Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Keith Millar BC Provincial B Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
IF we go to this cup which looks iffy with our numbers, we aint taking it seriously, prob gonna drink every night and if we win 1 game, its a bonus.

I'm going have to track you down friday night to buy you a beer, anything to make our Saturday morning game easier.:p Cheers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC,

You won a Cup where the only contenders were teams w/ nothing else to play for.

Belated congrats.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
DJGMC,

You won a Cup where the only contenders were teams w/ nothing else to play for.

Belated congrats.

The only teams that really gave a crap about promotion were you the Gunners and Aldergrove. Celtic didnt give two hoots. So that leaves about what 50 some teams. I would say that the cup is definatley something to play for because only a few teams can possibly promote. Congrats on your finish but your point makes no sense. Not everyone can finish first.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
The only teams that really gave a crap about promotion were you the Gunners and Aldergrove. Celtic didnt give two hoots. So that leaves about what 50 some teams. I would say that the cup is definatley something to play for because only a few teams can possibly promote. Congrats on your finish but your point makes no sense. Not everyone can finish first.

DJGMC (at the end of the regular season) said:
Guru / Bored

If you guys are up in the air about promoting and decide its not what your team wants, would you guys be willing to give us a crack at the tourney for promotion? I heard a rumour that your team was not interested in moving to division 1 and if thats the case we would like challenge for it. Your comments would be appreciated.

DJGMC (after Celtic said:
Sorry about the loss Celtic. I really thought you guys were gonna take care of business and Im really wishing now we could have had a shot at that promotion round. But hey you did finish first and we didnt so.....Im not really upset.....just dissapointed.

You're right...my bad.:rolleyes:

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
You're right...my bad.:rolleyes:

We would have liked to give it a go because Celtic made no effort and shat the bed. I think we would have faired better thats all. Guru told me straight up he did not want to move up nor did several of his boys. They only wanted to play because they finished 1st and after it all they really didnt care that they did not promote. Does it really make any sense to play in something you have no desire to win?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, but if that's the case, don't claim that "The only teams that really gave a crap about promotion were you the Gunners and Aldergrove", when you all but got on your knees for a backdoor chance at earning promotion, wilst the other three teams busted it all year to earn first in their 10 team groups. There is a damn good reason why we were ranked the #1 "B" form team comming out of the Valley: we won our group, then we won the promotion playoff. Wheather you like it or not, the Knights Cup has become a second choice option for teams that are out of the promotion hunt.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they are just down the street from Gipettos' Workshop.
I'll ask Pinnocchio later tonight.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe old Gipetto should have borrowed some real tooling so that he didn't have to make fcuking bewitched dolls.

Nutter.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Does anyone know where Donato Millworks Stallions are from? ive never heard of the before."

KRIS,

They're a sordid bunch from the mean streets of East Revelstoke.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Vernon Morning Star:

The Timber, meanwhile, will play in the Keith Millar Cup June 9-11 in a talented Group D with defending champion Richmond All Blacks, Prospect Lake Lakers of Victoria and Westside Rino Restaurant of Vancouver.

“We’re in probably the toughest group, but we’ll be right there,” said NET playing-coach Eric Ladner, who along with John Hughes will represent veteran leadership on a youthful, highly skilled club.

The Timber, who finished preliminary play at 3-1 the last two provincials, open Friday, June 9 against Prospect Lake at Topaz Cage. Game time is 6 p.m.

NET will battle Westside at 12:30 p.m. and then face Richmond at 6:30 p.m. in Saturday games at Finlayson Park. The semifinals and finals are scheduled for the Sunday. Ladner expects NorVan JB’s, Gorge F.C. of Victoria and the Oak Bays United to be among the teams to beast in the 16-team tournament.

The Timber are the lone Interior entry

....Interesting

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hang on... Rino has a restaurant? Are frozen Swedish meatballs the house special? :D

And what's with those beasts from the North Shore? Bonefish, you're an animal!

:D

Good luck to all the teams this weekend!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GroupA - Games Wins Losses Ties GoalsFor GoalsAgainst Points
IG MicroMed Dragons (Richmond S.L- 18 15 2 1 61 25 47)
Burnaby Eagles FC (Burnaby S.L - 18 11 1 6 39 55 31)
NK Hrvat (V.M.S.L Div2 - 18 13 4 1 50 17 43)
F.V.S.L-Gunners?? (F.V.S.L.Div2 - 18 14 4 0 62 13 46)

Group B
Gorge FC (V.I.S.L Div3 - 17 15 0 2 56 14 47)
Rover FC (Richmond S.L- 18 10 6 2 40 23 36)
Delta Metro United (F.V.S.L Div 2 - 17 12 3 2 37 17 39)
Norvan JB’s (V.M.S.L Div2 - 18 10 4 4 40 24 34)

Group C
FC Sagres (VISL Div3 - 17 13 3 1 54 22 40)
Bays United (VISL Div3 - 18 10 3 5 38 18 35)
Characters Pub (Chilliwack S.L - 18 13 2 3 56 14 42)
D. M. Stallions (Revelstoke S.L. - ????

Group D
Prospect LakeLakers (VISL Div3 - 16 13 2 1 40 12 40)
N.Enderby Timber (Vernon S.L - ????
Westside Rino C (V.M.S.L Div2 - 18 13 3 2 54 16 42)
Richmond All Blacks (Richmond S.L - 18 12 2 4 43 27 38)

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Bonefish!
Hope the JB's win their group. I think you guys have a super chance if you are all there healthy. As for NK. I believe we have a great chance, as last year we only surrendered one stupid goal from forty yards and that cost us a semi berth. This year we hope to win our first two in style then slay the dragons who everybody seems to worship on this thread. I saw them play last year and they appear to be beatable. I guess watching always looks easier then being on the pitch though. Looking forward to suiting up with the mighty NK once again.

Went across the water
To play a game of ball
The hope of soccer glory
Always seems so small
But if you look closely at the record
NK Hrvat is second to none
So now I am a thinkin
This tourney could be won
Now good luck to all the others
Who think they have a chance
But when the train starts a rollin
You just might shiit your pants

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hang on... Rino has a restaurant?

capuccino bar actually. not sure about the frozen meatballs, but i'm willing to bet there might be some grappa behind the bar. across the street from "shoes for the stars" on w.broadway. little plug for rino.

good luck to the westside squad this weekend. an inter-club friendly last nite at point grey turf was easily won by the 'c'-boys and they should be in with a sniff at winning this comming weekend. good luck boys!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cerebral smallsy said:
good luck to the westside squad this weekend. an inter-club friendly last nite at point grey turf was easily won by the 'c'-boys

Inter-club? I thought you guys were Westside, not Inter?

Good luck to all, but especially the VMSL teams.

P.s. Stay out of Sweetwater. Place is full of widebodies. Unless of course you like that sort of thing of course, Creedence.:p

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Creedence, will not be making the trip. I tried to convince him that the 670K drive from Chetwynd is doable in a day but he wasn't a believer.

Vokail

Jun 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweet waters doesn't exist any more. There actually a really good bar called "Social" full of hot ladies. I recommend there or the Upstairs club above darcy's Pub. For those of you looking to party.

Cheers

V

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
cerebral smallsy said:
an inter-club friendly last nite at point grey turf was easily won by the 'c'-boys and they should be in with a sniff at winning this comming weekend. good luck boys!

whoa, Whoa, WHOA!!! Teams are practicing?! What is going on here? This is a total disregard of tournament rules, a complete disgrace. I for one am appalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0