Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 RRSL-Airport League [Summer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it Dap in goal Vinnie?

Neither, new keeper that actually wants to play in net!!

Sure would be nice to know when and where our next game is a couple of days in advance

Vinnie

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAB:

Haven't posted for a while; too busy at work nowdays. :rolleyes:

Last week lost 3-0 to UN - lots of midfield movement, but no finish up front. Tonight against Inter, with hopefully a slightly more offensively-oriented lineup. We certainly find our forwards offensive. Ask Vaselos - he knows everything.

The Geriatric League does have lots of openings for the winter season (that's where Inter came from). We've even accepted teams from Richmond.... :p Thing is, you'll never be as old as I am :rolleyes: Only Father John and Grandpa Tony can claim that distinction.

Vinnie:Talked to El Presidente on Monday night; he says that he's still being fcuked around on the fields by the city, but claims that we're working from the same schedule as last year for a template. Figure who you played against this week last year and compare - see if you can call B.S.

Deceny indeed,

stew :cool:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it sure has been quiet lately so I'll start things off again by recaping the past game.
We took the piss out of Malt N Barley beating them by a final score of 6 -1 at least. Boy does that squad love to slide tackle, some good, some very bad..

Does anyone know who is playing whom and where? Why does it take so long to find out about games?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
Well it sure has been quiet lately so I'll start things off again by recaping the past game.
We took the piss out of Malt N Barley beating them by a final score of 6 -1 at least. Boy does that squad love to slide tackle, some good, some very bad..

Does anyone know who is playing whom and where? Why does it take so long to find out about games?

Because it is a Mickey Mouse league. :p

You better be ready for some slide tackling on the golf course on Saturday, CIChamp. :D

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Because it is a Mickey Mouse league. :p

You better be ready for some slide tackling on the golf course on Saturday, CIChamp. :D

When it comes to you, slide tackling and the golf course, all I need are my California Coolers to keep you at bay :D ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps:

We're at Walter Lee tonight vs the Kops. Hope you can make it....

Last week: lost 5-2 to Inter. Some pacey forwards that our depleted geriatrics couldn't keep up to in the 2nd half :rolleyes: Not outplayed but outworked. :mad:

beerZ,

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
CHAB:

Haven't posted for a while; too busy at work nowdays. :rolleyes:
Actually,

Jimmy the Piano is very bad at telling players when and where the games are. Daddy Douglas is taking over the team now so hopefully, we will know when and were we play well in advance. Yup, been working. Not sure if we're playing tonight.

CHAB

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost 4-2 to the team in the BC uni's, they had a couple of really good players. The turf does not help our style of play :).

Champ,
I really wish I could have been there last week, I hear you guys brought some guys out to deal with me.

Animal

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk it.....

Lost 4-1 to the Kops last night. Had enough chances, but we couldn't score until after our sweeper got red carded for smacking Warren from behind... too many bodies on the pitch to get in the way, I guess. Their keeper had a whole crate of horseshoes up his arse. :rolleyes:

Next week against Vinnie and his merry band of dumpster divers on Thursday at Diefenbaker....I saw El Presidente last night, and he actually had a schedule in his hand with this year's teams on it. Anybody's guess if he's actually going to distribute it to the rest of us, though.... :rolleyes:

Animal: you guys actually have a style of play? :D Pint for you and Grandpa Tony when we play you next time.....

beerz,

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
animal said:
We lost 4-2 to the team in the BC uni's, they had a couple of really good players. The turf does not help our style of play :).

Champ,
I really wish I could have been there last week, I hear you guys brought some guys out to deal with me.

Animal

What style of play would that be Animal, hump it high and long? Or is it kick the shite out of any/all competition? ;)

I don't know that we 'brought' anyone out to 'deal' with you, :confused: I recognized everyone on our sideline. Lord knows I can deal and get the job done against you, no problemo. :cool:

I think we play tonight but once again I won't be able to linkup with the boys due to my Club I commitment. Hopefully the boys can keep the undefeated strek going. :)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stew, sorry i didnt get back to you bout last night. I was at a clients, and couldnt make it out on time. Had I known earlier, I would have scheduled the client for another day. By the sounds of it, you don't find out till the day of either. :D

Anyways, you need me to come next Thursday?

The ankle is healed, I have pretty open schedule next week, so I can come out and hack Vinny.

Let me know.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
AC 11 Team w/ Red Jerseys 5

We went up 5-0 by halftime decided to throw Tinks in the net what a riot! No one wanted to play any defence on our team in the 2nd half one of their players got the ball on a breakaway at centre and our whole team stopped and watched it was hilarious I think we had 9 guys and they had 10 lots of room out there last night.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
Next week against Vinnie and his merry band of dumpster divers on Thursday at Diefenbaker

Stew, I'd talk to Vinnie and see if we will even have a team out next week. After the ending at last night's game, I am done playing for them and I don't even know if some others are willing to show up. It was our fault with what happened and UN are a class bunch for handling the situation well and accepting some of our apologies. I am embarrased with how some supposedly grown and mature men act and I'll leave it at that. Again contact Vinnie and good luck to all the rest of the way.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terms .....

It really is sad to see that three morons :knvb: :bronco: :wa: can ruin a half decent team. Personally if you got rid of (islamic midget :knvb: , east indian testosterone :bronco: and happy hispanic feet :wa: ) then you guys would be alright. I believe only one of them scored in a losing cause and they really were no where to be heard of all game. I say you cut your losses and bring out a few younger guys and let them get their feet in one of the worst leagues around. I am pretty sure that whoever had the wife and kid on the sideline was extatic to see a brawl break out in front of her. You guys were an alright bunch and from what the boys tell me they know a few of you and say you are half decent guys. However the next time we play just make sure they aren't there and I am sure all will be forgotten. Good luck the rest of the season and with your future lineup changes :D all the best the rattler!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys:

WTF happened? One of the guys on my team who works at the Board said that there was a brawl between UN and Champlain last week....didn't realize that anybody in the league was that ambitious :rolleyes: Nobody really needs crap like that, even with Father John reffing.....

Vinnie has already cancelled our game for Thursday (how does THAT work?), so we have the week off. Rest of schedule set for Wednesday night (wrestled out of El Presidente):

Air Canada vs Canadians @ Mitchell School
Malt'n"Barley vs UN @ Steveston High School
AC BC vs Cosmos @ Mercer Stadium
Justice vs Inter Steaua @ Walter Lee School

beerz,

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, last week was quite interesting.
Not sure why our Pursian friend went off like that based on the play of that night. The game (physically) was not anyu different from any of the other game. The odd late tackle, the odd shirt pull...professional fouls and so on. By both teams I might add.
But, the player in question was not really upset at the other team as he was with our team. So, he took it out on the goalie and then the rest of the other team. Go figure.

The player in question would like me apologize to the Un playetr and the rest of the league for his actions.

He will be back but after a few week hiatus (sp?).

The other 2 in question are fairly new to the team so I can't say much for them.

I decided to cancel this weeks game to give me an opertunity to talk with the guys on the team and get things worked out.

I say you cut your losses and bring out a few younger guys and let them get their feet in one of the worst leagues around

I'd love to, know any youngersters that want to play?

Anyways, we have lost a few players so I'll have to dig deep and see what I can do for the next while.

Anyone interested in getting some summer football in, can PM me.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
I'd love to, know any youngersters that want to play?
Vinnie, does that mean that Stew and I can't switch teams since you only want young players? Stew, guess it's back searching for that Geriatrics league. Let me know when you find one.

CHAB

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh CHAB don't think so negatively, look at tonight for example :D

AC 3 Canadians 4

Started off very well early scoring in the opening 5 minutes and it stayed that way until half. Second half started and we hit them for 3 very quick goals. Seemed like AC was still in the halftime huttle.

That's when the tired legs/lazyness set in and AC fought hard and were rewarded with 3 goals in about 15 minutes. They pressed, we hung on for the last 10 or 12 minutes and got the 3 points.

A well battled game, AC have some good lads on their squad.

What were the other results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0