Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals [2006 Challenge Cup] Senior Men's National Championship

BC Teams @ Nationals
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp v Lucania (Mb)

Word from the Lucania camp is that Sapp dominated at the start and scored off a goalie miscue.

After that, Sapp did sit back and Lucania carried most of the play. They (mb) feel unfortunate not to have scored another as the goalie came up with some big saves.

Be interesting to see what WAB has to say about it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how solid an ASS I was, but was there for a brief spell of the FF game, and caught the last 35-40 of the Sap game.

When I got there, the score was 1-0 w/ Sap clearly in control. About 70 minutes, Sap right winger #20 misses not one, but two clear sitters inside the box. Now, I've heard of bottling it from inside the box, but this was ridiculous. At that point, I turn to my co-ASS, and say that #20 will have nightmares about those two.

Enter The Human Burrito.

Manitoba has this kid that stands about 5'3", and is just as wide. Seriously, he looks like the burrito I bought for lunch. When I go there, he didn't seem to be involved, and I could only assume that MB was short on players. Well, after the bottled misses by Sap, the tide turned. Sap sat 9 guys behind the ball, and proceeded to give the ball away at every opportunity. When they did, MB jumped all over it, and fed The Human Burrito (THB), who is not only very skilled, but impossible to strip the ball from. I suppose when the ball comes up to your knee, shielding becomes easier.

Anyhow, not to make light of THB's physical erm, attributes, the kid took over the game, highlighted by some incredible work in the South West corner to beat a couple of Sap defenders, and set the platter for their one and only marker.

After getting a puff from his breathalyzer, THB went back to center, and at it again- nearly scoring the winner on a screamer of a shot from about 25 that a Sap player blocked.

THB took a knock on the ankle late in the match, but Sap continued to give away possession, and give MB hope at pulling out the upset.

Hopefully Sap can indeed get in back door, to make this ASS happy.

Attachments

• Burrito Man.jpg
    Burrito Man.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 225

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, I failed to mention: uppon returning to my office, I discovered that someone STOLE my lunch.

I have a suspect, but don't want to jump to conclusions. :rolleyes:

If anyone has seen my burrito, send me a PM.

Many thanks, in advance.

~Dude.:cool:

PS: Sorry for the off-topic post, Regs.

Attachments

• Burrito.jpg
    Burrito.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 74

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemand vs Ontario.............avec Smallsy

Ontario with tons of skill, and PACE, especially up front and out wide. First half was an even affair and without the defensive blunder should have been 1-1 going into the break.

Second half was entertaining to say the least. Ontario went up 2-0 but just then they got sloppy and let in two goals on completely unmarked men inside the six for easy headers. At that point you got the feeling things would tighten up but nope.........before Fireman touched the ball off of the kickoff Ontario scored and it was game set and match from then on.

Fireman battled but IMO did not have the depth to handle Ontario. The Ontario side are very good. The goalie though is weak, especially on things coming into the box at him.....it seemed as though he was glued to his line.....

Tourny observations................first game of the week and it starts 12 minutes late:rolleyes: I saw absolutely no signage! Turnout was weak from a local standpoint.........We sat in the bleachers and were surronded by more folks from Ottawa than Vcr........with exceptions of course. For a sense of how many people watching the game.......maybe 200, bascially one sideline full of people.......disappointing.

Good luck tomorrow boys.

~J~

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs: tourney seemed well enough organized. For the Sap game, there were about 67 fans on hand, which swelled to a staggering 96 near the end of the match.

Beautiful day at the park. Pitch is as immaculately groomed as Posh Spice's vaginal area.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say Dude - Well done on that match review.

The only thing we needed in the report would be some fast guy to be up front with the nickname Speedy Gonzales...

Classic!

:D

Unlucky Sapp and Firemen.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I don't know how solid an ASS I was, but was there for a brief spell of the FF game, and caught the last 35-40 of the Sap game.

When I got there, the score was 1-0 w/ Sap clearly in control. About 70 minutes, Sap right winger #20 misses not one, but two clear sitters inside the box. Now, I've heard of bottling it from inside the box, but this was ridiculous. At that point, I turn to my co-ASS, and say that #20 will have nightmares about those two.

Enter The Human Burrito.

Manitoba has this kid that stands about 5'3", and is just as wide. Seriously, he looks like the burrito I bought for lunch. When I go there, he didn't seem to be involved, and I could only assume that MB was short on players. Well, after the bottled misses by Sap, the tide turned. Sap sat 9 guys behind the ball, and proceeded to give the ball away at every opportunity. When they did, MB jumped all over it, and fed The Human Burrito (THB), who is not only very skilled, but impossible to strip the ball from. I suppose when the ball comes up to your knee, shielding becomes easier.

Anyhow, not to make light of THB's physical erm, attributes, the kid took over the game, highlighted by some incredible work in the South West corner to beat a couple of Sap defenders, and set the platter for their one and only marker.

After getting a puff from his breathalyzer, THB went back to center, and at it again- nearly scoring the winner on a screamer of a shot from about 25 that a Sap player blocked.

THB took a knock on the ankle late in the match, but Sap continued to give away possession, and give MB hope at pulling out the upset.

Hopefully Sap can indeed get in back door, to make this ASS happy.

Who was reffing, Dude? It looks like his shirt is not tucked in. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In regards to the amount of people.....do they really expect to get a lot of people out at the times they're playing the games? MOST people have jobs and won't take time off their work to go watch this tournament. If they wanted more people would they not play all the games in the early evening/evening? Or is that too obvious OR is it not possible? :confused:

Evening games would get better crowds one would imagine....:(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think he was wondering if there were any poutine, or Newfies stuck on escalator sightings. :rolleyes:

PS: Welcome to TTP.

NewfSoccer

Oct 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You thoughts on the game. I usually play for St. Lawrence but had to commit to school this summer. Did St. lawrence play well. We have a radio brodcast of the games but they arent usually a good indication.

Cheers,

Rob

Linus

Oct 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
St Lawrence did play well, they dominated the first half and it looked like jet lag set in during the last 25 minutes. Either that or they tried to sit on their lead. Quebec took over from that point on and scored the tying goal 3 minutes into stoppage time, no injuries, a couple cards = 3 minutes referees time, doesn't make sense but that is the referees decision. Was a pretty good game, NL fans were great, there were about 25 of them there and it sounded like 300.

Linus

NewfSoccer

Oct 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you.

I guess I was wrong on my comment about the Radio because that's what the game sounded like. All St. Lawrence for most of the game and then PQ in the last 20 or 25. hopefully St.Lawrence can put the ball in the net in the next 2 games and get through to the medal round, although it might be hard to do as PQ are usually good finishers.

Cheers,

Rob

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My new ASS reports Firemen were up 1-0 with about 5 to go. It's surely over now. That result doesn't really help BC on the whole as Ottawa won again and sits on 6 points. Assuming Firemewn would have 3 and Sapperton 1 Sapp now needs to beat Ottawa and Firemen has to beat MB just to tie. Dunno how the tie breaker goes, but I hear it's head to head and Ottawa has already beaten Firetown. Doesn't look good for any BC team to medal.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 2 Sapperton 1

2 late goals for both teams. first, it looked like the firemen player was goin to the corner with the ball to kill time and 2 sapperton players went to check him and he turned both and dribbled in and scored. about 30 secs later sapperton add one of their own and then have one roll across the net inside the 6 with no sap player gettin a touch on it, looked like the goalie got a hand to it to keep it out

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My new ASS informs me that they have 3 groups of 4 teams. The top teams in each group goes through and the team with the most points after those three gets a wild card spot. The four play a Semi then a final. 6 points MAY be enough if Firetown can beat MB. So I guess there is an outside chance that they could play for a medal. Sadly, I think Sapperton are pretty much finished.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's with these 2 teams? Why play 90 minutes when it seems their games are always decided in the last 5? :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The scoreline from the Ottawa/Manitoba game was 4-0.

Alberta smoked Yukon 6-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0