Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Cup Early Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draw is In:

Chilliwack
Firemen
Sporting
Columbus
VanTrieghts
Sapperton
GH
Inter
Croatia
PAU
Gorge
ND
Langley
Metro Ford
Bays
Surrey

Thats my call......

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the only way 2 islanders will get to the semis. In the past, this would never happen (Azzi and closed door "draws"), but now that it's live on Up Front, anything is possible.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure we'll get a better version up soon.

This is what i got from the broadcast:

Gorge FC vs Bays United
-------------------------
PAU vs Vantreights
-------------------
Surrey vs Langley
----------------------
Firefighters vs Metro Ford
----------------------------
Inter vs Sporting
------------------
Columbus vs Chilliwack
---------------------------
Gordon Head vs Croatia
-----------------------
Sapperton vs North Delta

Fckuing got to go to the island.... :mad:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was awesome! Congratulate TTP for the broadcast. It was intense. I was shaking writing down the draw-especially when the 1st 5 teams were drawn. WOW!

Regs, Thomo, Reedie- great stuff!

BTW I like Sapp's chances.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
Draw is In:

Chilliwack
Firemen
Sporting
Columbus
VanTrieghts
Sapperton
GH
Inter
Croatia
PAU
Gorge
ND
Langley
Metro Ford
Bays
Surrey

Thats my call......
I was way off.

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would have been nice to be able to get off the island sometime in the first 2 rounds... don't think that will happen. We were looking forward to a roadie.

Yet all the mainlanders hate coming here... There is a strange sense of satisfaction knowing this...

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the sounds of it, Grodon Head have already claimed a final spot.....somehow? Yeah the keeper is top notch, and they have a striker... but lets be honest....if Croatia can match them in the physical department, I don't see them as much of a threat. :eek:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some game times and parks have been set as per VMSL site:

2006 OPEN MEN PROVINCE CUP

ROUND OF 16--2006-04-22/23

Game 1: Gorge FC vs Bays United

Game 2: Peace Arch United vs Van Treights

Game 3: Surrey United vs Langley United

Game 4: Firefighters vs Metro-Ford Wolves, 2006-04-22, at Adanac Park at 2:00 p.m.

Game 5: ICSF Inter vs Sporting Club, 2006-04-22, at Adanac Park at 12:00 noon

Game 6: Columbus-Clan FC vs Chilliwack Rapids

Game 7: Gordon Head Titans vs Croatia SC, 2006-04-23, at Royal Athletic Park at 2:00 pm

Game 8: Sapperton Rovers vs North Delta Lions, 2006-04-22, at Queen's Park Stadium at 2:00 pm

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Predictions:

Gorge FC vs Bays United . In the BIG upset of the Cup. Obviously I don't have much insight with the Island, but apparently the Bays played Gorge tough all season - winning once, this will be the 2nd. We need one upset. 2-1 OT

Peace Arch United vs Van Treights. PAU looked good in the Pak semis but were brutal in the final. I think the latter team shows up and gets hammered. 3-0

Surrey United vs Langley United. It's SU. They never lose in the 1st or 2nd round. They are a really good side. 2-0

Firefighters vs Metro-Ford Wolves. A minor upset. MF is just not on their game - peaked way too early and are missing key players and experience. Firemen are a gritty bunch and the pressure of the cup will get to MF. If the Firemen are smart, they would play this one at Clinton. 2-buzz midway through the 2nd, MF will get one with 10 to go, but too little-too late. 2-1

ICSF Inter vs Sporting Club. Literally, an "Eene-Meene Minee Moe" pick. A total toss up. 2 great teams - one great game. 1 lucky bounce may decide this one but this is the cup. 2-1 PK (as usual)

Columbus-Clan FC vs Chilliwack Rapids. Another tough call. Columbus has talent and speed, but are missing their main striker. Chilliwack is porous at the back and Joe and King would have exploited this. Chilliwack is big and plays long ball. Skilled in some key positions, but their big threat is the set play. This will be the difference. Columbus is a good team and Imperial Cup winners - they won their cup. Chilli will bash and grind out a tough win.....but a turf game might change the tide. 3-2

Gordon Head Titans vs Croatia SC. A better team than their record. They play a good game, but always seemed to get robbed by opposition goalies. GH is missing their goalie for this one. 2-1

Sapperton Rovers vs North Delta Lions. As long as Sapp comes out and plays hard and smart. 2-0

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus has talent and speed, but are missing their main striker
Are you sure about that? I thought Clanbus played this past weekend? Didn't Joe only get one game and thus he's ready to go now?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joe got a 2 game suspension. He sat against Sapp and that was their last league game. he and another Clan guy have to sit the 1st game.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The best part about a random draw is the tension and excitement... Here's what I think.

Gorge - experienced side will get it done
PAU - getting beat in the PAK final was a wake up call
SU - got thumped by Langley a few weeks back, revenge factor
MF - good young side will be prepared for this one
Pork Chops - this could go either way, but my gut says pork over sausage
Chilli - Clanbus knows nothing about Chilli and will let it slip away
GH - Keeper didn't stop us last year, but now they get the home draw
Sap - mentally and physically superior squad will not take a valley team lightly

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record GH got punished 7-1 in the Island semi's without their keeper.....Van Treights lost a tough one to Bays on a saved peno in the last 5 mins...but definately had most of the play. They will be pumped for the BC's.
Bays are a hard working team with a keeper that stood on his head in the cup final saving at least 5 clear cut goals to make it a close one. They will be ready to battle Gorge again.
Gorge has been there before, and remembers their mistakes from last year. So long as they get past their buddies on Bays...look out!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Bays/Gorge game will be sweet. They all know each other really well. Bays keeper is great and keeps them in it.

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats the bummer.... to be honest most of the Gorge guys would love to see Bays go all the way to the final......if they were on the other side.

Hey, what is the Peace Arch team like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0