Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
Well at least you won't have to worry about any more Cup games after Saturday.
That's a relief. It'll give us plenty of free time to cheer you guys on during your run to the Provincial Finals. :bronco:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I seem to remember an exchange of barbs between Oggy and Socceroos a little while ago. I wonder, oh yes, that's what it was.

Oggy: "The fact that the league's most overweight front line was dangerous on the counter says a lot about MacDonald's defending."

Socceroos: "If I remember correctly , you are that scrawny creature with the questionable haircut and sexuality. I look fwd to playing Yaletown very soon...get ready as we whip out our FAT KOCKS and steamroll you latte lovin' bia-tches."

So the question is, how does Oggy feel about getting steamrolled by a chubby penis or two? And can Socceroos actually deliver on his promise or will his team be too lethargic from putting Uncle Willy's out of business after chowing down at the all-you-can-eat special the night before?

Still no word from Keeper after their loss last weekend. This, after he stated he "looks forward to handing NK their second loss of the season". VMSL Cat got your tongue Keeper?

Anyone got predictions for this weekend?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
I seem to remember an exchange of barbs between Oggy and Socceroos a little while ago. I wonder, oh yes, that's what it was.

Oggy: "The fact that the league's most overweight front line was dangerous on the counter says a lot about MacDonald's defending."

Socceroos: "If I remember correctly , you are that scrawny creature with the questionable haircut and sexuality. I look fwd to playing Yaletown very soon...get ready as we whip out our FAT KOCKS and steamroll you latte lovin' bia-tches."

So the question is, how does Oggy feel about getting steamrolled by a chubby penis or two? And can Socceroos actually deliver on his promise or will his team be too lethargic from putting Uncle Willy's out of business after chowing down at the all-you-can-eat special the night before?

Still no word from Keeper after their loss last weekend. This, after he stated he "looks forward to handing NK their second loss of the season". VMSL Cat got your tongue Keeper?

Anyone got predictions for this weekend?
Cheers, Daftpotayto, for stoking the fire. I still stand by my earlier comments regarding the Roos' linebackers/strikers.
I assume Socceroos probably won't be issuing a retraction, either, since they did whip out their FAT KOCKS in our last match, although they proceeded to stand around holding them while we were running up the score. :D
As for the comment regarding my scrawniness and sexual proclivities, Socceroos was evidently looking at the wrong person, since I am no more svelte than most of the Roos.
Denying the charge of being a "latte-lovin' biatch" is a bit more difficult, tho.
Should make for a good match, if the league ever decides to bless us with a field to carry it out on...:rolleyes:

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Watcher would also love to hear Keepers game report........ FC Bytca is right. He isn't just tooting his own horn. He did make an unbelievable save in that game. I still can't believe he saved it. Although NK was, and is, the better team, if that goal had gone in it would have been 2-2 then who knows what could have happened from there. The Watcher thought that the game was very competative, clean and good spirited. Kudos to WFC B.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Irish Lunatic........I did respond but all the posts were deleted because of your threats. What I said was that "leperchauns" was the most non offensive humuorous piss take I could think of to acknowledge the obviously very talented Irish stars on your first year team. Also "Bananas" has no racial implications nor was it meant to. Also NK Hrvat is a Croatian team in name only and I challenge any team to match our cultural diversity. We are a virtual United Nations and The Watcher would have it no other way. In twenty two years The Watcher has never gone into a tackle with malicious intent so I would apreciate an end to your threats. Also you should apologize for comments about my mother as that is just totally uncalled for. Now why dont you do something constructive and print a game report from the Unicorns game you guys pulled through. As far as a game prediction for the Lobbans this weekend I think we are heavy favorites but we know not to take anyone for granted so we are preparing as we would for any team. Finally NK is looking like it is getting back on track and will be tough to stop in it's bid to be the first team ever to repeat as div. 2 champs.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
Also "Bananas" has no racial implications nor was it meant to. .
I don't know what your intent was 'The watcher', but to say that "Bananas" used in the context that you originally used it has no racial implications is just plain ignorant. Give your head a shake, and while you're at it shake all of that 'NK is the team to beat' crap out of there as well. I think we all know that SPH are the team to beat based on their league record.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I appologize for keeping everyone waiting on baited breath for my opinion on last weekend's match; not only do my students have me conditioned to believe that no one cares to listen to anything I have to say but I was so pissed off on Sunday that it's taken me until now to actually want to talk about it. I was more than a little disappointed in our play on Sunday, and even though I said that I was looking forward to handing NK their second loss of the season, it was apparent that I must've been the only one on the Rangers who thought so.

The game was won and lost in the first 30 minutes as we were clearly not prepared to play. With the four short balls that I played to our defense, two resulted in break-aways, and the other two in goals against. It was all a result of mental blocks, lack of support from midfield, and in general, a collective nooze at the wheel.

Not until we managed to bring it back to 2:1, late in the first, did we seem to wake up. But, even by that time it was too late -- into the second, NK collapsed to protect their lead and try to exploit us on the counter-attack (which, mind you, they did quite well).

But as harsh an opinion I had of my own team (that I'm sure to get grilled for), I had the same attitude towards the ref and his complete blindness towards the lumberjacks we know as the NK train. As the keeper, I'm likely the only Ranger remaining who has any ankles left intact. While I can applaud NK's work effort and gusto in creating a lot of pressure on the ball carrier, I couldn't help but shake my head in disbelief on molestation going on. Number 13, in particular, seems to think he is required to amass as many bruises and whelts on his opponents lower legs as humanly possible.

Regardless, NK did play well, and capitalized on the gifts we gave them during the first half. I only wish we had shown up (mentally) an hour earlier to actually make a game of it.

Go Knights.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round of 32 Predictions:

Sporting Punjab Hurricanes 'A' vs City FC Rangers 'B'
Wickham FC 'B' vs Vancouver Olympics 'B'
Norvan JB's vs Bombastic SC 'A' – good match up but JB’s too big
IFC Zawisza vs City FC Cobras
Primo FC vs Westside Rino 'C' – MOTW?
Surrey United 'C' vs Club Ireland Hibs
PCOV Europa vs Cleo's FC
PCOV 'A' vs Winner of Game #14 – scheduled for next week
Signmaster SC vs Douglas Park Rangers
NK Hrvat vs Vancouver Lobbans 'C'
Yaletown FC vs East Van Socceroos
Richmond United 'B' vs Bosna SC
BC Romania vs Belmont FC
Nomads SC 'A' vs Burnaby Fury
Norvan Lions vs Westside Knights
Aryana FC vs Green Devils SC

What’s up with CAT A vs CAT B? Are the top teams in CAT B any good? We drew Romania and they haven't lost yet...

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Primo FC vs Westside Rino 'C' – MOTW?
Definitely MOTW here. Primos are coming off a bit of a bad run, it seems, giving up four goals in the last three games after only giving up six in the twelve games before that. Still not a bad defensive record, by any means, but they aren't exactly a high-scoring team (yeah, I know, people who live in glass houses, yada yada yada). Rino once again seems to have passed on the Div 1 cup and will be bringing all their ringers down to Div 2. On the other hand, this doesn't necessarily do much for cohesion, and they crashed out to PGU in the second round last year. The winner of this game should have a pretty easy route to the semis, where they will get stuffed by Punjab.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
Well at least you won't have to worry about any more Cup games after Saturday.
Roosy,
It looks like they found us a pitch. Unfortunately it's Strathcona Oval. Dibs on the end with less frozen gooseshit.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Roosy,
It looks like they found us a pitch. Unfortunately it's Strathcona Oval. Dibs on the end with less frozen gooseshit.

Let's do the following. The captain of the loosing team has to eat a piece of the frozen Goose shite.
Are you in?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
Let's do the following. The captain of the loosing team has to eat a piece of the frozen Goose shite.
Are you in?
I'd have no problem with that, but then again I'm not the captain...:D

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
damn you keeper, are you not going to give me some props for the save or what??? :p by the way, you didn't have a bad game your self, I thought we actually didn't play well for most part of the game. (my team will grill me for that one, right watcher??!)

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SPH 2-0 City RangerB

First goal off a counter attack in the first half, second on the final whistle as we pushed up. We could have taken the game but just couldn't score on our many chances through out. Hard fought game and proud of the effort. I am sure this was one of SPH toughest games this season.( One of SPH guys had also commented on this) Good luck to them.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper(obviously an NK hater in denial)
I don't know if it is a matter of NK being hackers or just a smallish WFC B being over run by a bigger, better, stronger, faster and younger team. FC Bytca you are right. NK did sleep walked through the middle portion of this game.

Balllicker...What I said stands regardless of your negative opinion and now exuse me while I go polish the Keith Millar Cup on my desk.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SPH 2 City Rangers B 0

No real comments on the game except for the fact that the ref tonight was absolutely fcuking brutal. He did a shitty job the first time we had him ref our game and he did even worse tonight. No need to complain since we won but that guy should not be ref'ing any games period.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SPH 2 CITY FC "B"0

The zebra was absolutley horrendous and #26 upfront for the Rangers was.a def. biatch. I don't understand how he comsiders himself to be a man after that fukckin dive. we played with 10 for the 30 min or so, , but stll hung on after the bitch was shot by a "sniper." They had a couple of shots, but we held on for the leaD. We are not a cocky team, but when some teams like to talk the shite, they deserve to be "shut-up."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0