minutes or so Can had a corner that was sent in low and hard, bounced off almost every player in the box and ended up on the foot of the canadians strike, dedad center about 6 yds out...goal.

That kind of took the wind out of our sails.
Cdn center back then floated one in from near center and caught our keeper (not me) watching..goal.
The big "Kelso" (that 70's show) looking dude streamrolled his way in on our keep and poked in the finisher.

All in all an enjoyable game. Cdn's have some good talent and play a respectable game.

Also, another "interesting" demonstration of reffing by John.

Onto the ATH.

Vinnie

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amalgamation Cup:

Socceroos 2 Athletic Club BC 3
A questionable penalty cost us the game. They are fast and they have 15 subs.Their Uniforms are the ugliest,sadest most humiliating ,ever. You will know when you see it.
Not a bad squad however.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
Amalgamation Cup:

Socceroos 2 Athletic Club BC 3
A questionable penalty cost us the game. They are fast and they have 15 subs.Their Uniforms are the ugliest,sadest most humiliating ,ever. You will know when you see it.
Not a bad squad however.

I agree those unies are one of a kind....we (Air Canada) got past them 4-3 the night before, the do have some speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0