Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Keith Millar BC Provincial B Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino- Div 2 VMSL Champs and now new provincial cup winners- I would like to thank my team for being the most dedicated , hardworking team this season- that had a strong will to win- my captain, Dan, was a born leader- and at any time the team showed they were not moving on the field in any of the 5 games they played , no matter how tired they were, he would spur them on to move. My players even took ice baths in between games to revive their tired, aching legs. 5 games in 3 days was a brutal foremat for the players and the final was not the best that either team could play as we were both suffering from fatigue . My players were very serious before we went to the tournament to give it their best shot to win and had a maximun of 1-2 beers each on Fri and Saturday nights. I want to congratulate all the teams that participated in this very tough competition. I do believe we are the first VMSL team to win this cup. I would like to thank the Westside club for their support and sending a mixed team of players from 3 different teams to give us an exhibition the week beofre this was a very considerable help to us.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach said:
Westside Rino- Div 2 VMSL Champs and now new provincial cup winners- I would like to thank my team for being the most dedicated , hardworking team this season- that had a strong will to win- my captain, Dan, was a born leader- and at any time the team showed they were not moving on the field in any of the 5 games they played , no matter how tired they were, he would spur them on to move. My players even took ice baths in between games to revive their tired, aching legs. 5 games in 3 days was a brutal foremat for the players and the final was not the best that either team could play as we were both suffering from fatigue . My players were very serious before we went to the tournament to give it their best shot to win and had a maximun of 1-2 beers each on Fri and Saturday nights. I want to congratulate all the teams that participated in this very tough competition. I do believe we are the first VMSL team to win this cup. I would like to thank the Westside club for their support and sending a mixed team of players from 3 different teams to give us an exhibition the week beofre this was a very considerable help to us.

Unfortunately, you have been stripped of the title for limiting the players to 1 - 2 beers a night. When we won it to win the quad.......it was 1 - 2 beers every 1/2 hour.......But either way, a win is a win. It just seems that much more fun when you do it blootered and hungover. :D

What happened to the Dragons by the way?

Congratulations, Smartcoach. It's always nice winning any competition. :)

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons went into the finals without kuschy. He received a phantom yellow card in the semi finals and received a one game suspension for it.

Delta Metro showed lots of class after the semis and told BC Soccer that it was their player and not the Dragon player that swore at the referee. An appeal was made but after last year's debauchery, Bruce Yule denied the appeal on the grounds that BC soccer never makes mistakes.

Would have been a different game with the suspended player playing in the final. Kurgan hit the post early in the 2nd half. C men scored late in the game. The young legs were the difference.

A case of beer before the final is mandatory isn't it????

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jungleboy said:
Dragons went into the finals without kuschy. He received a phantom yellow card in the semi finals and received a one game suspension for it.

Delta Metro showed lots of class after the semis and told BC Soccer that it was their player and not the Dragon player that swore at the referee. An appeal was made but after last year's debauchery, Bruce Yule denied the appeal on the grounds that BC soccer never makes mistakes.

Would have been a different game with the suspended player playing in the final. Kurgan hit the post early in the 2nd half. C men scored late in the game. The young legs were the difference.

A case of beer before the final is mandatory isn't it????

It's never the Dragons fault is it? Are you still blaming BCSA for your decision to play a suspended player all the while knowing that he never served out his suspension? Face it, BCSA got it right last year and you got nailed. And then in a desperate attmept to bring the Allblacks down, you bring up that they played a player that was allegedly suspended in the Chinese League. Unfcukin' believable, you guys.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
canucklehead said:
It's never the Dragons fault is it? Are you still blaming BCSA for your decision to play a suspended player all the while knowing that he never served out his suspension? Face it, BCSA got it right last year and you got nailed. And then in a desperate attmept to bring the Allblacks down, you bring up that they played a player that was allegedly suspended in the Chinese League. Unfcukin' believable, you guys.

You with the shite-blacks? you both cheated. And then this year, you came in last in your group. What's your explanation from cheating chumps to cheating dead last from only one year. Those 40 year old legs couldn't match the powerful VMSL. Taking a shot at the goalie in the tourney should have resulted in a kick in the head towards your teammate.

big juggs

Jun 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
actually we beat north enderby 2-1 to come in 3rd in our group. the island refs had it in for us. getting refs from the blind school was a smart idea on bc soccers part. the soccer was shite. kyle was hurt in the first game and we missed him on the park.

we'll be back next year and win it all, without cheating you bitches.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach said:
....My players even took ice baths in between games to revive their tired, aching legs. ....My players were very serious...maximun of 1-2 beers each on Fri and Saturday nights. ....an exhibition the week.

Ice baths
No beers
Serious players
Exhibition games

Shocking, truly shocking.

Congrats Westside, although next time try and have a little fun and live a little, life is too short! :)

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next year's All Black team will be younger, fitter, and much better looking. Hell, it's not like we can get any older, fatter, and uglier in a year's time. Or can we?

Congrats again to Wside. Hopefully we get the opportunity to return the favour next year.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about the rest of you, but I always find soccer is more fun when my team wins :wa:
Our defense and goaltending was in excellent form throughout the tournament as we had clean sheets in 4 of 5 matches. With our top striker in Germany for the World Cup, our scoring was spread throughout the squad with significant contributions from the bench. As mentioned our captain Dan was the team's driving force. He was all over the pitch making big plays and really kept the team organized defensively.

Credit also to our coach who has qualified this team for the Provincials with varying squads in 3 out of his 4 years in charge. He definitely built a winner this year and had the magic touch when it came to picking players for the starting XI and making substitutions.

There was no team curfew, but there was definitely a core group of guys who made the commitment to try and win and the rest followed suit. There will be plenty of celebratory partying now that we're back in town.

Game Summaries...

ROUND-ROBIN

Westside Rino 0 - 0 Richmond All Blacks (RSSL)
We opened Friday against the defending champion Richmond All Blacks. We came out flying and really put pressure on the Richmond side, not letting them play their game. They had one goal called back offside in the first half and that was the only time the ball found the back of the net. The All Blacks played a very physical game and chopped us down when we beat them with speed. We still managed to create some opportunities, hitting the crossbar once and beating the keeper on 3 seperate occassions only to have defenders clear the ball off the line each time.

North Enderby Timber (Vernon) 2 - 4 Westside Rino
After the tie on Friday we assumed that in order to progress we were going to need a better goal differential than the All Blacks. We started out Saturday morning with the intention of breaking out of our goal scoring slump, but instead came out a bit flat. We got caught pushing up early and they scored on an easy rebound. After some more lacklustre play, we finally had a spark as our captain took the ball from the middle of the park and walked through half the Vernon team before chipping it over the goalie's head into the net. 1-1 at halftime and we made a few changes to get a different look on the field. The changes worked as a beautiful pass from the midfield through the heart of the NET defense sent me on a breakaway and I slipped the ball through the on-rushing goalies legs into the net. We scored again on a play similar to NET's first when our left wing buried an easy rebound. NET responded with a well placed header off a cross from the right, but our captain came up with another amazing individual effort, beating multiple players as he cut into the box and slotted past the keeper to restore the 2 goal cushion.

Prospect Lake Lakers (VISL) 0 - 2 Westside Rino
Prospect Lake tied NET on Friday and matched our 4-2 victory over NET with a 4-2 win over the All Blacks early on Saturday. This set up a winner-take-all match Saturday afternoon between us and them. Again our backline was phenomenal and we pretty much outplayed them all over the park, but couldn't seem to buy a goal. Finally in the 2nd half we had a breakthrough as our striker cut from the right wing into the penalty area and got taken down from behind. Penalty. He stepped up and sent the goalkeeper the wrong way. Not long after that he again burst down the right wing and played a low cross into the penalty area and the Prospect Lake defender, with more time and space than he realized fired the ball into the top corner of his own net. Game. Set. Match.

SEMI-FINALS

Westside Rino 4 - 0 Characters Pub (Chilliwack)
We got a bit lucky with the draw for the semis as the team we faced apparently had 4 or 5 players go back on the ferry in order to make church for Sunday morning. We opened with a quick goal as our striker latched onto a long ball and just burned their D with straight ahead speed. We carried the play for the majority of the half, but came off with just the 1-0 lead. The second half was a walk in the park as two fine individual efforts scored our 2nd and 3rd goals. One of their players then got stupid and head-butted our guy after being fouled. He then shoved the referee before being shown a straight red. I believe he got a 5 game suspension. Our 4th tally came off a far post cross that I nodded back into the 6 yard box and my trailing strike partner buried into the back of the net.

FINALS

IG MicroMed Dragons (RSSL) 0 - 1 Westside Rino
Most outsiders had been predicting the Dragons to win this tournament. They cruised through their group stage and knocked off Delta Metro United in the semis. We started with a bang as we got a partial-breakaway which their goalie did well to save when he came out and challenged. The Dragons experience then showed as they seemed to settle down and control the game, moving the ball around quite nicely and opening up space for themselves. After they made a couple rushes we caught on and kept our shape well enough to keep them to the perimeter. In the second half things seemed to swing in our favour. With the older Dragons side tiring we seemed to carry more of the play and started finding offensive opportunities. Their goalkeeper did well to make saves on some decent long range efforts. The goal finally came off a low cross that our striker turned into the bottom corner of the net. After that we kept good pressure up front and the Dragons didn't have enough gas left in the tank to mount a comeback.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Westside on their win. The team that advanced in our group (Delta), I thought was not that strong. US.......well, we drank ourselves out of this tourney. We were poor.........and I led the way. Great time, but I realized that my body can't take that much booze punishment with the soccer punishment...............getting old sucks.

on a side note: the Island refs are really, really bad. They really are a bunch of whores.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
baahahahahaha omg those guys are bunch of geeks, they are really into them selfs. For those who actually care, this is how it went down for the first game in victoria: Victorias team had pressure for the first 15 to 20 mins where they had only two shots on net from about 30 yards out which was no real problem for me. Than NK got their game back on and started to pressure, agains the play victorias team got a counter attack where they crossed the ball inbetween the 5 yard box and the penalty spot, the player scoring the goal brought the ball down with his "HAND" which the ref completely ignored to see, including the assistants that were nowhere close to the play. Anyways, second half was much of the same, NK pressuring just failing to score a goal. Their second came of another counter attack as NK was pushing for the equalizer, it was a two on one, the man carrying the ball passed it off and as our defender turned to go chalange the receiver, the passer pushed him to the ground, much to our delight there was no call from the ref and of course sendin the receiver to a breakway which he shot TO THE RIGHT, nice shot but c'mon **** anyone can blast it from 1 meter from the keeps, plus i got my hand on it, t'was just too strong. Their only deserved chance was a breakaway with 1 min left which I stoped. End of game and a big congratulations to idiot refs.

The rest of the games were fine, 5:0 win over the eagles and a 2:0 loss to Dragons (nice game, couple of dodgy calls, but over all pretty nice, OH yeah and 4 posts hit by NK and a beautiful save by dragons keeps)

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
baahahahahaha omg those guys are bunch of geeks, they are really into them selfs. For those who actually care, this is how it went down for the first game in victoria: Victorias team had pressure for the first 15 to 20 mins where they had only two shots on net from about 30 yards out which was no real problem for me. Than NK got their game back on and started to pressure, agains the play victorias team got a counter attack where they crossed the ball inbetween the 5 yard box and the penalty spot, the player scoring the goal brought the ball down with his "HAND" which the ref completely ignored to see, including the assistants that were nowhere close to the play. Anyways, second half was much of the same, NK pressuring just failing to score a goal. Their second came of another counter attack as NK was pushing for the equalizer, it was a two on one, the man carrying the ball passed it off and as our defender turned to go chalange the receiver, the passer pushed him to the ground, much to our delight there was no call from the ref and of course sendin the receiver to a breakway which he shot TO THE RIGHT, nice shot but c'mon **** anyone can blast it from 1 meter from the keeps, plus i got my hand on it, t'was just too strong. Their only deserved chance was a breakaway with 1 min left which I stoped. End of game and a big congratulations to idiot refs.

The rest of the games were fine, 5:0 win over the eagles and a 2:0 loss to Dragons (nice game, couple of dodgy calls, but over all pretty nice, OH yeah and 4 posts hit by NK and a beautiful save by dragons keeps)
I CAN SEE YOUR COACH HAS BEEN GIVING YOU LESSONS IN GRAMMER AS WELL AS SOCCER

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As opposed to your ability to bring out the best in your group to win this prestigious "Championship"? YOU THINK TYPING IN CAPITALS MAKES YOU AN ENGLISH MAJOR?

Fcuking laughable! You implemented a curfew! As far as championship legitimacy goes, this has none! Jamming 5 games into 3 days, during the summer when most teams can't field their full roster, isn't worthy of being called a Provincial championship. If BCSA want teams to take it seriously, run it in conjunction with the real provincials...Christ, it isn't like there aren't fields available at that time of year anyhow.

No, sorry, but it's the old boys who deserve recognition. They got blottered, and still put up a good fight. They took it as seriously as the BCSA does, which is to say, not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0