Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Provincial Cup Early Discussion

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,

I am certainly impressed with your ability to make sense of every league, especially ours. I just show up and play. Haven't figured anything out until now..........when you came along.

Thanks.:)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
K that makes sense, it looks like PAU will have to win two very tough games and have SAPP lose to SFC (And to PAU of course). A very tough task. What if Sapp loses to PAU and ties SFC...and PAU somehow wins both? 3 way tie? What then?

Well if PAU wins both then they are thru unless Sapp wins their final game. A draw does them no good since that'll take Sapp to 28 and if PAU wins both then that's 29. I think 23+6=29 no???

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
Sir M,

I am certainly impressed with your ability to make sense of every league, especially ours. Thanks.:)

I would not say that yet. However, the Sir M research team has set up a matrix and is digitally analyzing all possible permutations re the VISL...wait gotta run, the hard drive just caught on fire!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, after being pretty VERKLEMPT after WVan Peg's second straight loss, I have decided to come up with a new topic on this thread...it is called:

SIR M'S EXCELLENT MASTERS POWER RANKINGS

This applies to Provincial qualifiers only, and clearly will change from week to week. VISL teams are currently excluded but will be included after their teams are set for the BCs.

Sir M's March 27, 2006 Power Rankings:

1. SFC Rangers (2nd place FVSL). Yes SU has handled them more or less this year, but SFC is on form of late and SU has struggled a bit. And they are Champions.

2. Columbus FC. (3rd, VMSL I think). An extremely talented side, a bit suspect in the back, with Sal, one of the most dangerous attacking players in the Province in this age group, and on fire of late. But methinks Sarge may be a year too young?

3. Surrey United. (1st, FVSL). A perennial powerhouse, Sir M's vote as team you most do not want to play in the first round, but currently off form.

4. WVFC Peg. (1st, VMSL). Very talented, yet very enigmatic, were having a dream season, but have not won in 3 games. Can hammer anyone, and lose to anyone. Depends on coaching.:rolleyes:

5. ICSF Inter. (2nd, VMSL I think). Could have been way higher in Sir M's rankings but are like Peg (but not as bad) in the doldrums lately. A cup win against Columbus could drastically change this ranking. And they have great goaltending (see below).

6. WFC Westside. (4th, VMSL). In the semis in the cup, beat WVFC by 2 on the weekend to atone for their earlier in the year 3-0 loss. John Catliff (and Merkl) are the X factor(s).

7. Vancouver Fire. (5th VMSL). Very poor form of late, and a terrible first round result last year in the BCs. But too much experience to be counted out.

8. FVSL #3 qualifiers because they are always tough.

9. Wickham F. C. (VMSL, 2nd Div 1). Think they are a year away.

10. Nordic F.C. (2nd, NSCL). If Tee is of age, and get a decent draw, could go into the second round.

11. Norvan F.C. (3rd, NSCL). I think most of their players are of age, but do not have a good recent track record in this competition.

12. Coveside F.C. (1st, NSCL). Champions and cupwinners in the NSCL, and a hard playing team, but from what I understand they have about 7 players more or less starting who are not yet 35. If that number changes by half, Sir M may move them up into Wickham territory.​

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you've given Columbus too much credit, I would have them below you guys..and probably Inter to boot.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would agree, Peter. Not that I am biased. We've beaten them twice and they have an awful lot of losses and/or ties. And I wouldn't place SU so high since they've lost a few. My take is:
Rangers, WV, Inter, Su, Columbus, and WFC in that order.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK if you beat Columbus this weekend, , you will be ranked top two... or three, depends on what Peg does!:p ). I personally am not a big (Glasgow yes, Surrey not so much) Rangers fan by the way at least from what I saw last year, but bottom line, they won (it all), I have my own opinion as to how we, for example would match up this year,...but...it is obviously close for everyone, and you must admit that you (and us, and SU) have not been on form of late. And SU (almost) always seems to get the job done (as opposed to us :mad: ). The teams that are on form are ranked higher.

Other thoughts?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting. Our league(VMSL) is the best league. Yes, SU and Rangers are one-two in the FVSL but that's it I think. You are still(the last time I looked) in first which we cannot debate. So, I've ranked you guys higher than us and SU. Doldrums or not, the fact is you've lost only once(in league play) and I am assuming that you'll be back on track very soon... We should be there as well. As for Columbus, they should have beaten you guys to climb to second. They have also had some very marginal games in recent past. I just don't see SU higher than us or Columbus for that matter. We'll see on the weekend with the latter.

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that I am sure will open up some discussion SCK. I think you meant Columbus "could" have beaten us as opposed to "should" (BIG M!!). I am really basing their ranking on the last two games I saw them play: yes against us they were fortumate to get the tie, but they looked a lot better than the 1st time we played them this year, but we had pretty well (a rare occurence) everyone out...and they did look good. And they looked very dangerous against Firemen as well. I thought especially in the Firemen game that both Sal and Benji were on fire.

I'm not saying you can't beat them at all though.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:
I know that everyone hates us but did not think to put you into that majority category.
My feelings are hurt now. ;)

Have not seen any VMSL games this year so will go on gut (beer gut that is) and from what I've heard on here and elsewhere.
Getting to the dance all depends on the draw too I suppose but here goes if I were to rank:

I would rank you and SU at the top as favourites.

Next three would be us, Columbus, Inter in no particular order.

Westside right behind.

Firemen next.

THEN, I would go with two of the Island entrants.
Any two of the top 3 mentioned earlier from over there.
My hunch is one of the teams from Victoria will make an impact.
I'll say Nanaimo and Victoria Athletics.

Wickham FC to round out at 10.

Cheers Sir M - Good debate.

RF

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF!! :confused:Geez, I rank you first, I defend you against all these detractors, and all I say is I like Glasgow Rangers better, and all of a sudden I HATE you?

This reminds me of the time at a family wedding when there was a bit of a discussion about Mrs. Sir M's derriere. (We were speaking at that point).

Mrs. SM: "Honey, do you think I should have worn a dress? I think maybe a pant suit is a bit too stuffy..."

Sir M: (Many glasses of wine, and a few 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, rum and coke pours in with my brother)...

"your ass looks fat in those pants"...

Mrs. SM: "MY ASS LOOKS FAT IN THESE PANTS... I AM GOING TO TALK TO DADDY!" (which believe me I know what happens next, Mr. Moneybags gets annoyed and has a "car" drive his little girl home...and its Guest house again...:))

Sir M: "Your ass looks fat in those pants? Honey, the music is loud, and quit having so much wine, what I said was , "Would you like to dance?...:rolleyes: "

Mrs. SM: (Deadpan, and it is difficult to describe how coldly...)

"They have not served the first course yet". :eek:

Just like her to totally keep track of when we eat next...

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
Ok, after being pretty VERKLEMPT after WVan Peg's second straight loss, I have decided to come up with a new topic on this thread...it is called:

SIR M'S EXCELLENT MASTERS POWER RANKINGS

This applies to Provincial qualifiers only, and clearly will change from week to week. VISL teams are currently excluded but will be included after their teams are set for the BCs.

Sir M's March 27, 2006 Power Rankings:

1. SFC Rangers (2nd place FVSL). Yes SU has handled them more or less this year, but SFC is on form of late and SU has struggled a bit. And they are Champions.

2. Columbus FC. (3rd, VMSL I think). An extremely talented side, a bit suspect in the back, with Sal, one of the most dangerous attacking players in the Province in this age group, and on fire of late. But methinks Sarge may be a year too young?

3. Surrey United. (1st, FVSL). A perennial powerhouse, Sir M's vote as team you most do not want to play in the first round, but currently off form.

4. WVFC Peg. (1st, VMSL). Very talented, yet very enigmatic, were having a dream season, but have not won in 3 games. Can hammer anyone, and lose to anyone. Depends on coaching.:rolleyes:

5. ICSF Inter. (2nd, VMSL I think). Could have been way higher in Sir M's rankings but are like Peg (but not as bad) in the doldrums lately. A cup win against Columbus could drastically change this ranking. And they have great goaltending (see below).

6. WFC Westside. (4th, VMSL). In the semis in the cup, beat WVFC by 2 on the weekend to atone for their earlier in the year 3-0 loss. John Catliff (and Merkl) are the X factor(s).

7. Vancouver Fire. (5th VMSL). Very poor form of late, and a terrible first round result last year in the BCs. But too much experience to be counted out.

8. FVSL #3 qualifiers because they are always tough.

9. Wickham F. C. (VMSL, 2nd Div 1). Think they are a year away.

10. Nordic F.C. (2nd, NSCL). If Tee is of age, and get a decent draw, could go into the second round.

11. Norvan F.C. (3rd, NSCL). I think most of their players are of age, but do not have a good recent track record in this competition.

12. Coveside F.C. (1st, NSCL). Champions and cupwinners in the NSCL, and a hard playing team, but from what I understand they have about 7 players more or less starting who are not yet 35. If that number changes by half, Sir M may move them up into Wickham territory.​

I'm not going to even bite on that one!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sir m,

your power rankings are very interesting and I'm sure you put alot of thought and effort into your rankings.

1. rangers - good call
2. wvpegs - look at the result minus the blips in the map
3. ~regs~ BRM - always tough
4. columbus - tough match up but inconsistent
5. tie here with Inter and WSide
7. FVSL 3rd place - unknown at the minute
8. the island first place squad -
9,10,11....VanFF, Nshore, et aland

it's really got to be the top 5 VMSL, top 2 FVSL,
and the couple of add on from the island and North shore...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, All of the scores are in, Sir M has taken in (portions of) the Inter/Columbus and Coveside/Norvan games, and the Sir M scouting staff has reported in on the Westside/Wickham Friday night affair, as well as the big SU/SFC Rangers clash out in Slurrey, so, we are ready now for week two of:

SIR M'S EXCELLENT POWER RANKINGS

1. SFC Rangers: The top ranking of week one may have had a bit to do with respecting the (Western) Canadian Champs achievements of last year, but after this Sunday's disposal of the league leading Surrey United in a Cup Final, the holders have rightfully claimed their stake at the top of the rankings.

2. Columbus F.C.: Columbus, after going down one early, came back and gave their arch-rival ICSF Inter a bit of a lesson today in Joga Bonito (not to be confused with the Wickham midfielder whose like "finally someone noticed the 40 year old Eric Catona look I have been sooo working on") football with three beautiful goals to reach the VMSL Cup final. They did it without Benji. In the BCS, can they do it without Sarge?

3. WVFC Peg.: Moving up one because they did not lose, or tie, nor did they play actually :rolleyes: .

4. Surrey United.: Still in first in the FVSL, but their loss today drops them one spot.

5. Wickham F.C.: Maybe they are not "a year away" after all...3 straight wins over Prem div VMSL Teams. They get Columbus next. As hard a working (according to former 15 goal man and contender for Golden Boot but now Sir M Power Rankings Scout thanks to being out for the last 2 months after doing his ankle in a selects exhibition match in Calgary, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,... smart coaching choice Sir M :eek: ) team as any in the VMSL (Masters:) ).

6. ICSF Inter. They were short today, but theirloss drops them one spot in the rankings nonetheless.

7. Vancouver Firefighters.: Did not lose, or tie this week, but were postponed at their request due to not being able to field a team vs WVFC. They need to get guys out, or will drop in these rankings.

8. FVSL number 3: ...hard to :bronco: "Peg":bronco: these guys, do not know who they are yet....

9. WFC Westside.: The big foreheaded Irish scout, mentioned above, states that they looked outclassed on Friday, may need a few new younger and fitter players.

10. Coveside F.C.: Caught a bit of their game today. Sir M still does not know who is 35 and who is younger on this side, but they were clearly the better team, by quite a bit, in the North Shore League Cup final.

11. Nordic F.C.: Did not stick around to see them play.

12. Norvan F. C.: Did not distinguish themselves today from what I saw, I am afraid. Gus Pilarinous did nothing up front, and their central defence dives in and #4 had a criminal giveaway on Coveside's 2nd (or was it 3rd?) goal. Slow motion football at this level.​

This week's top ranked team will recieve one Jagr-bomb (must be consumed on the premises) at Dickens' tree fort up above William Griffin Park.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see we are out of the mix after one loss?? We'll have to finish off strong in our remaining games to get back on to Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
I see we are out of the mix after one loss?? We'll have to finish off strong in our remaining games to get back on to Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings

SCK

:eek: Oopsie:eek: My apologies SCK, I had a pint or two after your Prem side fluked out a 2-1 win over our Prem side today out at Byrne Creek, and missed you guys. I have amended the rankings.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm. Interesting. I had heard Inter were all over them from a reliable source. However, they may have had a few pints as well... See you on Friday I guess. We should be okay for bodies at least better than last Sunday. What's the nearest watering hole in case we get a little crazy?

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
Hmm. Interesting. I had heard Inter were all over them from a reliable source. However, they may have had a few pints as well... See you on Friday I guess. We should be okay for bodies at least better than last Sunday. What's the nearest watering hole in case we get a little crazy?

SCK

There is a Cactus Club next door, also a Steamworks and I am told an upscale West Van Cougar bar (can't remember the name I think it starts with an O)...

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M

We were great :D

Maybe after the Coveside vs Nordic match this Sunday we can move up on a single place :rolleyes: on Sir M's predictometer

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
biggs said:
Sir M

We were great :D

Maybe after the Coveside vs Nordic match this Sunday we can move up on a single place :rolleyes: on Sir M's predictometer

I doubt it!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0