Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 ACBC Challange Cup

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, ACBC lost to Vancouver Utd
I think it was 3 or 4-0
The Second Van Utd goal was a screamer set piece from the Second Half re start. Nobody saw the left winger bolt, and by the time the ball was smartly played to his feet noone could catch him and the poor keeper was left reaching back into the net. Milad was sent off for Van Utd, and ACBC carried the majority of the play following his red card, but VU did well to keep the clean sheet.

Also, Poco beat Acbc B in the Thrid place game.

Again Rich, Awesome weekend.:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know who made up Vancouver United? What division were most of the guys in?

Well done on a good weekend, Rich, And to you too, Bluenosejohn. Your team did very well under short notice. I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it out, m8, but it just wasn't possible......:( I'm sure I wouldn't have helped anyway. :(

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Anyone know who made up Vancouver United? What division were most of the guys in?

Well done on a good weekend, Rich, And to you too, Bluenosejohn. Your team did very well under short notice. I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it out, m8, but it just wasn't possible......:( I'm sure I wouldn't have helped anyway. :(

Basically a young Indo summer league team, but a damn good one! :cool:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winner Group A
ACBC-B -3
Winner Group B
Dewdney Coachmen -2

Winner Group C
Surrey Dynamo -1
Wild Card A
ACBC-A -7

Winner Group D
Vancouver United -11
Wild Card B
Korea Republic -1

Winner Group E
Port Moody Fury -3
Winner Group F
Kosova -0

Winner Group G
ACBC B -2
Winner Group H
ACBC A -2 **advances via penalty shoot out.

Winner Group I
Vancouver United -3
Winner Group J
Port Moody Fury -1

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
games to be played today

Winner Group K
ACBC A -0
Winner Group L
Vancouver United -4

Loser Group K
ACBC B -2
Loser Group L
Port Moody Fury -4

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st went to Vancouver United
2nd went to ACBC-A
3rd went to Port Moody Fury

Thanx to all for everything.
It was a sweet weekend and tons of fun.
I am now going to bed with the beer tix girl.
Looks like I won after all.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I recognised a few guys from Vancouver United from the India team at The nations Cup. Milad was also playing for them.
a really good squad.

Thanks for the comment Captain. We did okay. It just sucks winning three games and having the team not show up for the most important game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
I recognised a few guys from Vancouver United from the India team at The nations Cup. Milad was also playing for them.
a really good squad.

Thanks for the comment Captain. We did okay. It just sucks winning three games and having the team not show up for the most important game.

That's definitely disappointing. Next year as they say. :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece, who were you playing for?

Next year, I plan on knowing about our participation more than 4 days prior to commencing the tourney ;)
You never know, we might actually mix in a few training sessions :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were called "Inter Killarney" - Mikey's team that was looking for players in a blind panic. We ended up having at least 8 subs for the first game....:rolleyes:

Gurps, SCP, and Coolhead also played for this team.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Web site is now updated so please check out all the results and If we do decide to run this tournament again next year, the entree fee will be $1000 because that's what it costs to run an event at that location with 3 officials at every game. Plus the final knock out stages and trophies.
Not to mention the prize money.
If you would be interested in returning next year do send me a note because we do have allot of interest from other teams now. Now that the word has gotten out about how much fun we all had.
We will also will be asking for a $250 refundable performance bond so as to make sure all teams show up even after they are knocked out.
All fields at that location must be paid in December so I think if we ask you all to pay your entree fee by January 1st we will then guarantee your spot.. If you don't pay by then I will give your spot away to the next team inline that wants in,,and there are 5 who have asked already.. Again its your spot until January 1st . You all were there for the first tournament so i do want all of you to have first crack at coming back. Please call me if you have any questions at 604 841 3441.
We are also thinking about doing a tournament over the Xmas break during the winter season. As many teams look for exabition games during that period to stay in shape. This Xmas tournament will get you those games and help keep the pounds of turkey off your belly. Not to mention get you ready for Cup play and the second half of the winter season and the playoffs.
Let me know what you think.
Thanx again to all of you for playing hard and supporting our event.
It was good to meet all of you.
Good luck in your next season.
Rich

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rich, who won the individual trophies? MVP? Golden boot? Any pics from the weekend? specifically beer-garden ladies?!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Dynamo won the most Sportsmanlike Trophy.
I hope the Guy that played left half for Vancouver United won most valuable Player. Him or their Captain that played right back in the final. He was also greta all tourney.
And the ACBC A Keeper should have won keeper of the Tourney if he didn't.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this a legit Div2/3 tournament or do teams stack themselves for the prize money?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0