Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Cup Early Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slurrey United looks strong, especially when knvb is on the bench throwing water bottles, but if you hit the side lines and throw a hissy fit, the coach will put you back in after 20 minutes, even though the young guns are on the bench.

Sheps looked great in the pipes, where was Smiley?

hos

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first couple of rounds are all about the draw!!!
Teams to traditionally look for in the VISL are Gorge and Vantreights, but apparently Gordon Head is doing the business this season??? We all know how much different a game it is if played on the Island...
VMSL have a handful of teams that could win the Cup... Surrey United, Inter, Metro Ford, Columbus Clan and defending Champs Sporting... On any given day these teams could beat anyone...
FVSL changed their pecking order this season and should strengthen their challenge... Chilliwack, Langley and PAU have all qualified again this year and it looks like North Delta Lions will be the 4th team.

BTW, when's the draw???

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Gordon Head boys from the island looked good early, but have faultered lately and may not even qualify for the BC's if they don't make the CUP FINAL. The usual suspects of Gorge and Vantreights will be there, but the sleeper could be Cowichan or Bays Blue...heads up Mainlanders.
Is Sporting going to pack 11 defenders again this year and wait for penalty shots or are they gonna try to play with soccer? Heard they didn't fair well at Nationals.
By the way, is it true the 2 BC CUP Finalists get a birth to Nationals in Surrey?

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you even watch Sporting play last year? Because if you did, then you would know we didn't pack the box with 11. Look at our stats, we score a lot of goals.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just not in the BC's. ;)

Smiles wife was ill and he couldn't make it Sunday and I didn't just throw the water bottles, I held my breath too.

I'm calling a at least one FVSL "upset" if you so choose to call it that this year.

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only know of Sportings results in BCs ..... three times pks
In the end..it doesn't matter b/c they won...so good on them.

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As per BC soccer.net

Mens Provincial Final is May 14/06 at Towncentre Stadium

Why wouldnt they just have it Swangard before a caps game again? I thought Lats years set up was great for the Caps.

Any word on when the Draw is going to happen?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draw usually takes place second week of April I think (maybe the first).

Interesting that the final venue has changed... will have to ask a BC Soccer guest on the Up Front show in the future.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What will be interesting to see is if Chilli can get a home draw. This may be the year for them to make some noise. It is in the realm of possibility that they can get to the semis, and from there, who knows.

If they have to travel far though, could be a quick exit.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Spy said:
As per BC soccer.net

Mens Provincial Final is May 14/06 at Towncentre Stadium

Why wouldnt they just have it Swangard before a caps game again? I thought Lats years set up was great for the Caps.

Any word on when the Draw is going to happen?

I think the caps were pissed because the game went to overtime and then shootouts. They were pissed because they didn't get on the field to really late. I think that was the problem if I can remember. Maybe KNVB can confirm that he seems to know useless shite like that. :D

Cheers
JB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do know useless shite which would explain why I am so fond of you my dearest. They were pretty pissed come to think of it, so to be honest it sounds like a reasonable explanation.

godfather

Jan 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting all the way this year,they picked up three very good players and Mike Gomes being back should be good enough for a 2 peat. good luck boys with you all the way.

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2006 Provincial A Cup

Round 1 April 22/23
Quarter Finals April 29/30
Semi finals May 6/7
Finals - Town Centre Stadium, Coquitlam May 14th

Heres the schedule, doesnt say anything on when the draw is.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VISL should have their 2 teams known soon as they are at the semi-finals round now of the Jackson Cup. Really liking Bays United Blue to make some noise if they can win their semi game. Bunch of ex-UVic players and they have been on a roll in league play after a terrible start to the season.

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
VISL semifinals..... Gorge vs Gordon Head .... Bays Blue vs Vantreights. Gorge are the only team guaranteed a BC birth thus far because they won the league. Games go this weekend. What about Vancouver...who is in already?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro-Ford, Slurrey, Sporting, Clanbus, Inter, Sapperton, Firemen... either the Croats or Norvan will be the eighth.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Spy said:
2006 Provincial A Cup

Round 1 April 22/23
Quarter Finals April 29/30
Semi finals May 6/7
Finals - Town Centre Stadium, Coquitlam May 14th

Heres the schedule, doesnt say anything on when the draw is.
According to the BC Soccer website:

Cup Draw for the Men is April 11th.

If anyone cares, the Cup Draw for the Women is April 3rd with the games as follows:

Round 1 April 8/9
Quarter Finals April 22/23
Semi finals April 29/30
Finals - Town Centre Stadium, Coquitlam May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars