Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Dr J

Gower is a bitch!:D

Actually pleas pass on the You Bitch call for me next time you see him. He'll know who it is
Sorry about hitting the post button twice lads. I went to public school you know...
Blaze Army, I would be happy to give him your kind greetings. He and Darryn, whom you also probably know,have just become dads and are probably too giddy to care anyway. It could have been the best three minutes of work they have done lately... You might also know a few others from your area on our team besides Andy and Darryn. Lee, Dan,and Ivan all grew up in your hood as well. Of course we try not to hold that against them.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tell them Congrats from Army if you ever see them.

Shhhh. They don't like it to be known they are fron the burbs originally. :rolleyes:

Cheers. Call Gower "You bitch" in the highest whinyiest voice you can.

G-Strang

Jan 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's and Bombastic were 0-0 at half, midway through we had a bit of a scare where there was a bit of a breakaway, fortunately i sat on the ball, then we started to carry all the play and plopped 2 goals in. Bit of rough stuff but it was all in good fun at the end...I think that sums 'er up. THE END

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic came to play and gave the 11 man Norvan Roster a good run and competed well in most parts of the parks with good organization. The 0-0 scoreline at half was fair. The 2nd half saw more of the play shift to the Bombastic half of the field and the goal scoring opportunities began to come. The 1st goal was going to be a huge goal for whoever that scored it and we did well to take the lead with some good passing to the outside and back in a fine finish. The goal took some of the wind out of the Bomastic sails and they began to breakdown with some of the team pushing up the field. We were able to exploit this with a game sealing 2nd goal on a well taken cross that found a rushing midfielder at the back of the post. Onto City FC Cobras...

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
looking around the different leagues, some teams have clinched provincial b tourney spots (tourney in Victoria May 26-28).

Burnaby Eagles
Dragons
All-blacks
Rovers
Gorge FC III

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
now exuse me while I go polish the Keith Millar Cup on my desk.

That's a good trick Watcher. Did you steal it from the winners? Maybe exchange it at the pawn shop for the VMSL Division 2 Cup?

Allright losers, you may have noticed the word predictions in the title of this thread. Let's have 'em. Last week saw some interesting results. The Yaletown, Primo, Fury and Belmont losses stick out the most for me. Where will the upsets be this week?

Mine:

PCOV-West Van Royals
Sporting Punjab-Wickham FC
Norvan JB's-City FC Cobras
Westside Rino-Surrey United
Signmaster SC-NK Hrvat
EV Socceroos-Richmond United
BC Romania-Nomads FC
Westside Knights-Green Devils FC

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like all of Dap's pics but I think the one exception will be the NK vs Signmaster. I see a 3-2 overtime result for Signmaster if they have their full squad.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Dap. I meant the Leo Bevilacua Trophy. I was thinking ahead to after the provincials when I will be sitting at my desk polishing the Keith Millar Cup.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting, JB's,and Richmond are the only clear favorites. I'll take both Westside teams, Pcov, Nomads, and in the MOTW, Hrvatska in penalties if they promise not to get too annoying if they go through... The Rinos vs. Surrey game should be a good one as well. Especially, as creepy as it may be, if they have both kept their firsts players down for the cup run.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV-West Van Royals
It's been a long fall from Div. 1 for PCOV, and having played only 2 games in 2006, they're bound to be a bit rusty.

Wickham will keep it close until half, but SPH should open them up in the 2nd and win by at least 2

No brainer

I'm not going to predict my own team's result, but this match should be good as these two teams have squared off a lot over the past few years.

Signmaster SC-NK Hrvat
Signmaster gets revenge for last season's cup final

Socceroos cinderella story ends here

BC Romania-Nomads FC
After last week's results you have to expect another high scoring match, which seem to be exactly what Romania like

Knights experience allows them to avenge earlier season losses to GDs

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV-West Van Royals
PCOV was lucky to win against a shite team like Real MacDonald, take Royals on this one...3-1

Wickham will not have the finish and scoring touch to keep pace with Sporting...seen it all season--4-2

No brainer

Westside takes this one. 3-2 in O.T.

Signmaster SC-NK Hrvat
Game of the week for sure....take NK, 3-2

Richmond downs the Roos...lucky they made it this far. 4-1

BC Romania-Nomads FC
Nomads and take the points. 4-3

Green Devils take this one in Shootout.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hummer. EV Socceroos-Richmond United Richmond downs the Roos...lucky they made it this far. 4-1 [/QUOTE said:
I am offering pieces of frozen gooseshit to all people who pick Richmond United to beat the humble Roos. I predict another surprise.:wa:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
I predict another surprise.
Do have those lovely yellow uni's all washed and pressed? Now that you have been cast as the under-roo, I mean, under-joey, I mean, under-dog, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain in swaying the opinions of VMSL'rs as to the capabilities of the boys from down under. You might even give up the goose shite gig as a means of building a fan base for your club.
Go get em Captain Socceroos!!! :D

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Do have those lovely yellow uni's all washed and pressed? Now that you have been cast as the under-roo, I mean, under-joey, I mean, under-dog, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain in swaying the opinions of VMSL'rs as to the capabilities of the boys from down under. You might even give up the goose shite gig as a means of building a fan base for your club.
Go get em Captain Socceroos!!! :D

I dedicate Sunday's win to all the Bonefishies out there.I love the role of the under roo...it really helps to motivate the rest of the troops. Looking forward to our Cup revenge against Signmaster.:D

Some people get to eat their words,I intend to feed em' Gooseshit.

Patrick_Adamczewski

Feb 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cobra will upset Norvan!!!

we are stronger then you guys think... when playoffs come around our team is solid.. plus a few injured players have returned to the squad

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the 2nd half of Westside Knights vs. Green Devils - Knights won 1- 0. Devils outchanced them, hitting the post once from point blank and later hitting the crossbar, but couldn't put one in the net. Some fine kick and run soccer from the Knights to preserve the lead. Some veterans on that team...

Patrick_Adamczewski

Feb 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone have any tips for fc cobra heading into their game tomorrow against norvan jb's... i know nothing about them.. what are some tips (especially for a striker like myself)

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Patrick_Adamczewski said:
anyone have any tips for fc cobra heading into their game tomorrow against norvan jb's... i know nothing about them.. what are some tips (especially for a striker like myself)

Score a goal - what else do you tell a striker?

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tip #1: Expect a physical contest.

Tip #2: Never bend over to tie your boots with Mickster around.

Tip #3: If Bonefish goes in net, shoot from anywhere.

Tip #4: Score more goals than they do.

- - -
Looks like the Westside Knights are enjoying that 6th placed spot in Div. 2B (coincidentally, it was the same spot NK was in for their cup run last year). Good luck, Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0