Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Fraser Valley Summer Soccer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, check your Pm and I'll let you know there who it is.

Zaurinni, we had two forfeits out of 9 games so all players don't count for those games. One game in Mission where there were only 6 of us. That leaves 7 games where the rest of the guys would have had to get 5 games in. The rest of those games we played with had 10 - 13 players at most and we still finished 2nd on our side.

Utah, I heard the same thing:rolleyes: that they looked at the trophy and saw a Langely team on there for the past 5-7 years. If that's the case then why not try and bring out better teams when they play the Lizards and against us and see if you can actually beat the top Langley teams when it counts.

Alikira, yes I'll be at Nation Cup keep the jersey. Muckers will more than likely not be playing in that bush league next year. We will probably join a better run league. you can buy my pints instead:D

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bloody hell ........ what a farce.

However, there are two really good things though that have come out of it :

a) I don't have to book a flight to Abbotsford two weeks in a row :wa:

b) All the 'executive' phone numbers are on the website. How many calls do you think they'll get from the Muckers this weekend when they're pinted in the beer garden at Nations, the Roxy, or the Flying Beaver :D

Fcuking atrocity .........

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks said:
b) All the 'executive' phone numbers are on the website. How many calls do you think they'll get from the Muckers this weekend when they're pinted in the beer garden at Nations, the Roxy, or the Flying Beaver :D

Fcuking atrocity .........

Nah, that would never happen now, would it Walks. Everyone knows tthe Muckers don't drink:D

Surfer, What are your thoughts, since you do play for Arsenal?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the FVSSL and its members,

I’m sincerely disappointed and frankly pissed off in your recent decision to “disqualify” The Muckers FC for reasons as I understand to be, ineligible players. While I do understand you have the standard summer league rule that stipulates you must be on a team sheet for 5 of 9 league games to play in a play-off match, I can't comprehend how you can possibly enforce this, let alone use it as your ridicules basis to disqualify with-out 1) proper registration forms and 2) formal card checks or even ID checks. We could cheat, and teams do you have to know that, and write 50 names on every teams sheet, but we don’t. We are open and honest with who is at each match. You truly must understand this is only a summer league and can’t possibly, with a sort of straight face, take this that seriously.

The Muckers FC have never brought in any “ringers” and have played more games short handed this season than not. We even played a match in Mission with 6 players out of sportsmanship so we didn't waste the other sides time. You have the team sheets, please check them.

We were second to none with a full side and I think you know that because we still managed to place 2nd despite averaging 9 players per game. Every player to a man has been on the Muckers team for a minimum 2 seasons and does what they can to make games whenever possible. It’s a summer league gentlemen. There is no promotion, no relegation and no money on the line. We’re not trying in any way to make a farce of your league, though your decision to disqualify us is doing just that.

The fact is, the Muckers have won the last two play-off games with 8 and 9 men respectively. The fact we finally got 13 of our 20 some-odd players, players that I should add have been on our team all season, out to a game is a minor miracle for us this year and one we should not be punished for.

The joke of all this is that you’re sending Arsenal through because we had a “full side”, yet you leave out FV Storm and Mission FC who we were forced to play with 8 and 9 men. Where was the name check then? Would you have checked names if we pumped Arsenal with 9 men again? We’ve done it twice this season already. If Arsenal had any class what-so-ever they would decline the final knowing they were beat fair and square, again.

What I’m asking for is if you truly are going to pull us from the final for ineligible players I would like proof that you’ve checked EVERY single team and every single player to play in the play-off’s. I would like copies of their team sheets if you don't want to do it. I would like proof! I’d also like to hear that one of your executive didn’t in fact suggest that the executive were “sick of having a Langley team win every year”

If you’re tired of the Muckers winning because the rest of your “league” such that it is, isn’t good enough to compete and beat us even on nights we’re short handed, please put up your hand and ask us not to come back.

Let me tell you this, if this decision stands we won’t be...

This is a farce gentlemen and I eagerly wait for your explanation and proof on the matter.

Dave Hleucka
I just sent this to every email on that site! The Lizards should no-show to the final to protest! What do you say utah. I'm calling you out.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
League Executive in Bush

I polished my gold boots and all to fill water bottles this Tuesday... What a joke... This executive don't realise they have shattered the dreams of a young boy who only wanted a chance to get a closer look at the holy grail...:rolleyes:
Wankers!!!
This man is the likely culprit...

Doug McKellan - League Statistician

Attachments

• doug_mckellan - statman.jpg
    doug_mckellan - statman.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 40

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: League Executive in Bush

Guinness said:
I polished my gold boots and all to fill water bottles this Tuesday... What a joke... This executive don't realise they have shattered the dreams of a young boy who only wanted a chance to get a closer look at the holy grail...:rolleyes:
Wankers!!!
This man is the likely culprit...

Doug McKellan - League Statistician

Wrong person Guiness

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then it had to be the guy???

Roger Greenwood - Treasurer

Attachments

• roger greenwood- Treasurer.jpg
    roger greenwood- Treasurer.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 36

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Email to Executive

Attention: Fraser Valley Summer Soccer League Executive

Your recent decision to impliment/inforce some type of kangaroo court style "league rule" and strong arm Muckers FC out of the final is not only infuriating, it's also embarassing to all involved in your league... Arsenal (the team we stuffed again) have to play in a final they never deserved to make... Mission FC and FV Storm should never been eliminated from the Cup (by Muckers FC)!!!You cannot possibly have a constatution based on a summer league that does not require its players to actually register... In fact the bush piece of paper that gets handed in before each game is a mockery of the so-called gentlemen that have eventually taken Muckers FC to task... Is there a rule against double sided glenroy lined notepad paper photocopies being handed to the referee??? I'm sure we could have pulled the wool (that happens to be parked right behind you) right over your eyes... In my opinion, you have just created a standard that no single side in your world class non-sanctioned league can live up to... Not only that, you've just de-motivated quality footballers from taking the flight out to Bateman when they get a night away from the family!!! Well done lads, you can now pat yourselves on the back...

Sincerely, John Collins

BTW, Roger Greenwood sent an out of office reply immediately!Shocker!:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the FVSSL Executive and its Team Managers/Coaches:

I am forwarding this email to the Executive of the FVSSL and all Club Managers/Coaches. It came from a player.
A copy of this email will be faxed to the President of the league.

Regards,

Henri Bouwens
Website Administrator
I got mine sent to every team and every exec... I hope I don't get ridiculous for my spelling.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I got mine sent to every team and every exec... I hope I don't get ridiculous for my spelling.

By the sounds of it the webiste admin. had no idea we were removed from the final.
The website still reads:

CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES

MUCKERS FC vs. LANGLEY LIZARDS

Division 1 Tuesday July 25, 2006 7:00 PM Bateman Park 2

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition said:
Utah, any chance we can get a field out here in Langley and play the real final between our two teams? :eek:

Guys.
This is the solution.

These two teams know each other so well and we all know what a great night it would have been.
It would have been fun and I'm sure the Lizards could have given two fcuks about receiving another silver medal anyway. :D ;)

Can we not schedule a pseudo-final?
Seriously.
We wanted to play in Langley as opposed to Bateman anyway.

Nick/Robbie:
I think this would be an awesome night regardless and we probably might get better depth out of both teams if we schedule it properly.
Have the Lizards show class and play the final against Arsenal anyway but can we schedule it the following week?

Seriously guys, I was really looking forward to having a fun night of footy and socializing after.

Please?
Frase

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Hi Nick,

Please let your players know that I have nothing to do with executive decisions.
I merely do stats.
Please, (if you have any say in it) also tell them to refrain from sending me "league-hate mail".
It would be much appreciated.
Like I said I only do the stats, this is not my issue, and I should not have to be subjected to this bombardment.

Thank you
Doug McKellan
FVSSL Statistician.

Just got this email. He really does not have anything to do with the decision. He just keeps the stats. Don't send anymore his way. If you want to know who makes the decision just Pm me and I'll let you know who. I just won't do it out on here.

Thanks guys.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then I can play with-out paying my 50 bucks for a 50-50 tackle I got into in last years semi. Down with the man, where is the Cup?
The Mighty Muckers are taking it hostage.

Demo has allways been very honest when it came to playing guys that had played 5 games over the coarse of the year. A few years back, he told a couple of guys including me, that we could not play in the play-offs because we did not play in 5 games. So there you go, take that and stuff it.

Good on ya Demo, you allways run a good ship, just not enough pints for the passengers.

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0