Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Provincial Cup Early Discussion

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the BC Soccer site, the schedule for the BC Masters goes as follows:

1st round, April 22/23
1/4 Finals, April 29/30
Semi Finals May 6/7
Final, May 14, Town Center Coquitlam

So far the following teams have qualified that I am aware of:

VMSL (6 spots):

West Van FC
Inter
Columbus FC
WFC Westside
Wickham FC
Vancouver Firefighters

NSCL (3 spots): ( I think, but I may be slightly off on this can Cside or any other NSCLers confirm)?

Coveside FC
Nordic FC
Norvan

FVSL (3 spots) (Regs, Coach, anyone?)

VISL (4 spots) These traditionally do not get determined until quite late in the game...

I am guessing the draw will be April 11...

Comments?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just heard last night that they gave back our 3rd spot...

I think it's league winner plus the 2 cup finalists that go through.

As long as one of the 2 "big clubs" wins their semi this weekend, it will be BRM, FireRangers, and a third yet to be determined.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are in along with the ScUm I'm led to believe.
1 - 2 in the league are through.
Don't quite know how the 3rd spot is determined.
I'm assuming Cup finalist.

Regs:
Brilliant idea to broadcast all the draws live on Up Front with Reed and Thomo.

Adios,
RF

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Fellas...

Anyone confirm the info you guys are tossing about? If its First in the league and the two cup finalists what happens if 1 - 2 in the league ARE the Cup finalists?? Is there a 3rd spot for sure that we know about? Will it be 3rd place in the league standings that gets in or ONE of the cup finalists if it happens to be either Sapp or AllBlacks..Anyways, you know what Im getting at....:p

Yes, hanging by the skin of our TEETH :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
We are in along with the ScUm I'm led to believe.
1 - 2 in the league are through.
Adios,
RF

OK so that makes 11. 5 to go, you'd have to assume it will be a cup finalist in the FVSL, but if the Defenders and SU are in the final then what? 3rd spot in league if 3rd and 4th both lost in the semis?

OK sit back and digest this:

VMSL are all set.

In the NSCL it looks as if 3 teams are in (and if memory serves this league takes the top 3 in its 1st Div as being in):

Coveside: 16 GP, 13 Ws, 3 Ls, 0 ties, 39 points.
Norvan: 17 GP, 11 Ws, 3 Ls, 3 ties, 36 points.
Nordic: 16 GP, 11 Ws, 4 Ls, 1 tie, 34 points.

No one else is close, Nordic it appears has to play Coveside, (each have one game left) to see if they can get 2nd, but don't know if it really matters. So those 3 are in.

FVSL: SU (20 games, 52 points) and SFC (19 games, 47 points) are in. Standings after those two (who are not reachable, just kind of a 19 point gap between 2nd and 3rd and 2nd place team has two games in hand gets in the way) goes as follows:

Delta Utd: 21 games played. 28 points.
Sapp: 19 games played, 27 points.
PAU: 19 games played, 23 points.

It looks like all teams play 21 league games so there definitely could be some movement for 3rd place (and a BC spot if they count back on the cup final!) Looks like SU, SFC, Sapp and PAU have games to play so if those two lower teams can kind of avoid the big two, well who knows. Then in the Cup, its SU vs Sapp in one semi, and SFC vs All Blacks so they may have a chance.

Thats very clear I am sure. :p Just wait til my next post. I am going to tackle the VISL next :eek: , but I need time to think about that one, it may be well one of those 6AM posts...

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SIr M

You are correct with the 3 teams. The remaining game between us and Coveside means nothing really, except finishing higher than Norvan. We will be playing it before the provincials as a tune-up. After our blowout loss to them in the league final, it will be a good test to redeem ourselves.:(

Any one have an idea when the sked might come out? Personally I am hoping for an 'island get-away', then the oh so common call in sick on Monday for that extra night on the island.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tee said:
SIr M

You are correct with the 3 teams. The remaining game between us and Coveside means nothing really, except finishing higher than Norvan. We will be playing it before the provincials as a tune-up. After our blowout loss to them in the league final, it will be a good test to redeem ourselves.:(

Any one have an idea when the sked might come out? Personally I am hoping for an 'island get-away', then the oh so common call in sick on Monday for that extra night on the island.

Call in sick? Come on. Toughen up brother. :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Tee the draw will be April 11, everyone I think is looking for an away game on the Island too!

Are you now old enough this year?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys want to do an Island trip? It might be a northern swing: I was talking to a buddy who plays for Nanaimo and he said they were undefeated this year and should have a VISL berth.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I don't think anyone was really wanting to go to Nanaimo...maybe somewhere a bit south of there :wa: . But you are right about the Nanaimo side, stayed tuned for the 0600 A.M. in depth VISL analysis, possibly including a live call in show UP FRONT WITH KJELL BRODSGAARD.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Island shenanigans:

Grover Cup semifinalists:
Victoria Athletics vs Vantreights (Friday night)
UVic Alumni vs Vic West (Saturday night)

League (G/W/L/T/Pts):
Nanaimo 16 12 2 2 38
Athletics 16 11 4 1 34
UVic 17 10 4 3 33
Gordon Hd. 18 7 7 4 25

Nothing on their Nearly Most Excellent Site about the procedure used to determine Provincial Cup reps.

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But then I just checked their website and they seem to have lost a couple...still finished up top though.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Tee,

After the whack you gave my ankle on sunday I had to take monday and tuesday off;). The island getaway sounds a good bet. If we graw Nordic can we play it in Victoria?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vicman, have qualified with Wickham first year out and am hoping for a trip to the Island. Keep your fingers crossed for a draw and we'll lock horns. You don't want the rest of this lot, and it doesn't sound like we want Naniamo.

Good luck in your semi.

Cheers,
J

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nanaimo, if it's the same team as last year, are a good group. They have a tremendously talented midfielder(can't think of the name..) and their goalkeeper let's them stay in the game. Also, their fields are usually crap and refereeing....well you know how it sometimes is.

SCK

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Utd: 21 games played. 28 points.
Sapp: 19 games played, 27 points.
PAU: 19 games played, 23 points.

Sapp and PAU play each other once I think... Sapp also has FireRangers while PAU has us.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The way the Valley spots will go is as follows.

Top two in the league are in.

Surrey U and Rangers.

The third spot is for the Winner of the Masters Cup.

In other words, if Sapp or All Blacks win this weekend they are still not in. One of them has to get to the final and win it.

If neither team wins the cup, the Third place team in the league will get the spot..

Sorry but those are the rules that have been in place for over a few years now.

League 1, League 2, Cup Winner or Third Place Team.

Hope this clears the spots up for you.

It looks as though Sapp could have to play some games here really quick? They still have three league games to go.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
It looks as though Sapp could have to play some games here really quick? They still have three league games to go.

Coach obviously you are the FVSL expert here, but do you guys play a 22 game schedule? If SAPP has played 19 games, and it is an 8 team league, I was assuming that it was a 21 game schedule, (each team playing every other team in the league 3 times).

So don't they have two games t o play (Regs, above, mentioned vs you guys and PAU). Am I missing something? In any event, if that is confusing, I am going to once again try to tackle the VISL shortly.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
21 games, Coach is on crack (probably RF's).

:D

K that makes sense, it looks like PAU will have to win two very tough games and have SAPP lose to SFC (And to PAU of course). A very tough task. What if Sapp loses to PAU and ties SFC...and PAU somehow wins both? 3 way tie? What then?

By the way, what happened to PAU this year, they certainly have not done as well as in the past few years, did they fire their coach or something?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0