Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Cup Early Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So do teams actually get SEEDED for the draw at all. Would be a shame for the top four teams in BC (whoever they may be) to play in the first round. I know the VISL seeds the Jackson Cup winner #1 and runner up #2....which doesn't make sense for a team that wins the league...but that is how they set it up. Anyone starting to get pumped? Any news on the 2 births to Nationals?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No seeds last year - just whatever order Robby Brown's hand came out of the mug with the team names.

Individual leagues may put their qualifiers in that way, but it ain't how they're drawn...

I'm not evil, I'm just drawn this way,

Trece

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
VISL has a new entry into BCs... Bays Blue beat Vantreights in the Jackson Cup semifinals. They now automatically qualify. Watch out for them...very well organized and hardworking team.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree about Bays Blue. Ex-Uvic'ers with great keeper and a good mix of youth and experience. Noticed Gary Bryan bagged the winner on the weekend :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a quick note to some of you following this thread that might not be aware: We'll be webcasting the draw live on the 11th... I think it's at 7:00PM, so we'll start it up at 6:45...

Someone let the Island community know as I'm sure they would like to listen in.

Cheers,

~Regs.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's hope we'll know when and where we're playing over on the island if we go over....Last year was a joke going to Nanaimo on the very last minute.

SCK

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fields on the island are getting a lot better as of late. 2 fields in Victoria have been turfed recently and are very, very nice.
Shouldn't be any complaints. The draw will be very interesting to see. Anyone know if there are two berths to nationals because it is in B.C.?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vike: As far as I know, the Masters Westerns are undecided. The Open tournament is slated for Surrey. According to the C.S.A. website...

SCK

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regardless of the draw, it appears that the Columbus-Clan (the Imperial Cup Champs) will have to play their first game without their leading goal scorer.

SCIGLIANO, Joe Columbus-Clan FC 'A' Premier 2006-03-26 2 Games $20

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilly said:
Regardless of the draw, it appears that the Columbus-Clan (the Imperial Cup Champs) will have to play their first game without their leading goal scorer.

SCIGLIANO, Joe Columbus-Clan FC 'A' Premier 2006-03-26 2 Games $20

I think the second yellow came during the taping with reedie and thomo.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Teams are set from the Island as of today. I am not too sure how they will be seeded in the draw but the teams from the Island are as follows:

Gorge
Vantrieghts
Bays United Blue
Gordon Head

What teams are in from the VMSL and Fraser Valley?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL Teams;

Metro Ford
Inter
Sporting
Firefighters
Surrey
Sapperton
Columbus
Croatia

Off the top of my head. Think that is right.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Vike said:
The Teams are set from the Island as of today. I am not too sure how they will be seeded in the draw but the teams from the Island are as follows:

Gorge
Vantrieghts
Bays United Blue
Gordon Head

What teams are in from the VMSL and Fraser Valley?

Are they all from Victoria or is that Bays team from North Island?

Not fun heading over to the Island in the first round, unless you stay right downtown at the hotel with 3 bars.

hos

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Are they all from Victoria or is that Bays team from North Island?

Not fun heading over to the Island in the first round, unless you stay right downtown at the hotel with 3 bars.

hos

All from Victoria. Bays has been HOT and hadn't lost in something like 17 weeks before the Island final.

Wgoodman

Apr 28, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well here is the island view from and islander,

Gorge will be a title contender

Vantreights could win a few rounds

Bays on fire second half of the year

GH squeaked into bcs and will have trouble

With a good draw and some home games the island could have two in the semis!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think this year, more than any other, due to the genius 4+ week lay-off for VMSL sides and nearly 6 for some FVSL teams there could be some serious upsets in this one-off type bracket. Aren't we all glad we played mid-week and in gale-force winds and rain now? I don't think any game rusty VMSL or Valley side for that matter wants to head to Victoria (and for more than just soccer this time)for round 1, nor do I believe anyone wants to head out Chilliwack (again, for more than just football) on a Friday or Saturday night. Watch out for a Langley to put an Island or unsuspecting VMSL side on it's arse too.

My predictions...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knut, every year people piss and moan about how the Imperial Cup and/or League Cup is played after or too close too the 1st round of Provincials, so the League just wen ahead and got it done by mid march so all the Cup games could get outa the way, plus a late long weekend in April doesn't help when no one wants to be playing Cup games on the 4 days off.

How is the red card or yellow card situation for teams this year, have only heard about Scigs with ClanBus, about other players, or is it a secret like injuries this time of year?

hos

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

The excellent site show that the only VMSL teams with players in card trouble and suspended for the first game of the provincials are:

Columbus with Joe Scigliano and Andrea Bellisomo

Sporting with Ryan Dormer

Gilly

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to the draw tomorrow night. Hopefully teams are spaced out evenly and two title-contenders don't play in the first round. Then again, on any given day, anyone is a contender. Gotta luv the CUP season....no pretenders, all contenders. Have I said "contenders" yet... ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0