Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Keith Millar BC Provincial B Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, okay...

The cat's out of the bag (but I'm not saying whose). We've been helping FCbytca get ready for the tournament by letting him face breakaway after breakaway, questionable calls by dodgey refs, forwards that would rather run him than shoot, forwards he can only get the ball to by hitting them in the back of the heads, and warm beer on mosquito-infested pitches. That and a few knocks to the head....

Watcher, he should be all ready to go. Just send him back in nearly one piece....:D

Trece

KRIS

May 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
GroupA - Games Wins Losses Ties GoalsFor GoalsAgainst Points
IG MicroMed Dragons (Richmond S.L- 18 15 2 1 61 25 47)
Burnaby Eagles FC (Burnaby S.L - 18 11 1 6 39 55 31)
NK Hrvat (V.M.S.L Div2 - 18 13 4 1 50 17 43)
F.V.S.L-Gunners?? (F.V.S.L.Div2 - 18 14 4 0 62 13 46)

Group B
Gorge FC (V.I.S.L Div3 - 17 15 0 2 56 14 47)
Rover FC (Richmond S.L- 18 10 6 2 40 23 36)
Delta Metro United (F.V.S.L Div 2 - 17 12 3 2 37 17 39)
Norvan JB’s (V.M.S.L Div2 - 18 10 4 4 40 24 34)

Group C
FC Sagres (VISL Div3 - 17 13 3 1 54 22 40)
Bays United (VISL Div3 - 18 10 3 5 38 18 35)
Characters Pub (Chilliwack S.L - 18 13 2 3 56 14 42)
D. M. Stallions (Revelstoke S.L. - ????

Group D
Prospect LakeLakers (VISL Div3 - 16 13 2 1 40 12 40)
N.Enderby Timber (Vernon S.L - ????
Westside Rino C (V.M.S.L Div2 - 18 13 3 2 54 16 42)
Richmond All Blacks (Richmond S.L - 18 12 2 4 43 27 38)

The Email ffrom BC Soccer Has Aldergrove Undivided in pool C not FC Sagres so which team is it??

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's restaurant is closing shop this weekend and all the waiters and short order cooks are coming to play in the B Cup. We want to thank all of our loyal patrons in Vancouver to whom we've served many a good meal and apologize to them for the inconvenience of closing for the weekend.

Best of luck to the other VMSL teams in topping their divisions.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our loss yesterday was attributed to shoddy refereeing. Their first goal was an obvious handball to everyone including the ref who later commented that they 'got away with a handball for their first goal'. Their second goal came off another foul in the box where they tripped up our defender and had a free shot on net. Should have been a free kick for us. They were a fast, young bunch but their two goals were gifts...c'est la vie.

This morning NK beat Burnaby Eagles 5-0. Don't know JB's score, but hoping they pulled out the win.

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
just a few casual observations from the "B" cup....the 2 richmond teams i did view, namely rovers and allblacks shud be playing in an over 40 league...talented yes in their day, but that day has passed. i certainly think there is a great chance for those 2 teams to tackle some of the many, many cougs prowling downtown victoria. also for the allblacks, winning at all costs is pretty obvious by what i saw from them...namely an unnamed player running a goalie, that is a no/no in every league, except possbily the richmond league. If that was a league game i guarantee a shot to the head....To be fair i guess frustration set in as they had numerous chances up to that point...BUT that is why we play the games...oldtimers! i did like the norvan teams effort even tho they lost out, they never quit and deserved a better result from the gorge game..
bronco.gif

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not positive, but allblacks lost out to div 4 team from victoria...prospect lake...they qualify; delta beat out gorge they qualify; unsure of the other 2, however that said i assume by what was posted at the gorge field, the other richmond team was undefeated going into last game.....no doubt they must have qualified as well...do not know the other group results. I will post if we find out more......

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The group standings are as follows:
Group A - Dragons 3W; Eagles 3L; Hrvat 1W,2L; Sagres 2W,1L

Group B - Delta 2W,1L;Gorge 2W,1L;Rover 1W,2L; Norvan1W,2L [delta by win over gorge]

Group C - Characters Pub (chilliwack), Bays and Aldergrove all 2W,1L; Donato of course 3L [characters by goal difference]

Group D - Westside 2W,1L; Prospect Lake and Allblacks 1W,1L and 1T; Vernon 1T, 2L

Unknown who is playing who is playing who at 11, but Dragons, Delta, Characters and Westside are in the semis....

For those who might care....Coq City Slickers, SBAA Slikers, SBAA Selects and Abbotsford are playing right now in the womens semis.......

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the semi's, Westside beat Chilliwack, and the Dragon slayed Delta, so the final which just ended...was won by a young fit Westside team who beat a very old looking, tired Dragon with a goal late in the game [1-0] A very lacklustre game, not helped by being the 5th game within 48 hours. [perhaps something for the soccer gods to think about; I would recommend 2 games friday, 2 on saturday, including the semi's with an early final wrapup game on sunday] Judging by the little I did watch this weekend, the Richmond teams were starting to look their ages, what with some younger fitter teams from the VML, FVL and VISL.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, the final result surprises me. 5 games in 3 days is a lot. The new NHL shows you need veterans coupled with young guns up front to finish it off.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Westside on a well deserved cup victory.

Aztec Ruler, if you're the goof that I think you are, you should have taken a shot at that All Black when you had the chance. Or is it that you didn't want to hurt on old man? It certainly didn't help that your own player shoved him into your keeper. Brilliant...

Victoria truly is a breeding ground for tenacious cougars and wily silverbacks. Was that your mother cutting a rug on the dance floor at the Strathcona last night?:bronco:

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuna....very nice indeed, and yes i agree with one think you state, congrats to Westside.....the better side on the day. Methinks the entire richmond football assoc was seen at the strath on friday nite....and nope not my mom, perhaps your wife tho. Was that you I saw on the ferry last nite with your laptop in hand and soccer ball in the other...well at least some type of ball.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Westside. Good stuff guys. The young guys are cleaning up.

Thanks for the updates Spastic Ruler, er, Aztec Ruler.

And a tip for any young guys in Victoria. You can usually fend off a cougar attack with a maxed-out credit card, but never look a cougar straight in the eye.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Westside Rino's....a good hardworking side to say the least.
Almost a perfect season minus finishing 2nd in league ;)
Congrats again!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
beer...good...
The beer drinking that began Friday night after the game and continued at a fine establishment downtown(D'arcy's) doomed the JB squad. 12 out of the 13 players who made the trip were blotto by 11pm. The Sat morning game vs Gorge saw a green team in blue jerseys take on a good Victoria side who looked to be more prepared. Gorge scored 2 early goals before we woke up. Gorge started to sit back a bit and we started making a comeback. We came close to tying the game but fell short in the end. A 3 hour break and we were back on the field to face the Richmond Rovers. Thinking we had no chance to advance with our earlier loss we did not play the game we needed to play(Run/pressure) to beat an older but skilled opponent. We(I) missed some early chances to put us up and that came back to hurt when we gave up a couple of weak goals. Our team came undone (and ventilated for 3 more goals in the second half) as the effects of the previous night and amount of soccer that had been played. For some of us it was our 6th game in 6 days. Little did we know that Delta Metro was taking care of business on another field in defeating Gorge. Had we played our 3rd game like it mattered and got a win, there would have been a 3 way tie. Anyways, Good on Delta getting to the next round. Sometimes blessings are nicely disguised. Given the collective poor condition of the team after Day 2, a Day 3 would have seen some even more shocking soccer, especially with after a second night of dodging cougars and sabre tooths downtown.
With the night freed up of any potential guilt of over-indulging with games yet to play, the team hit the bar once again. It was another great night, no harm no foul and everyone made it back safe(mostly) by 9am the next morning...

Congrats to Westside (Curfews do work...) for perservering

Some non-soccer related pics to follow later in the gallery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0